if sales do well will we get All Stars 2

KenshiroUK

All stars was the best wrestling game since WWF No Mercy. I really wish the Smackdown series would implement class specific controls like THQ San Diego used in that game. It was a game where they didn't even need to include a CAW mode given the gameplay was so fun it made you want to learn the ins and outs of every single character on the roster. Something you can't do with the current games. Four classes, and nearly every character in each played differently. Great reversal system. Nearly flawless (and balanced) online play outside of a few cheap glitched out moves. Seriously, I wish the Smackdown games played half as good as All Stars did online.

If it wasn't for them catering to the creation folks, THQ San Diego should've been given the reins of Smackdown or at least given a alternate sim series to expand their ideas on, it's a shame they got lost in the mix when THQ went under. Last I heard, even though they were broken up they were put on different projects at the company until THQ could get back on their feet and had something for them.....and during that period a lot of retailers and reports were coming out signaling a sequel was actually in the pipeline....but just like Vince McMahon, they probably had the shitty looking WWE Brawl mixed up with a All Stars 2.

I'd love a sequel but given it's still unclear if 2K picked up the license and tech used in that game when they acquired the WWE from THQ, who knows. I wouldn't hold my breath though.

Hopefully if the engine is still floating around and up for grabs Capcom or someone will swoop in and snatch it up. I could see it being used to make a great reboot of Saturday Night Slam Masters or something. It dying with All Stars is nearly just as depressing as the AKI engine dying with Def Jam 2 and the Ultimate Muscle games.

They both need to be brought back.

All stars was the best wrestling game since WWF No Mercy. I really wish the Smackdown series would implement class specific controls like THQ San Diego used in that game. It was a game where they didn't even need to include a CAW mode given the gameplay was so fun it made you want to learn the ins and outs of every single character on the roster. Something you can't do with the current games. Four classes, and nearly every character in each played differently. Great reversal system. Nearly flawless (and balanced) online play outside of a few cheap glitched out moves. Seriously, I wish the Smackdown games played half as good as All Stars did online.

If it wasn't for them catering to the creation folks, THQ San Diego should've been given the reins of Smackdown or at least given a alternate sim series to expand their ideas on, it's a shame they got lost in the mix when THQ went under. Last I heard, even though they were broken up they were put on different projects at the company until THQ could get back on their feet and had something for them.....and during that period a lot of retailers and reports were coming out signaling a sequel was actually in the pipeline....but just like Vince McMahon, they probably had the shitty looking WWE Brawl mixed up with a All Stars 2.

I'd love a sequel but given it's still unclear if 2K picked up the license and tech used in that game when they acquired the WWE from THQ, who knows. I wouldn't hold my breath though.

Hopefully if the engine is still floating around and up for grabs Capcom or someone will swoop in and snatch it up. I could see it being used to make a great reboot of Saturday Night Slam Masters or something. It dying with All Stars is nearly just as depressing as the AKI engine dying with Def Jam 2 and the Ultimate Muscle games.

They both need to be brought back.

I agree with you 100%... NO MERCY was amazing and this was one of the few games afterwards that paid respect to FUN, GRAPHICS, and Characters plus CAW Ability. Im not saying this perfect, but it had its advantages... plus i still see no to any game that came close to it graphic wise. I am sorry but The ULTIMATE WARRIOR in WWE 14 looks sad... sad enough to belong in minecraft. That is a sad example of a game not worth paying $60 dollars. This is 2013... i expect damn good graphics.. especially if i can compare it to a 2009/2010 game and say that AllStars is still better.

I agree with the above post. The Ultimate Warrior looks cooler in Allstars than he does in 2K14. For that matter, most Allstars wrestlers look more awesome then their 2K14 counterparts. Macho Man does his lip biting thing, Bret Hart has that smirk on his face, Stone Cold looks pissed, the Rock has his eyebrow thing going on. In the 2K-SvR series everyone looks like they are sleepy or in pain. Allstars captures the larger than life feel of wrestling more than the simulation games.

Doubt it. With them being a a maker of sports games I can see them only being interested in a simulation game. It could depend on if the contract they signed with WWE commissioned a second title. Which I doubt.

I NEVER GOT THE LOVE FOR THIS GAME. I HATE IT.

This, I'd rather have a WWF Wrestlemania: The Arcade Game sequel;

We got that this year.

I'm not going to say no. Never say never

What are you a Justin Bieber fan? Or maybe you're a fan of the worst James Bond movie ever.

Or maybe the man that happens to be in your sig??? WWE HOF 2005, check your history... BROTHER

• 2 weeks later...

I hear you 100%!!!! I hope someone actually listens. I rather pay for these servers and help them up and running than xbox live. Or have a new game that incorporates the same caws that i created for this game.... that would become the best game of the year!!!!!! HANDS DOWN!!

• 1 month later...

The last wrestling game I spent so much time on was SVR 06. All Stars might be limited, but it's fun as hell to play and posters on here have continued to show how much potential the CAW mode has. I wish they would bring back online to increase the game's replay value.

Archived