UP2SP33D 2K14: THE REVENGE!!! (CAW Updates 4/15/14)

Thr33X

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

And so, here are some videos for the first crop of male CAWS I have completed. These guys are all available on CC right now for review and downloading for gameplay purposes and stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPspbO0EW3w

First off is the incomparable Jon Payne, whom reaches a milestone this year in that I've officially bestowed to him my "Legend" status that is also shared by the likes of Riot, Sarah Warfield and such...since I've consistently made him for several years and his backstory now warrants it. Payne in addition to being a wrestler in the XWA and a UFC Fighter (coming soon when the new UFC game drops) is now co-trainer and co-owner of the Skool Of Hardkore, the very gym in which he first learned the ropes under "The King". Payne has a more active role in the training aspect of things, and is already rearing a new crop of talent to the wrestling world, notably that of Krystian Fenix and Kevin Lassiter, but also this guy...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFKn4OHM_OI

He goes by the nickname of Wrath. Similarities between him and the persona portrayed by Bryan Clark are not coincidence. I His look, Ryback's and Rhyno's were all tapped into this collaborative work between me and my brother. He's the first student of the Skool of Hardkore Class of 2014, and every bit as intense and powerful as the guys he's based on. We have a running rivalry between him and my brother's Ethan Bain CAW as to who's lariat, Wrath's Decapitator or Bain's Western Lariat, is the most powerful.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4imo7iRkL8

Last for now is the also incomparable, super rockin', show stoppin', hard workin', knee jerkin' human highlight reel that is Syrus The Entertainer. I'll never stop making this guy, still as flashy and flamboyant as ever, still rockin' purple like nobody else can and still the most charismatic superstar on the XWA roster.

All of them are looking good, but FYI, it was Bryan Clark NOT Brian Adams who portrayed Wrath in WCWs Blood Runs Cold storyline.

He goes by the nickname of Wrath. Similarities between him and the persona portrayed by Bryan Adams are not coincidence.

I meant to type Clark but wrote Adams for some reason.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlO1NHizdEg

Next up on the list is Kevin Lassiter, who gets a complete face lift this game from his previous appearance. This is to facilitate his eventual heel turn, as he's grown fed up with being under the shadow of his tag partner Krystian Fenix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STYG1L8j7H8

Drake Manning returns after his rookie season looking not very different from last year aside from new graphics on his gear courtesy of Citylimitz22 (I've also used his logos on Lassiter above as well). Manning looks to build up on his successful rookie year by winning the first major event of the 2014 season, the Only The Strong tournament. He has to get through some serious veteran opposition though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9M8_UMbTZ_Y

Next is of course the reigning XWA World Champion, Orion. After months of ignoring the challenge of Riot for the title "The God King" was blindsided by him during a match. Infuriated by this action he has decided to "lower himself to Riot's level" and grant him a title shot, but in a match on his terms. Despite the notion that he'll surely stack the deck in his favor, the encounter between him and Riot is sure to be the most important in the XWA's history, not to mention his greatest challenge yet.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RmG2UlA76lU

And of course, "The King of Violence" himself Riot. #1 contender to the World Title and without question Orion's toughest challenger to date. Focused to the point of near obsession not only with the championship but ending the reign of Orion, his mission is to ensure that there is only one king in the XWA.

• 2 weeks later...

Just a little update for you all. I forgot who mentioned it as I can't find it in my PMs but it's to my understanding that people are having trouble DLing Kevin Lassiter and another CAW (I forgot which one). The reason being is that apparently there's a bug which defaults CAW that have BOTH downloaded movesets AND downloaded moves such as those in the Moves Pack DLC as finishers. Completely wipes them, and just simply editing on my end doesn't change it, the CAWS would have to be completely recreated from the ground up. As I have a lot work to do still, Lassiter will not be re-created until the very end, so apologies to anyone who might need him right away.

What this also means is that for safety purposes I'll be using all non-DLC moves for the rest of my CAWS for download, and any moves I swap that are DLC will just be for my own game. It also means that all movesets need to be made from scratch as well, which kinda makes the process longer, hence Lassiter's remake will be the last on my list to do.

That said, I'll have some more videos ready in a little while to show off some of the new stuff I've done so far. World's Finest is 80% done as of this writing.

I tried to get him, and that's what reminded me of a similar situation regarding Lassiter that I was made aware of by one of my PSN buddies. It's rare, and because of it being rare, nobody knows what to do about it. Eventually I'll report it to 2KGames if Hungrywolf doesn't.

The culprit from what I've found are a couple moves in the move-set pack. In my case, it was the Shoulder Switch Powerslam, which I was going to use as O'Dell's new finisher. I don't know what other moves cause the glitch, but I can say for sure that's one of them. And what sucks even more is even if you reset the CAWs moves to default after you initially create the move-set, the glitch remains imprinted on the CAW, which pretty much forces you to delete it and remake it. I've had to make O'Dell three times before I pinpointed the cause.

Oh, hey there! Here's a match for ya, lol. And by the way, Kevin Lassiter and Drake Manning are both reuploaded. There's also other goodies that are live now as well. I'll have more videos ready soon. Until then...enjoy!

Question who's the actual leader of Worlds Finest?

Victory Musashi, I think???

Correct. Musashi is the "general", but Brock Bentley is his "benefactor", that is...the guy who's funding the operation.

Now for an update. I will be getting for showcase videos done in the coming days, but I just wanted to get some more exhibition matches done first, so here's another one for you, featuring Drake Manning vs. a new look (sort of) for one of my favorite villains, Mr. Tyson Terra.

I will put together a Mediafire folder with the themes to my CAWS for everyone. Due to copyright, I have had to change up a lot of them, so I'm going with actual WWE Themes for the most part, and unsigned artists. As we speak I'm still in the porcess of finding new music for some CAWS, so stay tuned, when it's done I will be letting everyone know here.

And oh yeah...

Archived