Oz70NYC

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

These are really inspiring.

These are really inspiring.

What he said. I don't even think you need to redo anyone with imported images this year. That's how quality your original builds are.

Thanks, fellas. :D I've actually been contemplating that very idea. That's kinda' why I'm putting such pain staking detail into my work, so that they're good enough to not necessarily need to be re-tooled with imported images. That and the fact that chances are this will be the last version of the game I buy on the PS3, so these builds are going to be the definitive builds for the characters until the PS4 version rolls out.

Now all we need is Gideon Dorn. ;)

He'll be coming soon, along with the character I mentioned Persephone...who I actually put a prototype together of in 13, but never released because it made more sense to wait for 2K14. That's down the road though, next on the drawing board is the EVO Women's Division, and the elder stateswomen thereof Heather Fierhart, Synergi, Crystal Bayless and Nicole Roland.

First time I have posted in one of your threads, but I just wanted to say I am a huge fan of your work. The CAW's are great, but I absolutely love the history behind all the people you make.

Thanks for the inspired sentiments. :D Though technically my brother Thr33x is "the longest tenured original CAW maker on CAWs.ws", that's only because when we 1st joined I didn't have a PC of my own. That being said, I've been making CAWs for the better part of 16 years dating back to WWF Warzone and WCW/NWO Revenge...where most of my older characters like Dru & Simon were originally created. As result, a majority of my characters have rich and rather detailed histories that truth be told I could probably start another thread on altogether. (Don't worry, mods...I won't.)

As the years progressed, I obviously came up with newer characters, and aged my older ones. Like Dru for example, who when originally created as Dru Romeo was 21, and as of 2014 is 37. And then there's Simon, who when originally made in 1998 as "Kayos" was 34 now in 2014 is 50. So those two specifically have the deepest character development as they're the two among the "Elders" of my characters I've made consistently for the last 16 years. (Dayum...) There are others in that group who I've made off and on over the years, like Aleksandar Kalenovic, who was re-made for the 1st time since 2007 last year. Then there are characters I haven't made in a LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG time, like a character I have named Kareem "Mr. Showtime" Brown...who WILL be making a comeback this year thanks to having 100 slots to work with. In fact, I'll most likely be resurrecting my entire original cast of characters from 1998 this year...which will be the 1st time a lot of them will be seen since the PS2 era. Should be fun.

SPEAKING OF fun, my 1st 4 females for 2014 are nearly complete. All that remains is giving Crystal a move-set and making Nicole Roland. Should be done by later today since I've got time to kill these days...(for now anyway).

You should bring back The Damned. :)

In bits and pieces. There's a plan that'll slowly unravel within EVO, PWN and potentially POW. ;-)

DL'd Primo Valiante.....but I need the mp3 for his entrance theme! Can not find it anywhere!! help??? Thx in advanced!

Check your PM box. :D

There's SO much to like this year.

Last year I complained about not being too happy about the tattoo's on Dru, but I absolutely love the way they've come together this year. They're perfectly colored and natural looking. Simon's body morphing is fantastic as always. Love the presence that guy has. Also, the way Primo's hair is framed around those Wolverine esque sideburns gives him a more vicious look...something that's talked about in his bio. It's a great case of a character's visuals telling us more about who they should be.

As far as the tattoo shading goes, I noticed that they did in fact change the way all logos appear on the CAW model's skin. They kind of blend into the texture of the skin, making them look more real IF you have the shading down. The shading mask trick is not applied to anyone aside from Blake, because I had no idea of the marginal improvement in the shading before I made him, and I'm to lazy to edit it. (That and the fact that he's been downloaded over 200 times...which means no one else really cares...lol.) For everyone else there is ZERO shader masks on them, that's 100% PT and regular color shading on the non-PT tattoos.

As far as my next update, I got sidetracked by RL business yesterday, so I'm going to try and get Nicole done today. Also, just for kicks...I decided to make one of the PWN characters I've let a friend use for years now on my personal profile. Which one? Well...for those who frequent the PWN forum and have followed for a while...we'll just say he's always a "Big Ticket" draw. ;-)

Every year you make me kick myself in the ass for not being a PS3 loyalist. I mean, I do have both systems, but with no rental stores within a 2 hour drive, I'm left to buy for 360, and prey that someone converts from PS3 to 360 for me/others. I'd literally kill to be able to reunite Evan & Sylas, and keep Sylas' look in check with his for unity purposes. Not to mention blending our two rosters of caws together into one giant universe, would be the perfect world.

SOMEONE GET THE MAN A COPY OF THE PS3 VERSION!!! :P While I can't do formulas for my PT designs, I MIGHT (key word: Might) do video formulas down the road. Of course they'll be set to private and only people I approve will be able to access them, but that would be after all of my personal CAWs as well as the PWN roster is complete, which isn't gonna be for a few months.

Speaking of CAWs...here's 5 females. Yes...5. Ended up creating another one, a classic character I haven't made in 7 years.

"The Fierbird" Heather Fierhart

Entrance Theme: "Turn It Up" By Bomfunk MCs Feat. Anna Nordell

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2WChsYD3FU

Signatures: Spinebuster 8 (Standing Front, Irish Whip Rebound)/ Lita DDT "HDT" (Standing Front)

Finishers: Powerbomb 4 "Blonde Bomb/ Fierbomb" (Standing Front)/ 450 Splash "Firebird Splash" (Dive Vs. Grounded)

WWE2k14_EVO_Women_Batch_1_2013_11_15_03_

If Jayson Jones is EVO's most decorated male competitor, Heather Fierhart is the most decorated female. Sharing the same distinction as Jay-J, she has held championship gold in every company she's worked for, at one point holding the LXW, APW and UPW Women's titles at the same time. In the pantheon of women's wrestling elite, she's among the top tier of the group. In the last year, she's honed more of her power to compliment her technical skills. She also works as the head female trainer at her husband Dru Nedermeyer's Monster's Den Combat Sports, where she's passed her knowledge on to a number of fresh female talent. Now fully focused on getting back into competition, her sights are set on a new championship...the EVO Women's Title.

Probably the biggest change in design for Heather since I did away with the "Eye Candy" look in the early 2000s. Her attire concept is completely based on that of my fave WWE Diva Natalya. I also added a little muscle mass to her, as she's always been on of my strongest female characters, but never really looked it.

Synergi

Entrance Theme: "Noose & Nail" By Otep

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0l7aI9_IrI

Signatures: Double Arm DDT 2 "Butterfly Effect" (Standing Front)/ Neckbreaker 4 "Rock & Rolla" (Standing Front)

Finishers: Headlock Driver "Syndrome" (Standing Front)/Spear 5 (Corner Vs. Grounded)

The wife of Evan Slade and one of the fiercest, toughest competitors in EVO, male or female. Synergi (Raven Weinstein-Slade) was raised in the industry, being the daughter of "Precious" Roy Weinstein, former GM of LXW and long time manager/friend of Vincent Fate. It was no doubt she'd become a wrestler growing up, and no doubt her and Evan, who've known each other literally since birth, would be soulmates. Synergi took 3 years off from wrestling between 05-08 to give birth to and raise her and Evan's twin girls Eve and Elle. With the girls now 6 years old, Synergi made her return to the ring in 2012 in grand fashion, defeating the at the time EVO Women's Champion Dominique Lee in a stunning upset. She'd fail to defeat Dominique in the title match that was earned as result, but it was clear in the years she'd stepped away she hadn't lost a beat. She also signed to compete in the Women's Wrestling Association (WWA) where she's enjoyed a great deal of success. In mid 2013, she was attacked by a mysterious woman named Persephone, who was revealed to be connected to Evan's primary rival Gideon Dorn. She joins Evan and Simon Fierhart in fighting off the madness that is Dorn, as well as the looming darkness he claims is coming.

Pretty much unchanged from last year's version...because it was the best version of her I've made yet. Different designs as far as PTs for the kickpads, tights and top, but the same overall layout as last years attire. I also went with the long emo styled hair to simulate her letting her hair grow back long.

Crystal Bayless

Entrance Theme: Absurd (Whitewash Edit) By Fluke

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G-ZxdAEqYwE

Signatures: Codebreaker "Facebreaker" (Standing Front, Running)/Half Nelson Suplex 1 (Standing Behind)

Finishers: Soda Twist "Crystal Twist" (Standing Front)/Hammer & Chin Lock "Torture Device" (Grounded Side)

The former EVO Women's Champion, and one of the best technical wrestling women in the world, Crystal Bayless is a product to the Windsor Wrestling Academy founded, owned and operated by Sir Alex Windsor, one of England's greatest wrestling champions. Much like her mentor, Crystal is a consummate professional in and out of the ring. A strong sense of justice and the will of a champion drives her forward to compete at the highest level possible. However, she failed on two occasions to regain the title after her defeat at the hands of Dominique. She's since put all of her focus in become more balanced a competitor, relying less on defense, which has always been her M.O., and being more proactive and aggressive in her matches.

Not much of a change from last year's attire outside of showing off a little more skin. Facially I completely re-worked the morphs, using actress Elizabeth Hurley as the base.

Nicole Roland

Entrance Theme: "Fragments Of Thought" By Infynite Music

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwOmIFusWK4

Signatures: Jumping Clothesline 1 "Smack-A-B!tch" (Running, Irish Whip Rebound)/Running Big Boot "Kick-A-B!tch" (Grounded Side)

Finishers: Death Valley Driver 1 "Big Sista Gorgeous Slam" (Standing Front, Irish Whip Rebound)/Striking Spear "Done Dirty" (Running, Irish Whip Rebound)

"Big Sista Gorgeous One" is one of the most imposing, intimidating women in EVO. Her loud, brash, "ratchet" demeanor doesn't make her many friends. And frankly, that's how she likes it. Long time rival of Heather, and one time love interest of Ryan Fierhart, Nicole is one of EVO's strongest females. A former Women's champion, she's recently taken Eve Williams under her wing forming a team call "Hot 2 Def", winning the newly minted EVO Women's Tag Team titles as result. But even alone, she's a fearsome foe for any female, and has had a history of even getting physical with the men of EVO. She often times also joins Blake Evans in mixed tag team matches, though it can not be confirmed if the two have anything other then a professional relationship going.

This year, I took cues in her attire from Sojouner Bolt. Aside from that, not much has changed in the way of concept, gimmick and moves.

"The Villainess" Lola Valenetta

Entrance Theme: "Heroin (e)" By Rave The Reqviem

http://youtu.be/Hh53b4kYrzc

Signatures: Calf Kick "Whiplash" (Running Irish Whip Rebound)/Spinebuster 10 (Irish Whip Rebound, Standing Front)

Finishers: Spike Piledriver "Viledriver" (Standing Front)/Running Knee Lift "Headshot" (Corner Vs. Grounded)

I TOLD you I'd be digging up some classics, and Lola here is the 1st. A CAW I created back in 2006 on PS2, this is the 1st time I've made her since then. Based pretty much on the character Lola from Transporter 2 played by model/actress Kate Nauta, there's no story behind her yet because well...I never actually came up with one for her. But she's going to be a mainstay on my roster for years to come, because I'm missing that female "Blake Evans" character that she can EASILY fill the role of. Expect to see Ms. Valenetta showing up a lot in say...a couple fictional promotions I know of. *wink wink*

All five are available for download now. Oz70NYC and EVO14 are the tags. RATE 'EM DAMMIT. :P Next on the docket, a couple characters I initially created, but other people gave life to by way of E-feds...Ethan Bain and the one and only Scott EPIC.

Much oblige, gentlemen. :D

As promised, here's the latest two releases. A pair of special characters on account that they're actually characters that have been made "famous" by other people. You'd have to be familiar with the E-Wrestling scene to really understand the significance, but I'll elaborate down below.

Ethan Bain

Entrance Theme: "Unbroken Circle" By 40 Oz. Failure

http://myfreemp3.eu/music/40oz.+Failure+-+Unbroken+Circle (The Studio Version)

Signatures: Chokeslam 9 (Standing Front)/Spin Headlock Elbow Drop "Tornado Alley" (Standing Behind)

Finishers: Gunnslinger "Body Count" (Standing Front)/Clothesline From Hell "Western Lariat" (Running, Irish Whip Rebound)

In the realm of giants that is professional wrestling, Ethan Bain stands tallest among them. Standing 7'0" and weighing 338lbs, The Houston native is one of the most physically imposing, intimidating figures in the industry. A man of few words, but bold actions...his catch phrase "Shut Up & Fight" is a battle cry that sends chills down the spine of any man who faces him. Bain in the ring is a freight train with the breaks disabled. A figurative and literal juggernaut. When he gets going, there's virtually no stopping him. Still young and only in the beginning of his prime, he's competed in XWA, where he was a two time World Champion, and is currently employed by PWN. At the behest of his mentor Simon Fierhart, he now competes in EVO as well, so Simon can better keep an eye on his progress. Already a force to be reckoned with, Simon looks to make him a smarter competitor to compliment the raw, unbridled power he wields.

I originally made Bain in 2006 for a friend and member of my forum to use in an older, now defunct E-Fed VWE. (Where many of us actually 1st met.) But he didn't like the feel and atmosphere of the place, so he ended up using Bain in XWA. The rest as they say, is history. Bain was easily one of the most dynamic characters the original XWA had, in that he was simple. Nothing complex about the man, he just wanted to scrap. No ego. No agenda. If you pissed him off, he kicked your ass. Simple. Since 2006, the character's evolved as he's aged obviously, but the core characteristics of Bain remains the same. His look over the years pretty much hasn't changed, I've just gradually added more ink, which culminates with this year's look mixing elements of his original tats with the Undertaker tats. Aside from that, he is what he is, a full force, punishing bruiser.

Scott EPIC

Entrance Theme: "Won't Back Down" By Eminem Feat. Pink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qt0CtK-58t0

Signatures: Running Leg Drop 5 "EPIC Leg Drop" (Grounded Upper)/Codebreaker 1

Finishers: Avada Kadavra "EPIC Finish" (Corner Vs. Grounded)/Finisherman Driver "EPIC Win" (Standing Front)

WWE2k14_faces_2013_11_18_11_14_16.png

WWE2k14_faces_2013_11_18_11_14_21.png

WWE2k14_faces_2013_11_18_11_14_26.png

WWE2k14_faces_2013_11_18_11_14_30.png

WWE2k14_faces_2013_11_18_11_14_37.png

WWE2k14_faces_2013_11_18_11_14_42.png

The prodigal son of Dru Nedermeyer and the pride of St. Louis, MS., Scott EPIC is one of the most popular young talents in wrestling. The most successful talent to come out of The Monster's Den to date, EPIC has a cult following on the internet, and is known for his brash, biting and sometimes controversial views on pretty much anything. What certainly can't be denied is that the 26 year old is destined to become a legend in the industry. Already in his now 5 year career, he's won countless accolades and has racked up a number of wins against established legends. The highlight of his career so far is taking the at the time PWN World Champ Scott O'Dell to the limit. Though he didn't win the match, he earned the respect of the fans, fellow wrestlers and in the industry as a whole being able to go blow for blow with arguably the best pound for pound wrestler on the planet. There's no doubt in anyone's mind that Scott EPIC will be a World Champion, and probably one of the most successful ones ever.

Mr. Scott Danbury, aka Scott EPIC was originally created in Fire Pro Wrestling Returns as a roster filler for what I then called Ultra Pro Wrestling (now Evolution Wrestling). The following year, I decided to convert some of the better creations I made in FPR to then SVR09. Scott was one of them, and I really liked the way he looked...which mind you is NOTHING how he looks now. When I decided on a persona for him, I initially went with the The Miz/Chris Jericho type smug heel, but then I thought..."hey, how about I make him a Gamer?" Present day Scott EPIC was born...A hardcore gamer, who happens to be a skilled and talented wrestler for his day job.

But I didn't want to portray him in an E-Fed. I was interested in seeing what someone else could do with a character of mine. In came my old friend Johnny Pyro, who wanted to get back into roleplaying...but not with a character of his own. It was a match made in heaven, as Pyro is EXACTLY the kind of writer needed to bring the best (and worst) out of the EPIC persona. And that's exactly what he did. So well that I actually gave him the character. I created Scott, but Pyro gave him an identity. Of course Pyro's now over on the 360, but a PS3 version of Scott is needed for PWN, and that's what you see above. His look is pretty much an adaptation of last year's look, which I though was perfect as it was. A take off of CM Punk & Jericho in it's influence. It's not flashy or overdone, and fits the indy vibe Scott's always had. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Both are available for DL. You know the tags by now. :P

More females on the drawing board right now. "American Muscle" Dannielle Gooden, one of my new faves of the class of 2013 Brittany Nitro, "The Anti Diva" Holly Woodz, 2 retro females given life once again, "Pretty" Paige Phillips, April Azianni and my grand unveiling of Persephone.

@Pyro

It's a stiff superkick to a kneeling opponent like del rio does, just less dramatic preselling by the kicker

@Oz

Just added the exact same look as Slade on Sylas to match in anticipation of getting my hands on a formula :)

Archived