The horrible new YouTube layout

NickRedMachine

The new YT layout is really awful. I can view the comments but cannot make a comment myself as the comment box is unclickable for me. And...............I DON'T want a damn Google+ Account just to make one comment once in a while. WTF is wrong with you Google

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I the only one here who signed the petition?
I agree, the layout *censored*ing sucks, the way replies look are bad, they even removed the Youtube inbox and had all the comment messages go to Google+. I hate it.

Am I the only one here who signed the petition?

I just did. It needs a little over 500 more signatures. I'm predicting that would be full by tomorrow afternoon; seeing as how no one can't even comment on the videos now.

nah me and a bunch others were able to comment. Many of the comments were complaints about the new layout too lol

The best YouTube was the original, with the 5 stars rating system. Whenever you searched for a video, you could tell whether it was worth clicking on by looking at the rating. If it was one star, you knew it was bullshit (like some bait and switch thumbnails), but if it had a high rating, you knew it was legitimate. Now you can't see the rating before you click on it.

The best YouTube was the original, with the 5 stars rating system. Whenever you searched for a video, you could tell whether it was worth clicking on by looking at the rating. If it was one star, you knew it was bullshit (like some bait and switch thumbnails), but if it had a high rating, you knew it was legitimate. Now you can't see the rating before you click on it.

Well there's always the like/dislike bar, but it's not as legitimate, because bias on the internet is so high.

I used to love reading the two top comments but now I don't even know what the top comments are. Or top-rated comments, should I say.

Yeah seeing the top comments was great :\.

Well it seems we can see top comments again but having to have a new tab with the video opened up to see replies is stupid. It'll give more views to videos I guess...

Oh and lolol at this, one of the guys who made YT criticised the new system

http://www.webpronews.com/did-youtubes-co-founder-slam-the-new-comment-system-2013-11

I can't see jack :censored: . It's really frustrating. They have to stop forcing Google on everything.

Google owns Youtube, it's only natural that they'll going to try and impliment some of Google, and their other properties onto their other sites. However, they do take it way too far, and this is proof of it.

Also, they have removed how many words you can use in the comments. In other words, there is no limit. People are posting entire book chapters in the comment section.

Hell, i just posted an entire TV manual in the comment section of a video just because it's possible. The entire thing is flawed.

This may be the best thing I've ever read.

Archived