Who to ask textures & renders for CAW's?

EstebanThe17

I plan to create a few CAW's this year myself, and I'd really like to make them even more detailed by using face textures & renders for the match-up screen..,

problem is

a) I'm too bad at photoshop

b) I have no idea how its done (or if its even gonna work on 2k14)

So if I create say Matt Hardy, I guess I would put the CAW file on my USB-flashdrive and upload it here or something? So some1 who actually has the skills to do it might be interested in adding the face textures and render?

Though I'm not quite sure if the face textures are added on a Computer - still hope you know what I mean.

So is there anyone doing this kinda stuff over here?

Would be glad if someone could help me out :)

First off, depends what you're using (PS3 or Xbox).

Secondly, with an Xbox, you need a JTAG, unfortunately. I'm so pissed about it because i'm pretty good on PS, but have no idea how to get my console JTAG'd. Such a shame. It's the one thing I want to do lol

Secondly, with an Xbox, you need a JTAG, unfortunately. I'm so pissed about it because i'm pretty good on PS, but have no idea how to get my console JTAG'd. Such a shame. It's the one thing I want to do lol

Last time I was curious about the same, I looked it up on Google and some stuff came up, but that was many moons ago. Just go through 'til you find something that looks legit. Thinking of doing the same, as I have two 360's and am kind of tired of relying on other people to maybe, at some point, getting me some stuff I need, when the Pt "fixing" deal actually only takes mere minutes of one's time. lol

What pissed me off was they changed something in the game that stopped you doing it on Retail consoles in 2011.

So why could I download a CAW with face textures on WWE'13 on my 360 then? Mine hasnt this JTAG thing.

And do you think 2k will ban all those modded caws and stuff this year?

So why could I download a CAW with face textures on WWE'13 on my 360 then? Mine hasnt this JTAG thing.

And do you think 2k will ban all those modded caws and stuff this year?

2K won't give a shit as long as things like textures and modded movesets are not being used for wrong, and if they are, just report the person through the game, avoid them, and let the situation get handled however it gets handled. The douche with the "gangster", hacked out-moveset caw pissing everyone off online might get reprimanded, but never the really great textured Hogan or what have you. They can be much more laid back about our level of customization in these games than any other game.

I challenge/request the best and brightest in the Caw world to show them what we're made of and encourage them to give us more and more to aid them in making these games that much more fun for consumers. I don't think 2K fully has a grasp on how incredible a force the caw community can be when nonstop great work is being put out for people to download and enjoy....and, more or less, how much help they're getting in return for what they put out for us..

I see where ur coming from - still wondering why I won't be able to extract the CAW files to a USB drive though? Or what exactly does that JTAG thing do?

For me, the only real purpose it would serve is..

..when you use the PT injector, you need a jtagged console to inject the file into. You save the file on that console, and voila. Put it back on your computer and anyone who rehashes and resigns the file with their own profile ID numbers on Modio will be able to use the file and inject it into their own Paint Tool logo slots.

None of it can happen without getting someone to save your file on their jtagged console and hand it right back to you. The process only really takes like 5 minutes or so, but sometimes you find yourself waiting days before MAYBE you hear back from someone. lol

It's useful in the way of hacking/modding or whatever, but it disallows you from certain things, and I can't tell you what they are, as I don't own a jtagged 360 at this point in time.

I see where ur coming from - still wondering why I won't be able to extract the CAW files to a USB drive though? Or what exactly does that JTAG thing do?

You need the JTAG to put that stuff in to the game, not to download one someone else has already made.

Cheers for the answers :)

2K won't give a shit as long as things like textures and modded movesets are not being used for wrong, and if they are, just report the person through the game, avoid them, and let the situation get handled however it gets handled. The douche with the "gangster", hacked out-moveset caw pissing everyone off online might get reprimanded, but never the really great textured Hogan or what have you. They can be much more laid back about our level of customization in these games than any other game.

I challenge/request the best and brightest in the Caw world to show them what we're made of and encourage them to give us more and more to aid them in making these games that much more fun for consumers. I don't think 2K fully has a grasp on how incredible a force the caw community can be when nonstop great work is being put out for people to download and enjoy....and, more or less, how much help they're getting in return for what they put out for us..

Another thing about that - even if they won't remove face textured CAW's, do you think we will be able to download CAW's with renders?

And are there again going to be some CAW's only available with the Season Pass? Any information about that?

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived