if sales do well will we get All Stars 2

KenshiroUK

If the Altima does well in sales does it mean Sentra is a huge hit for Nissan? I know it's different things, but the idea is the same. Why would 2K14 selling well lead to an Allstars 2? Although I hope to hell we get a sequel to Allstars some day.

Yeah, there is obviously no way to answer this question. Even if 2k14 does sell well (they've already got many of us to drop pre-order dollars), what if it turns out to be another glitchy, broken mess? Impossible to foresee the future here, we'll find out what we find out when we find out, is the best answer I can give. ;)

Doubt it. With them being a a maker of sports games I can see them only being interested in a similation game. It could depend on if the contract they signed with WWE commisioned a second title. Which I doubt.

I NEVER GOT THE LOVE FOR THIS GAME. I HATE IT.

do you think 2K will pick up All Stars if sales do well enough from WWE 14?

Hopefully never. We need a proper wrestling game if we do not models that are blown way out of proportion and do unrealistic superman style moves.

Doubt it. With them being a a maker of sports games I can see them only being interested in a simulation game. It could depend on if the contract they signed with WWE commissioned a second title. Which I doubt.

This, I'd rather have a WWF Wrestlemania: The Arcade Game sequel;

Doubt it. With them being a a maker of sports games I can see them only being interested in a simulation game. It could depend on if the contract they signed with WWE commissioned a second title. Which I doubt.

We got that this year.

I'm not going to say no. Never say never

We got that this year.

I'm not going to say no. Never say never

What are you a Justin Bieber fan? Or maybe you're a fan of the worst James Bond movie ever.

Unfortunately no. And its to bad, sure, the original wasn't perfect but the potential it had was astronomical. Hell if they kept the engine and dropped the crazy shit they could have EASILY made a great series to coincide with the WWE series. The reversal system (which was a nice update from the TNA game, where the enemy AI abused the *Censored* out of it) was a really cool idea and the different classes were actually done well (unlike in 2008). Plus, for an arcade-ish game with a small roster, the people they had for it were fun to play as.

I'll be disappointed if no one, anyone at all, does something with that engine. Midway messed it up because they released TNA before it was ready (long before) and THQ never capitalized on a pretty good first game. That engine has the potential to be an incredibly sought after series if used correctly.

Damn title,I thought 2K talked about a possibly during a new interview or something but yes I sure would love a sequel

Unfortunately no. And its to bad, sure, the original wasn't perfect but the potential it had was astronomical. Hell if they kept the engine and dropped the crazy shit they could have EASILY made a great series to coincide with the WWE series. The reversal system (which was a nice update from the TNA game, where the enemy AI abused the *Censored* out of it) was a really cool idea and the different classes were actually done well (unlike in 2008). Plus, for an arcade-ish game with a small roster, the people they had for it were fun to play as.

I'll be disappointed if no one, anyone at all, does something with that engine. Midway messed it up because they released TNA before it was ready (long before) and THQ never capitalized on a pretty good first game. That engine has the potential to be an incredibly sought after series if used correctly.

Completely agreed!

Before I begin, let me make it clear; this is my Review of WWE All-Stars. Whether anybody gives a damn or not, I don't rather care; but if you'd like to be mature and give your opinion on it and explain my point of view differently then I'll accept it with open arms.

WWE All-Stars was, WWE Legends Of Wrestlemania Meets TNA Impact: The Video Game on repeat. The Grapple Mechanics where short if not nonexistent, the Reversal System was ridiculous; The Roster was way to small and The Classes could be easily abused (Big Man/High Flyers). For these reasons I rated WWE All-Stars a Five out of Ten, it was enjoyable but grew stale very quickly; it's just another Mediocre Arcade style game from this Generation. I'd give the same score to Marvel Vs Capcom 3, Injustice: Gods Among Us and Mortal Kombat Vs DC Universe.

Before I begin, let me make it clear; this is my Review of WWE All-Stars. Whether anybody gives a damn or not, I don't rather care; but if you'd like to be mature and give your opinion on it and explain my point of view differently then I'll accept it with open arms.

WWE All-Stars was, WWE Legends Of Wrestlemania Meets TNA Impact: The Video Game on repeat. The Grapple Mechanics where short if not nonexistent, the Reversal System was ridiculous; The Roster was way to small and The Classes could be easily abused (Big Man/High Flyers). For these reasons I rated WWE All-Stars a Five out of Ten, it was enjoyable but grew stale very quickly; it's just another Mediocre Arcade style game from this Generation. I'd give the same score to Marvel Vs Capcom 3, Injustice: Gods Among Us and Mortal Kombat Vs DC Universe.

I used to think that as well, but now I feel that WWE All Stars has more in common with Super Smash Bros. than with Marvel vs. Capcom. WWE All Stars is more like a party game made to have fun with a lot of people than a proper wrestling title. Although I believe that there is a place for wrestling games like that, and honestly indie titles would probably have a lot more success if they tried to emulate WWE All Stars rather than the main WWE series or the AKI series, there was never any chance of All Stars replacing the main series. Instead of wasting time, money, and staff making All Stars (and Legends of Wrestlemania for that matter), THQ should have started making the main series at house. Those extra games were proof that THQ could have started work on an engine similar to the one Yukes was doing but made to handle the more advanced stuff they were doing with the games. Instead we still have to deal with the glitches, broken gameplay mechanics, and slow loading times (especially for the PS3).

Regardless of whether you think the state of the main series is Yukes' fault or not, it is very obvious when seeing the recent games (especially WWE '12) that they are clearly in way over their heads. WWE 2K14 looks like it might be a step in the right direction, but if 2k is interested at all in the WWE series ever reaching greatness, they need to start making these games like they were made to be played on 8th generation platforms. This practice of trying to make skyscrapers on a foundation made of sand needs to end.

Archived