Game freezes in story designer

joe368

Help. The game always freezes if I try to put CAWs in the "Invasion" animation. I really want to use it too. When I replace Hogan for a CAW the screen will freeze but I can't do anything & would have to eject the disc. When I replace savage for a CAW, the entire system freezes. Bundy & Flair work fine though but I didn't try Studd. & of course all the current superstars will work. The CAWs I am using are of some NXT divas I downloaded. Any workarounds you know of?

I am wondering if the freeze occurred because I am adding females to an action scene with males. In the past there would be a notice saying they won't allow that.

I tried a male CAW & it worked fine.

I then removed everybody & waited until everybody disappeared, then I chose a Bayley CAW in Hogan's spot & it still freezes.

Makes me mad. I had no problems using the Invasion animations for Divas in SVR2010. They must have tested this game with a potato.

Okay, it's not just the Invasion Animation but several I tried that will freeze the game if you select a Diva CAW in a particular role.

Once again proof that the people who are in charge of this game series' development don't give a single damn about this mode. It's a shame, considering how much potential story designer has. Maybe one day, they'd make it so that you could upload stories to YouTube without screen capture hardware.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a different twist on the same problem; all my CAWs are female, but only plugging certain ones into cutscenes causes my game to freeze. It only seems to apply to CAWs in certain positions on my list (i.e. #21, 24). Copying these CAWs to a different slot (i.e. #100) doesn't help. The first twenty, along with certain others, work fine.

It's froze for me for the last few years whenever I try to use threads in scenes. I find the mode slightly useless with the freezes, silly word censors and when you used DLC in WWE13 and uploaded it, all the DLC people turned into The Rock...

It's froze for me for the last few years whenever I try to use threads in scenes. I find the mode slightly useless with the freezes, silly word censors and when you used DLC in WWE13 and uploaded it, all the DLC people turned into The Rock...

I've pretty much accepted the fact that, for my YouTube videos, I'll have to use '13 for cutscenes and 2K14 for matches. Granted, that also means I'll either have to come up with CAWs of Kaitlyn and Aksana that look enough like the in-game models or just not use them at all.

So far nothing has freezed for me in Story Designer. I've also used some CAWs in scenes and Superstar Threads as well and the worst it happened was the Threads coming out wrong, with different colours etc. Which can be resolved by exiting and entering again most times.

In anycase, I haven't used that many CAWs overall in the scenes so will see if something else happens.

it has happen with all my caws i've even tried to delete all my diva CAWS and male but it still freezes when i pick DLC and i almost found a solution: make all the matches FIRST then save and then put scenes and it worked until i realised the only reason it was working because i never used CAWs for the scenes so i tried to put my CAW and it froze ...SOMEBODY PLEASE ASK 2K TO FIX THIS!!

Archived