Oz70NYC

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, I rummaged through and there's now about 8 of my uploaded CAWs, some who I uploaded up to a month ago that are now glitched. Freakin' great. So that's going to sideline any new work of mine since I'm going to have to make all of said characters over again. So I'll be holding off my next update until that task is completed.

EDIT: I just logged into my brother's account to check on the DLC, and went on CC to see if my CAWs glitch on his account...and they don't. They show up perfectly fine. I really have no idea what causes this glitch, and why it seems to effect some people but not others. I made a thread on the official 2K forums addressing it, but more people need to start getting vocal about it as it's an under the radar, but essentially game breaking glitch.

Edit #2: Upon experimentation it is in fact completely random what CAWs get glitched. Two of my CAWs, Panthar and Michael Turner...have ZERO DLC on them, yet they're glitched on CC. Here's hoping they fix this before it's to late...

Edit #3: After painstakingly going through all of my latest uploads move-sets, I've removed all traces of the Move Set Pack from them. Apparently, DLC moves attached to DLC wrestlers don't cause the glitch, it's only the moves from the Move Set Pack. There are now DLC-less versions of the following characters:

Updated Dru Nedermeyer

Updated Jayson Jones

Troy Silver

Sean Trueth

Erik Hawke

Izanagi

Panthar

Gideon Dorn

Michael Turner

Rachel Roy

All have been checked and confirmed to be clean of any glitches. With that said, I've got the 4 mentioned CAWs from the last page uploaded as well. Previews to come soon.

Cena beating Webb isn't a glitch, it's a fluke. I simmed a match with Cannon vs. Taker and he beat the breaks off Taker's ass. But my slider settings are set up differently then most, that does play into it as well. I'll have new additions to this thread done soon. Need to find some entrance themes.

I've pretty much downloaded all your CAWs with DLC and they still work fine. :)

That's the weird part about what I'm now calling the "Default Glitch", and the reason I'm guessing it's gone relatively unnoticed...because it doesn't happen to everyone. Some people are able to DL CAWs with Move Set Pack moves perfectly fine while others get the default glitch. Makes no sense at all, but I can understand how a bug like this could be under the radar. To my knowledge at this point 2K does at least know of the glitch, but the verdict is out on if they'll do something about it.

Anywayz, to tide people over until my next update, which is shaping up to be a sizeable one, here's a quick exhibition match I simmed 2 days ago between the previously released EVO14 rookie Michael Turner and the yet to be released rookie Alix Rayne.

Ok, here it is. The latest update of characters. All of the following are available for DL.

Terry Ryan

Entrance Theme: Again By Earshot

http://youtu.be/SRFgwsm3oCc

Signatures: Death Valley Driver 2 (Standing Front)/Knee Smash (Grounded Side)

Finishers: Belly To Back Inverted Slam "Patriot Act" (Standing Front)/Beast Bite "American Vise" (Grounded Side)

Oz70_NYC_CAWS_Batch_5_Screen_Shot_2014_0

Bio - One of the best pure athletes in EVO Wrestling, Terry Ryan is among wrestling's elite. At 31 years old, he's in the prime of his career and has competed across the globe. Capable of adapting to any scenario in the ring, he's adept at just about every form of wrestling there is. From Catch-As-Catch-Can, to Shoot Wrestling, Strong Style and Lucha Libre, Ryan is comfortable against any opponent. Since returning to EVO in 2011 after spending 4 years wrestling in View Japan Pro Wrestling, he's amassed an impressive string of wins, and gone to war against the likes of Izanagi, Panthar and Infierno. The definition of professionalism, Ryan will accept any challenge and not back down an inch from it.

Notes - Terry Ryan is another of my older characters reborn. Originally I called him Terry Smith, and he was based off of the character Terry Rogers from the SNK game 3 COunt Bout. But I've long since adopted a more unique, but still patriotic look for him. In a nutshell he's my "All American Hero" character. And if anyone can see the resemblance (Like Punchy did last year) his facial morphs are based on that of Ryan Gosling (Another part of his name change, Terry Ryan.) Pretty much exactly what you'd expect in the ring from his look. Speed, agility. deceptive power and technique.

Brett Evans

Entrance Theme: "Radioactive" By Imagine Dragons

Signatures: Backbreaker & Leg Sweep "Winning Combination" (Standing Front)/Facebuster Knee Smash "B's Knee" (Standing Front, Irish Whip Rebound)

Finishers: Samoan Driver "Fire Thunder Driver" (Standing Front)/ Shooting Star Press "Super Star Press" (Dive Vs. Ground)

Bio - Brett Evans, the identical twin brother of "The Nightmare" Blake Evans, debuted back alongside his brother as a Tag Team called the "Natural Born Thrillers". The two enjoyed success in then Ultra Pro Wrestling before Brett suffered a gruesome pectoral injury in a motorcycle accident. This sidelined him indefinitely and forced Blake into singles competition. The rest as they say "is history". But while what became of Blake from that point is well known, Brett's path only recently came to knowledge. After rehabbing his injury, Brett opted to travel to Japan to continue his career. This eventually would bring him to VJPW, where he would rise in the ranks to become the company's #1 "Gaijin" wrestler. His career would parallel his brothers, just on the other side of the world. A 3 time VJPW World Champion in his own right, Brett decided after 7 long years, the time had come to return to the U.S. in 2012. And his arrival was met with great fanfare. Feuds against Panthar, Infierno, Seth Adams and others solidified his place as one of EVO's top tier wrestlers, but the question still remains of if he'll ever step in the ring and challenge his brother, especially given the new found power Blake has with the formation of the Villainy faction. Only time will tell.

Notes - Brett's one of my personal fave characters, because he's the polar opposite of his brother Blake. They're literally yin & yang. Everything that Blake is, Brett isn't, and vice versa. Somewhat flamboyant, but honorable and strong willed, Brett plays the role of the "hero with an edge". Connecting him to the VJPW promotion of my brother offered me a good platform to bridge the gap between his origin and what he is now. Though he and Blake are twins, they share ZERO similarities in how they wrestle. Brett is a strong style technician (obviously, he's spent a majority of his career in Japan) as opposed to Blake's more brutal brawling style.

Alix Rayne

Entrance Theme: "Atrophy & Decline" By Welcome Karen

Signatures: Air Raid Siren "Crash & Burn" (Standing Front)/Saving Grace "Falling Grace" (Standing Behind)

Finishers: Swinging Reverse STO "Rayne Supreme" (Standing Front)/Running Knee Lift "One Hit Kill/O.H.K." (Corner Vs. Ground)

Rayne_Nader_Screen_Shot_2014_01_13_02_07

Rayne_Nader_Screen_Shot_2014_01_13_02_08

Bio - If you were to try and describe Alix Rayne in one word, that would would be "Poisonous". The 24 year old infects everything he comes near with contempt, malice and discord. He's not here to make friends. In fact, the opposite is what he craves. The more enemies, the better. And with his relentless, ruthless approach to wrestling, that won't take long to happen. So impactful has his rookie run been that he was personally scouted by EVO World Champ Blake Evans to be part of his new stable. But even on his own, Alix Rayne is as dangerous as they come.

Notes - Believe it or not, Alix Rayne here WAS going to be a completely different styled character. Originally I was going for a hollywood blond badboy style character with lots of sequins and flashy crap. But I hated how he was coming out. So I blew up the idea and went the other direction, making him a brooding, menacing badass. Kinda glad I did. :D

Dominic Nader

Entrance Theme: "Back To Djent" By Concatenate

Signatures: Stalling Suplex (Standing Front)/Pumphandle Slam (Standing Front)

Finishers: Scoop Powerslam 1 "Pure Powerslam" (Standing Front, Irish Whip Rebound)/ Arm Wrench Clothesline "The BOOM" (Standing Front)

Rayne_Nader_Screen_Shot_2014_01_13_02_14

Bio - One of the most impressive, imposing physiques to come into wrestling in a long time Dominic "Dom" Nader is a force of nature. The 26 year old Leeds, England native body builder/power lifter was decided to try his hand at wrestling after meeting the man who has since become his mentor, Dru Nedermeyer. Poised to make an immediate impact in EVO, Dom Nader is a name that all will hear frequently as he raises in the ranks.

Notes - The new Batista body type inspired me to create a new powerhouse, and the name "Dom Nader" is one I've had rolling in my head for a couple years to use. He's pretty much an adaptation of Mason Ryan and Rob Terry, save for he's British and not Welsh, You pretty much no what you're getting with him in the ring. Unfiltered, raw power. His move set ain't fancy, but it's not supposed to be when you're as big as him.

Lauren Macleod

Entrance Theme: "Lonely" By Deep Spirit

http://youtu.be/PLYpae3ajFg

Signatures: Side Effect 1 (Standing Front,Irish Whip Rebound)/Headstand Leg Drop "Red Letter" (Grounded Upper)

Finishers: Neckbreaker 5 "Macleod Cutter" (Standing Front)/Edge-O-Matic "Mac Attack" (Standing Front, Irish Whip Rebound)

Bio - One of EVO's toughest female competitors, Lauren Macleod isn't afraid of a fight. Having spent time early in her career training at the Winsor Wrestling Academy alongside long time friend Crystal Bayless, she's one of Ireland's best and brightest wrestling prodigies. Her fearless, full throttle approach to wrestling is a joy for her fans, and a nightmare for her opponents. With pivotal wins in recent months against some of EVO's elite female competitors, she's solidified herself as one of the company's top draw female wrestlers.

Notes - Lauren has come a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong way. About the only thing that's the same from the original version of her, then named Lauren Mack...made in 2005...is her face morphs. And even that's different to an extent since the old PS2 values didn't translate to PS3 well. So for for 5 years...her formula has collected dust. Why? I have no idea. Just wasn't inspired to remake her again. I did repackage her in 2008 as Lauren Macnamara...but again, the CAW was kinda ho-hum and forgettable. So this year, I decided a complete redesign of her. Full on Irish redhead with freckles. And the end result suffice to say...I like. Chances are in future version I'll tone down the freckles, as they do seem a bit much, but for a full redesign I like what I came up with. As can be expected, he move set is Euro-based, so expect lots of holds, suplexes and stiff strikes.

GEEZ that's a lotta typing. Ok, update is finally over. Next on the docket for me are the Luchadores, Espiritu, Avispa Ultimo, Infierno, Fantastica and a couple new jacks...and jills. ;-)

After reading through the steps listed, I have an answer for you JP...probably not anytime soon. Not because it's difficult, but because I'm lazy...lol. Seriously, the steps to import on PS3 is just to much for my tastes, and after last year...I came to the realization that imported images aren't very important to me as I though. Perhaps once I've completed all the CAWs I plan on making I'll revise a few with imported image updates, but that's probably not gonna happen until at least late summer, early fall.

Archived