Rest In Peace (Defeating The Streak)

CarDaddyPlease

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I beat Undertaker in the "Defeat The Streak" mode with current day Rock. I found that if you use the sledgehammer and you keep spamming the running sledgehammer attack, he is pretty easy to beat.

Did I mention that I did this on my very first try of this mode?

I don't want a cheap win lol

I do. If the computer is going to act cheap it deserves it.

Beat him with Diesel. So notoriously hard, man. Had to go outside so he'd have to do more work to pin me. Used weapons and two or three finishers to get him in red. Then I locked in a submission outside so he'd use up his resiliency and then slapped on a submission in the ring and won. With Kane, it's easier to reverse, but I'm sure it won't be as easy to beat Taker.

holy shit, reversal fest between me (Kane retro) and Taker retro, with Taker doing better.

Having the lights go out during the match is a bit cheap when honestly did Taker do this during a match. He may have done it during someone elses match but not his.

To be fair, it's supposed to be cheap. Just like main bosses on most fighting games, who can be the cheapest motherf*ckers you'll ever encounter.

Has there been any cheap bosses in games? They were mostly easy to beat.

:offtopic:

In fighting games? I find that just about every fighting game I have ever played had a difficult final boss, which can be quite frustrating, but also fun.

I just beat it with Diesel, but it sure as hell wasn't a walk in the park. I didn't spam running moves like most people do. It was a back and forth action, with Taker kicking out of two Jacknife powerbombs, finally putting him away after the third on the steel steps.

Spamming running moves doesn't work, he reverses them almost every time. The only way it works is if he steals a weapon from you. Then you can do a running strike every time to disarm and down him.

As for dealing with the lights out, RUN AWAY! When it happens, run, get out of the ring.

I managed to beat him with Randy Savage. It took a few tries, but I eventually got him. I found that keeping him on the outside works best. You don't seem to get as many tricks out there, and Taker can't pin you with a tombstone. He has to pick you up, and you've got a good chance at countering his attempt to grab you while you're in the groggy state. I took quite a few tombstones on the floor, but I'd never let him get me in the ring. It also helps to just unload on him with weapons when given the chance.

Sadly, I pinned him with Macho's special scoop slam onto the steps. I had two finishers stored, but I didn't want to risk getting the elbow countered, much as I wanted to hit it.

I enjoyed trying to beat him with Savage quite a bit. On top of being quite aggressive and a countering machine, Streak Taker can be absolutely ludicrously cheap. In the match just before my win over him, I hit the elbow on him twice in a row, and when going for the pin, he did the lights, tombstoned, and pinned me. I'd suspect that going after him with someone like Goldberg, who has a pinning option with his finisher, would be a much easier route. I'm not sure what else Taker has up his sleeve, but I'd usually fall victim to one of his evil tactics when trying to pin him following a finisher. I haven't tried it, but I'd bet he'd be susceptible to the jackhammer.

Beat him with Batista on my 1st try by abusing the running sledgehammer strike. I find it easier to fight Retro Taker because he doesn't have devastating moves as his sigs and can't reverse into a Hell's Gate. I beat him with HBK on like my 3rd try. I was being stupid on the first 2 tries by using the Elbow drop sig when I should've been using the Sharpshooter. Those catch Tombstone's were getting out of hand lol

Archived