Photos: Bound For Glory Draws Poor Crowd

After The Rain

Credit: SEScoops

Check out these photos of the crowd (or lack thereof) at the Viejas Arena in San Diego, California for last night’s TNA Bound For Glory pay-per-view.

The Viejas Arena holds up to 13,00 fans, but it’s clear TNA didn’t sell anywhere near half that amount of tickets.

The first image in particular, which shows Bully Ray walking to the ring for the main event of TNA’s biggest event of the year, is a disturbing look at the state of the company’s drawing power:

adynsqvl_zps17a6b81c.jpg

bxexyh6iyaaujkf_zpsf745646e.jpg

bxet-qdiyaagsv__zpsd036d1e5.jpg

Just to clarify and so everyone can realize. That is all the same section. Compare the people sitting in the seats with the other pictures. So basically that side of the ring was maybe 10% filled.. but we don't see the corner opposite the stage or the corner at the stage either.

Just to clarify and so everyone can realize. That is all the same section. Compare the people sitting in the seats with the other pictures. So basically that side of the ring was maybe 10% filled.. but we don't see the corner opposite the stage or the corner at the stage either.

I mentioned this in the other thread, all these pictures, all of them, are of the same side of the arena, the pictures are just taken from different angles to give the impression that the entire arena was like that. Also, just like Smackdown on most occasions it's the side of the hard camera with the empty seats.

It amazes me all of you are simply choosing to overlook this fact. Talk about bias.

I mentioned this in the other thread, all these pictures, all of them, are of the same side of the arena, the pictures are just taken from different angles to give the impression that the entire arena was like that. Also, just like Smackdown on most occasions it's the side of the hard camera with the empty seats.

It amazes me all of you are simply choosing to overlook this fact. Talk about bias.

^THIS!!!

I really hated doing that...... Actually, no I didn't. Sometimes the TNA hate and Anti-TNA stuff is just overdoing it. Get over yourselves, folks!! lol

THANK YOU!

Try and spin it any way you want but half non floor seats are completely empty in these pictures. I mean It legitimately looks like a indy show.

Also when you compare a random Smackdown to your biggest PPV of the year you might need to reevaluate the position of the company.

Likewise with the spinning.. Though, I like TNA because it has good matches.. I'm willing to admit it's doing several things wrong and have done many things wrong, but really why show SEVERAL angles of the SAME SIDE of the arena?

I'm not a TNA fan, it's just questionable to me how bias people on this forum are when it comes to TNA. Smackdown looks like this ALL THE TIME. Just a week ago someone posted a photo in the WWE section of an empty hard camera section during Smackdown while the show was going on, but no one made a big deal out of it. People just moved on. Someone posts the same side of the arena, three different times from three different angles and all of a sudden "its an empty arena, TNA is dying, they're barely surviving." When none of that is true. The arena isn't empty. It's that one side, that hard camera side, but now all of a sudden the same excuse that's used for WWE "well thats where the cameras go", is now thrown out the window when it comes to TNA, when its also painfully obvious theres a production setup at the bottom in those pictures?

Yea, I just don't buy that.

I'm not a TNA fan, it's just questionable to me how bias people on this forum are when it comes to TNA. Smackdown looks like this ALL THE TIME. Just a week ago someone posted a photo in the WWE section of an empty hard camera section during Smackdown while the show was going on, but no one made a big deal out of it. People just moved on. Someone posts the same side of the arena, three different times from three different angles and all of a sudden "its an empty arena, TNA is dying, they're barely surviving." When none of that is true. The arena isn't empty. It's that one side, that hard camera side, but now all of a sudden the same excuse that's used for WWE "well thats where the cameras go", is now thrown out the window when it comes to TNA, when its also painfully obvious theres a production setup at the bottom in those pictures?

Yea, I just don't buy that.

Like I said you are comparing Smackdown, the WWE "B" show that is not even shown live to TNA's BIGGEST PPV OF THE YEAR. There Wrestlemania, Starrcade, Super Bowl etc... And while yeah the arena isn't empty its still half empty and those are the cheap seats! Im not saying they are dying but that is laughable. I mean the crowd here doesn't look much bigger than some of the bigger indy shows.

But there shouldn't be any empty seats at that PPV.

It really was a poor PPV. It didn't feel like a big PPV, it didn't feel like a Bound For Glory to me. TNA have had bigger and better crowds for other shows this year, like LockDown and their shows in England. They have guys that can REALLY go but the end product isn't as good as it should be given the talent they have. Angle vs Roode was amazing though.

Archived