Rest In Peace (Defeating The Streak)

CarDaddyPlease

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I broke the streak with WM19 Jericho. Took me so many attempts. I ended up taking him down, grabbing the ring bell and hitting him over and over again. I kicked out of his finishers and hit him with the bell again for the win.

Yup that's what I did, except with a sledgehammer then made him tap out with Batista and Kane

Having the lights go out during the match is a bit cheap when honestly did Taker do this during a match. He may have done it during someone elses match but not his.

It was about making it hard, so they gave him that as a last ditch thing to throw you off and try and put you away for good. I think it was brilliant because if you don't beat him before he does it, you lose usually.

Unless fans just get pissed off with it and refuse to play the mode after it. I guess defend the streak is easier.

Having the lights go out during the match is a bit cheap when honestly did Taker do this during a match. He may have done it during someone elses match but not his.

To be fair, it's supposed to be cheap. Just like main bosses on most fighting games, who can be the cheapest motherf*ckers you'll ever encounter.

To be fair, it's supposed to be cheap. Just like main bosses on most fighting games, who can be the cheapest motherf*ckers you'll ever encounter.

Has there been any cheap bosses in games? They were mostly easy to beat.

Can we put unlimited finishers on, i just want to know cause i don't have the game yet and i think that would make it easy as hell if we had unlimited finishers

No,you start with 0 finishers & you can't use custom superstars against him(only in game wrestlers)

That's not true, you can use CAWs in that mode.

Can we put unlimited finishers on, i just want to know cause i don't have the game yet and i think that would make it easy as hell if we had unlimited finishers

No,you start with 0 finishers & you can't use custom superstars against him(only in game wrestlers)

That's not true, you can use CAWs in that mode.

Has anyone tried lowering Takers overall to a low number?

how on earth am i or anyone for that matter suppose to beat the undertaker with bundy or diesel? taker reverses everything you do and takes little to no damage at all... if i was to regret paying for this its because of this bull... love how the moronic developers create something that is unbeatable with the wrestlers available... and why should i waste 20 bucks to unlock everything either... nothing but a huge money grab...

how on earth am i or anyone for that matter suppose to beat the undertaker with bundy or diesel? taker reverses everything you do and takes little to no damage at all... if i was to regret paying for this its because of this bull... love how the moronic developers create something that is unbeatable with the wrestlers available... and why should i waste 20 bucks to unlock everything either... nothing but a huge money grab...

Wrong! You only need $2 to unlock everything. You can get all the DLC for $20.

Still haven't beaten it. Tried with Cody Rhodes, Damien Sandow, Daniel Bryan, Del Rio, Ryback, and Wade Barrett. No luck yet. I got real close with Ryback and Barrett. He kicked out of 2 Shellshocks and won with a Hell's Gate out of nowhere. For Barrett, he kicked out of 5 Bullhammers. I couldn't believe it.

4 Wins so far.

Diesel (Wm12), Kane(Current), Batista (Wm23), & HBK (Wm26)

Won my first shot with Diesel thinking it isn't that difficult. He never did a hellsgate from the ground or the lights going out. Sure enough I try with Retro Kane and I just CAN not beat him. I was faving retro Taker so he had the ground Chokeslam instead of hellsgate. I would get him RED before I was tellow but he went into super boss mode and refused to let me win. Tried a few times with Heel Batista before finally going back to Kane but MODERN kane. I then found out ONE really good thing.

Old School Taker can reverse Pickups & Pin attempts into a Finisher Chokeslam but he can't reverse a Finisher into a Chokeslam or Strikes while he is laying down.

MODERN Kane has a Submission Signature. After I got him to use his resiliency I made him tap out the 2nd application. Batista has the Batista BITE as his 2nd Finisher, sure enough I made him tap to that as well. Much easier than going for a pin attempt that will most likely be reversed into a chokeslam.

Modern HBK was more difficult to do it with being so weak but after a match of trial and error and almost pulling it off I took down the deadman with HBK in sweet fasion. I had already kicked out of 2 tombstones when i reversed one into a Tombstone of my own and pinned him for a 2 count. He got up ... BAM, Sweet chin music. I taunted a few times and he sat up ran at me. I reversed and got my SIG. Sharpshooter ... TAP OUT !!

I was ranked 136 earlier today I was either in the 60 or 70 Thousands.

Wrong! You only need $2 to unlock everything. You can get all the DLC for $20.

2 bucks? ok, then i must have read it wrong when i looked under DLC content

lol mad because there's an actual hard game mode. Its Taker at mania, no one has beaten him, so obviously its going to be ridiculously impossible to do. People cry for good AI, but if it was like this in universe mode people would have the same complaints

Well Orton was supposed to till Taker nixed the idea.

If Warrior had been around and not left in 1991 wouldnt of suprised me if he had beaten Taker at Mania in 1992 because back then they didnt really think about doing a streak for him.

OK, I have my technique down pretty good.

I'm going through the 10 men you have to use to unlock all the photos (for the trophy) Final performances:

King Kong Bundy - Win by Submission after 5 tries (Also got my kick out of 5 pins trophy in this match)

Diesel - Win by submission after 2nd try

Kane - Win by pinfall on first try (Scored over 65 grand here, my best)

HHH - Win by pinfall after 8 tries

Big Show - Win by pinfall on first try

Orton - Win by pinfall on first try

Batista - Win by pinfall on second try

Edge - Win by pinfall on 3rd try

HBK - Win by pinfall on 4th try (ugh, this one was brutal)

CM Punk - Win by submission on 1st try

Stay out of the ring as much as you can, weapons come in handy. If Taker steals a weapon from you, it's OK, just do a running strike and you'll disarm him. If you have a submission finisher, you don't have to worry as much, just get him in the red, get past the resiliency the first time, and put it on again. Big guys fare better than smaller ones.

For HBK, sweet chin music just isn't enough. I hit Taker 10 times in one match, and he still kicked out. Gotta get him red in multiple parts, which isn't easy with HBK considering how much Taker counters. Finally got him by having two finishers stored. Hit one SCM, then he locked me in Hell's Gate. Luckily I had resiliency and used it, then hit the second finisher and he was finally done.

Still need my 50 wins in defend the streak.

I just tried with Dean Ambrose, thinking I was going to get an easy win cause I always underestimate the AI. Boy was I wrong. Just got my ass kicked.

I too attempted with Ambrose. It actually isn't that bad if you just stay outside of the ring and wear him down. Pinning him I've noticed is almost pointless though thankfully Dean has a submission signature after wearing Taker down for about 40 minutes I used his sig submission and bam Taker tapped out. Trying it again with Diesel so I can unlock classic Taker.

Archived