WWE2K14 Hyped/Psyched/Marking Out Topic

Thr33X

(Edited for content)

Legit question, Is there anyone on here that's genuinely looking forward to getting their hands on WWE2K14 and playing it for the sake of playing a game that finally seems to be getting the TLC it deserves? Seems that falling under the 2K Games banner was just what the doctor ordered in terms of reinvigorating this series, and the hell with what the whiners and complainers have to say, I've not been more amped for a WWE Game in a long time.

So what does everyone else think?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am glad you started this topic because,as I am excited for th release of 2K14. The gameplay and fighting style looks exactly the same from 13, which I don't know if it will keep me hooked onto. Like for instances, in WWE 13 I only played it for like 4 months because after 4 months, the online just went down to being trash with all the hacked move glicthes, lags, more hacked moves. I just this year all of that will change and even though, the gameplay hasn't really changed I hope it feels better and more realistic to play.

I thought WWE 13 was a really well done game last year. WWE 2K14 looks like they will blow last years game out of the park. 2K seem to look after their Franchise games & will allow them more to do, while THQ seemed to restrict them. People complaining about anything in this game is just a whinger in my books.

I ordered the phenom edition in august, and I haven't cancelled it. HELL YEAH I want this game.

I, too, Ordered the Phenom Edition in August, and have no intention of canceling. We're in the same boat! Who let you onto my boat, spookyman?

....................................................................................................

Anyway, In all seriousness, yes, I'm looking forward to this game. I don't have nearly as much to complain about as others on this forum, And from looking at it, I think the gameplay has actually improved from last year! I'm liking the fidget animations, and the fact that opponents focus on each other during matches. The "fighting style" looks the same, but I'm fine with that because I liked it that way last year. I know I'll be playing this game for upwards of 8 months. I do every year. With all the new features announced, I'm thinking this year will be no different. Heck, I might be playing even longer, as I plan to finally connect my 360 to the ol' series of tubes, and play online. Poor sports, hackers, cheaters, glitchers, and lag aside, that's a whole new feature right there I've never even used before. Can't we just block those people, and find some cool folks to play with, anyway? VERY excited for this game.

• Complaining about complaining is dumb
  • There's been a ton of positive feedback to the game overall
  • You know there's been a ton of positive feedback overall
  • Using words like 'childish entitlements' shows you're clearly trolling for an argument
  • There's no REAL reason for this topic (other than flame-baiting)

Go away.

Yup, 100 CAW slots and so far the new moves I've seen look good and whilst I don't normally play as the in-game characters some of the models are making me think I shall be doing so this year and I am liking the legend lineup this year a lot. I do wish that they showed more moves in the stream and showed the standard CAW mode in that stream because those are the things I care about most and that is really my only complaint.

• Complaining about complaining is dumb
  • There's been a ton of positive feedback to the game overall
  • You know there's been a ton of positive feedback overall
  • Using words like 'childish entitlements' shows you're clearly trolling for an argument
  • There's no REAL reason for this topic (other than flame-baiting)

Go away.

Judging by the response to this thread I think there are quite a few people who think the same way I do. So much for vocal minority, eh?

Asking if anyone's excited about the next WWE videogame release on a website dedicated to them... kind of a dumb question don't you think?

Nope. Follow the response to the thread. Most people actually see a question worth answering...and then there's you. ;)

I'll wait until I've played the game then I'll judge it.

Last year I was a little bit excited because it contained the Attitude Era which was when I started to watch wrestling again so for me that was great. This year we get WrestleMania mode which is a good way to replace the Attitude Era as it means you can get rid of the lower card attitude wrestlers and replace them with real legends, so that's a positive.

Also with the improvements of Superstar Threads and Universe mode I'm actually pretty excited about this years edition. Also there's no time consuming online trophies to go for.

Nope. Follow the response to the thread. Most people actually see a question worth answering...and then there's you. ;)

Yeah, there is me, and I still don't see the point of a thread topic asking if people are looking forward to a game in the general chat section for said game, of course people will be looking forward to it. Honestly this thread seems like a way of voicing your opinion against the complaints each game receives each year, which I can understand, but a thread about this? Here of all places? Seems like a simple answer for the most part, I think you should have rephrased the topic to "Who's looking forward to WWE 2k14" instead of making it out like you think you're the only one that cares about it here, which is false.

And for the sake of being on-topic, yeah I'm looking forward to this year's release, albeit I'm still a bit concerned about the game's AI.

people have a right to complain about a game they are paying good money for, but having said that, all your gonna do by starting a topic like this is start a flame war. its the same every year, people complain about things they hate, people praise things they love. are you gonna be this years person to complain about people complaining about the game, which is ironic when you think about it.

and don,t assume that just because a small minority complain about something that they are not looking forward to the game. I assume your looking forward to it? so why concern yourself with people who may not be? buy the game, play it, enjoy it, and stop worrying about other people. this topic is a flame war just waiting to start

oh, and to answer your question, yes, I,m looking forward to the game, I do every year

I dunno...I feel like I haven't heard anywhere near as much negativity surrounding this game before it's release as I've heard in previous years, but I could be wrong. It seems like so mch is being done right this year that I've only ever really seen people bitch about little petty things here and there.

If the roster is an issue to people, wait until you hear about DLC. If DLC still lacks something you wanted, it's gonna be one HELL of a year in the caw community, I assure you. I mean, did you SEE the stuff that came out for 13? And now we have 100 SLOTS to fill up? C'mon...how is that not exciting?

Hogan, Warrior, Savage, Andre, Flair, Steamboat, etc.

Level of personalization with new moves and/or updates to the movesets of the ingame wrestlers looks awesome. Gameplay looks alot smoother with the little changes they made here and there. The constant 1-count thing is gone, supposedly, so that's good.

CM Punk, Bryan Danielson, Claudio Castagnoli, Tyler Black, Jon Moxley, April Jeanette, all top ex-indy prospects now doing well in WWE, all with great models and new moves that cater to their specific movesets...

Goldberg!

People waiting all this time for Kaitlyn to be in a game and not some shit Caw version.....now have Kaitlyn in the game.

I mean....what do we know right now that we can be really realistically negative about, other than all the old great moves taken out over the years?..Like why the hell would they have a perfect Lita moonsault all those years and then just do away with it for no reason? lol...

I agree, I don,t think there has been as much negativity about this years game either, and as ANTI says, its small things that people have mostly complained about. they really do seem to have packed a lot into this years game, and believe me, nov 1st can,t come quick enough for me

Archived