Are you getting your money's worth??

Mr. Moyd

Due to me not being able to actually sit down and enjoy the game like I would hope (due to school and work, etc), I want to know how other people are feeling towards the game. From what I've played around with, it seems pretty cool, though I have yet to give it the exam I give my other games: did I get my money's worth.

That being with the quality of the game, does the game satisfy me, was it worth waiting or buying it immediately, etc? So, are you getting your money worth?:?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I spent £40 plus another £16 on a the DLC bundle. It's a lot of money. I brought GTA V £38 on release day and its the best game I've played since Arkham Asylum.

Is that a yes, no or maybe? The question is: Are you getting your money's worth?

Personally, I never get my money's worth with these games BUT I definitely enjoy playing them for a few weeks. Plus, as a hardcore wrestling fan and given that this is pretty much all we get as wrestling games on consoles nowadays, I keep buying them regardless as do most people on these boards, I'm sure.

Still, 30 years is a great mode and while I'm not sure it worth your money, I'm pretty sure it'll be worth your time once you get around to it.

I spent £40 plus another £16 on a the DLC bundle. It's a lot of money. I brought GTA V £38 on release day and its the best game I've played since Arkham Asylum.

Is that a yes, no or maybe? The question is: Are you getting your money's worth?

Personally, I never get my money's worth with these games BUT I definitely enjoy playing them for a few weeks. Plus, as a hardcore wrestling fan and given that this is pretty much all we get as wrestling games on consoles nowadays, I keep buying them regardless as do most people on these boards, I'm sure.

Still, 30 years is a great mode and while I'm not sure it worth your money, I'm pretty sure it'll be worth your time once you get around to it.

Think about it like this... You go to a cinema and it is $20 after your ticket and snacks, now if a average cinema lasts about 2 hours, you only need to go to 3 to spend $60. So if this game (another entertainment port) has kept you busy for WEEKS then you get your money's worth. The only games that dont are those that last only a few hours, IE homefront.

I have yet to buy WWE 14, as I no longer have a ps3. Regardless, I may have bought this game. Unfortunately though, I buy them to collect them cause ever since HCTP, I've lost a lot of interest in these games. I have every single Smackdown game since the beginning. I just feel like lately they feel like the same game and the wrestlers are given unrealistic move sets and I find move sets repetitive. Regardless, those who have the game. Enjoy! The games are expensive.

@abhunter: Good point. I have an obsessive personality though and spend most of that time setting up rosters, rivalries, tweaking stats, etc etc. I love Universe mode cause it feeds my sickness lol but yeah, you're right. If that does it for me, and keeps me busy, then definitely good point.

Due to me not being able to actually sit down and enjoy the game like I would hope (due to school and work, etc), I want to know how other people are feeling towards the game. From what I've played around with, it seems pretty cool, though I have yet to give it the exam I give my other games: did I get my money's worth.

That being with the quality of the game, does the game satisfy me, was it worth waiting or buying it immediately, etc? So, are you getting your money worth?:?

I know what you mean I got work school and then I go workout at the gym so I barely have time to play it but so far I like it

I'm concerned about this because I am not a fan of the current wrestling "era". What entices me to it is the classic wrestlers and customisation options to create a wrestling environment as I see fit. (Including a heel turn for Mr Cena)

I already know that the community can be counted on for a phenomenal quality of CAWs to fill in any gaps.

Yes. At least, I'm getting my money's worth more than the previous games. SvR 06 was the last time I had this much fun with a WWE game. Yes, there could be tons of improvements to the game and all, but it's still much better htan last year's. Other modes make it fun, though Universe Mode got boring much quicker than 13 did. I enjoyed 12's a lot more and barely got bored with it.

i can't say that i am i'f i'm being honest, love the idea of the 30 years of wrestlemania mode even though its half arsed its still a good we trip dowm memory lane, ai seems to be improved however glitches are still evident, was so hoping caa would be awesome instead they ruined it, caw still the same, this new creating heads could have potential down the road as long as they don't half arse it and universe still feels bad and that the cpu is over writing all my hard work that's the way i feel about that mode.

Yup, WM mode has been enjoyable and a little difficult at times. I'm stuck on the last match and this will be my 4th attempt haha, not to mention I lose during universe matches too so that's a nice change of pace. AI is clearly improved for the better, still not perfect but will it ever be? Lot's of nice little new additions, entrance threads, jukebox, rivalries, heads, I know there's many more. Sure there's been a few things taken away that really suck, 100 CAW slots is awesome but will be lame when there's only 4-6 entrances videos. That's probably my biggest complaint but it's not game breaking. WWE 13 had many gamebreaking things for me, I could hardly stand playing it, lasted 3 months and I was done for good. Also, in my opinion it's the greatest roster ever in my opinion so that's always a big plus. This game I know will be like WWE 12 and I will play it up until WWE 2K15 comes out next year. Loving Universe and for me that's where my meat and potatoes are.

So yes I I feel I got my $60 worth for sure.

Gameplay alone has me recommending is heavily at full price. I'm just playing 30YOWM mode and its unreal. Played some exhibition and it actually feels like a real match for the most part with the AI actually trying to do everything to win. They set up things off to the side, then use them later that match after you've forgotten about the item. Its great

Not really sure. I don't find the A.I. challenging at all, even on Legend. It's still too easy to dominate.. and it seems to me like the A.I. gets hurt a lot faster and a lot easier in this year's game. I dunno if it's just me because I haven't played WWE '13 since like.. Spring.. but it just seems easier to me overall. I'm also not over-satisfied with the fact that it's like blood is hardly there anymore. I've busted people open but before how it'd cover their face and chest? Now it barely covers their forehead and it won't spread anymore than that.. I haven't tried Universe yet, I've been sticking to 30 Years of WM for now. I've had some fun matches, I lost once and that was Taker/Kane at WM 15 because I took 2 Tombstones and couldn't kick out.. so that kinda sucked.

Archived