"WWE 2K14" highlights: Hulk Hogan

iamthedoctor

Anyone get the feeling Hogan only rips his shirt in cutscenes?

Yup. I think they're Mania mode 'exclusives' and that the red and yellow Hogans will have the legend entrance that was in last years pre-sets and Hollywood will either have that or a different one that also has no shirt ripping.

I could never be bothered to share my reasoning previously but I will now...I'm an animator. When a scene is too complex to run live smoothly, you do what is referred to as 'baking' it. Basically pre-rendering it so that it's a chunk of video rather than a live rendering. There's no room for variables with a baked scene (different opponents at ringside, different arenas, titles etc)...it is what it was when you 'baked' it. You can do that when you know that Hogan will come out at Mania X8 and nothing will ever be different. With matches we put together, it would have to be live rendering so that whatever variables we pick for the setting of the match is in place. I don't think they can manage a live rendering of the shirt being ripped and dropped.

I respect what you're saying and I do agree, I know what you're talking about, but Yukes managed to pull it off nearly some ten years ago, so I think it's possible, but yeah, whether it's in or not is a different thing altogether.

It might be more a case of it being easier to bake the animation rather than they couldn't make it work.

We've seen Hogan in 14 come out to the old entrance and then in Mania mode, the new ones. It seems like we're about 50/50 as to whether we're going to have it...

If I were a betting man...I'd bet against it.

Least we saw part of the hulking up via comeback.

Im suprised they dont incorporate comebacks into finishers so effectively you can kickout of the opponents finisher.

The boot and Legdrop should be in the same move not separate.

Least we saw part of the hulking up via comeback.

Im suprised they dont incorporate comebacks into finishers so effectively you can kickout of the opponents finisher.

The boot and Legdrop should be in the same move not separate.

We've seen the whole comeback though; it was in the new moves stream.

Anyone get the feeling Hogan only rips his shirt in cutscenes?

Yup. I think they're Mania mode 'exclusives' and that the red and yellow Hogans will have the legend entrance that was in last years pre-sets and Hollywood will either have that or a different one that also has no shirt ripping.

I could never be bothered to share my reasoning previously but I will now...I'm an animator. When a scene is too complex to run live smoothly, you do what is referred to as 'baking' it. Basically pre-rendering it so that it's a chunk of video rather than a live rendering. There's no room for variables with a baked scene (different opponents at ringside, different arenas, titles etc)...it is what it was when you 'baked' it. You can do that when you know that Hogan will come out at Mania X8 and nothing will ever be different. With matches we put together, it would have to be live rendering so that whatever variables we pick for the setting of the match is in place. I don't think they can manage a live rendering of the shirt being ripped and dropped.

Thank you invisible man for actually explaining things to us like we're adults. It's a shame that no one in the WWE Games team is able to do the same thing

Archived