a problem I've been noticing

TitanTron

Maybe its not my place to bring this up, maybe it is. In any case, I feel this is something that needs to be said, so here goes.

I've been noticing a little trend on these forums, specifically in the wwe2K14 general chat. Threads full of flaming, anger, arguments, what have you, get closed far too late, and I believe its because the source of such threads isn't being adressed properly. I feel that what is classified as flame-baiting is only the half of it, and that there is too much leniency when it comes to it. With all due respect, the general consensus amongst the mods seems to be that stating and opinion is not flame-baitng, and while that is sometimes true, the fact remains that opinions do... Well... Bait flames! Disagreements spawn arguments, and not a lot can change that. I personally feel that threads and topics that merely state an opinion should be considered spam and be locked much sooner than they have been, as all they have been doing is provoking and/or spawning quarrels. I also prepose that there be an official debate/argument thread for the wwe 2k14 general chat section, so people who wish to agrue can do so in an environment that isn't as restricted. As I said, I have no clue if it's my place to bring any of this up, but I sincerely feel that if changes such as the ones I suggested are made, it could benifit this little comunity.

It's as simple as this, if we close to early it's always "YOU SHOULD OF LEFT THAT OPEN! IT WAS ONLY A FEW PEOPLE ARGUING!" and if we close it too late it's "WHY ISNT THIS CLOSED, MODS ARENT DOING THE JOB!"

We PM, we post in topics and all telling people to stop flaming, when they don't, we warn them. If a bunch of people continue we close the topic.

We want discussion but it seems to be a habit lately of people not listening...so we do our best to filter it...to stop them from stopping a discussion of people who are doing no wrong.

A good point, but what is your opinion on having a more argument friendly section?

It wouldn't work out, as they would get into an argument in that section, start to dislike each other and continue it toward the other threads...making it much worse.

As far as opinions. This is a forum, for people to express their opinions, good or bad. It's just some people take it serious and think it's fact.

A good point, but what is your opinion on having a more argument friendly section?

It wouldn't work out, as they would get into an argument in that section, start to dislike each other and continue it toward the other threads...making it much worse.

As far as opinions. This is a forum, for people to express their opinions, good or bad. It's just some people take it serious and think it's fact

You're right. I hadn't though much about how that kind of thread might effect some folks outside of it. Well, anyway, I hope some solution to this issue can be found.

Archived