Photos: Bound For Glory Draws Poor Crowd

After The Rain

I'm not a TNA fan, it's just questionable to me how bias people on this forum are when it comes to TNA. Smackdown looks like this ALL THE TIME. Just a week ago someone posted a photo in the WWE section of an empty hard camera section during Smackdown while the show was going on, but no one made a big deal out of it. People just moved on. Someone posts the same side of the arena, three different times from three different angles and all of a sudden "its an empty arena, TNA is dying, they're barely surviving." When none of that is true. The arena isn't empty. It's that one side, that hard camera side, but now all of a sudden the same excuse that's used for WWE "well thats where the cameras go", is now thrown out the window when it comes to TNA, when its also painfully obvious theres a production setup at the bottom in those pictures?

Yea, I just don't buy that.

Oh yeah, because Smackdown is totally on the same level as TNA's equivalent of Wrestlemania... If those pictures were of Wrestlemania and were compared to BFG, then fine, I'd see your point. But it was Smackdown, WWEs B show...

So empty.

Again, just the one side.

See, here's the thing.. Had those pictures of that one section not been posted, I bet everyone would have said it was a decent crowd. Why? Because, we would have only seen the side the camera showed.

It's the opposite here, but the same situation. Multiple shots/views of ONLY ONE SIDE!

Just to clarify and so everyone can realize. That is all the same section. Compare the people sitting in the seats with the other pictures. So basically that side of the ring was maybe 10% filled.. but we don't see the corner opposite the stage or the corner at the stage either.

I had no idea TNA was doing THIS poorly. Smackdown draws more than that. A taped B show. Bound For Glory is TNA's Wrestlemania. If they haven't gotten a bit of respect at this point, will they ever?

So empty.

Again, just the one side.

See, here's the thing.. Had those pictures of that one section not been posted, I bet everyone would have said it was a decent crowd. Why? Because, we would have only seen the side the camera showed.

It's the opposite here, but the same situation. Multiple shots/views of ONLY ONE SIDE!

maybe he WAS referring to that one side?!

I'm not a TNA fan, it's just questionable to me how bias people on this forum are when it comes to TNA. Smackdown looks like this ALL THE TIME. Just a week ago someone posted a photo in the WWE section of an empty hard camera section during Smackdown while the show was going on, but no one made a big deal out of it. People just moved on. Someone posts the same side of the arena, three different times from three different angles and all of a sudden "its an empty arena, TNA is dying, they're barely surviving." When none of that is true. The arena isn't empty. It's that one side, that hard camera side, but now all of a sudden the same excuse that's used for WWE "well thats where the cameras go", is now thrown out the window when it comes to TNA, when its also painfully obvious theres a production setup at the bottom in those pictures?

Oh yeah, because Smackdown is totally on the same level as TNA's equivalent of Wrestlemania... If those pictures were of Wrestlemania and were compared to BFG, then fine, I'd see your point. But it was Smackdown, WWEs B show...

You're making the same mistake by comparing BFG to WrestleMania. This isn't their "biggest PPV of the year", its been argued that thats Slammiversary just based on a booking and an advertising standpoint. And I don't see how one company gets a pass for "that being the side the camera goes on", while the other doesn't, regardless what the show is. But whatever.

It's worse when people say "It's TNA's Wrestlemania".... like... shut the *Censored* up. Wrestlemania and Bound For Glory are 2 different *censored*ing levels. They just said it was their biggest event... not the grandest stage of them all.

Slammiversary gets a way more packed audience btw.

Yeah pretty lackluster PPV, Sting/Magnus was crap, I can't believe they put the tag belts on Bro-mance, Angle/Roode was good except the finish, Lady Tapa needs to gtfo because none of the knockouts will be able to properly work with her, Sabin's gone from a main eventer to a very weak looking heel, ALSO WHY THE HELL DID THEY BARELY USE THE ULTIMATE X STRUCTURE FOR SPOTS, that match was decent i guess. Main Event was decent, Aj worked his ass off as usual.

I just hope the tag title change means that they're going to use Storm and Gunner more than just "guys to hold the tag titles" while we focus and have everyone else busy with Bound for Glory. (disgruntled Storm fan here...)

No side should be empty at a ppv, let alone a "wrestlemania equivalent."

Whoever compared it to Wrestlemania needs to rethink that. Nothing in wrestling right now is the equivalent of Wrestlemania. Not even AAA's Triplemania show. For that to even happen, it has to have HUGE exposure, a huge venue PACKED and a very large buyrate via the fans at home and elsewhere.

There's NO wrestling company right now that will ever reach the level of Wrestlemania. Not in the US, Mexico or Japan. Wrestlemania?? Nope.

No side should be empty at a ppv, let alone a "wrestlemania equivalent."

Whoever compared it to Wrestlemania needs to rethink that. Nothing in wrestling right now is the equivalent of Wrestlemania. Not even AAA's Triplemania show. For that to even happen, it has to have HUGE exposure, a huge venue PACKED and a very large buyrate via the fans at home and elsewhere.

There's NO wrestling company right now that will ever reach the level of Wrestlemania. Not in the US, Mexico or Japan. Wrestlemania?? Nope.

That's how the company promotes it. We all know it doesn't compare, but they don't seem to.

Smackdown =/= TNA's Biggest Event.

If you were comparing Impact to Smackdown, sure......but this is just sade, regardless if it's the same side of the arena or not, it doesn't change how empty the arena looks. It's not sad when it's a weekly televised event, since WWE blacks out most of the seats they don't sell, to give the illusion that the arean is full. But imagine if this were WrestleMania & this happened? It'd be an embarrassment. Which is EXACTLY why it's mentioned here, for TNA to not sell a decent amount of ticket, I mean at this point no one is expecting a sell out with TNA, but with this being their biggest event, it'd a public embarrassment to the company.

Archived