Tara: "TNA wasn't a good fit for me. It made me appreciate WWE a lot.

E#37

Lisa Marie Varon, who worked in the WWE as Victoria and TNA as Tara, joined the VOC Wrestling Nation to promote her upcoming appearance at Legends of the Ring on 10/5/13 in Monroe, NJ, and to talk her new restaurant venture in Chicago. You can hear the entire interview at http://vocnation.com; here are some highlights of what “Victoria” had to say:

On her new restaurant, “The Squared Circle”, opening in Chicago:

This is our third restaurant. We had one in Kentucky and one in Lombard, Ill; we sold both of those and ended up coming back to Chicago. It’s not just a pizza place; we do thin crust (Chicago style), we do brick oven, New York Style, and stuffed burgers. It’s a very, very unique menu.

On the wrestling theme of her restaurant:

Our place is wrestling themed. I’m there every single night watching wrestling. I get to watch what I love, talk about my passion, eat awesome food, and mingle with the fans. Every night we have wrestling on and feature wrestling related guests. I even named a platter after Gail Kim.

On her time in TNA and whether she would return:

TNA is out of the question. It wasn’t a good fit for me. I had a great run there, but it was very different from WWE. It made me appreciate WWE a lot.

On her future in wrestling:

Never say never. I’m 42 and I’m still kicking ass and in better shape than when I was wrestling. It’s in my blood. I’m lucky that I live wrestling at my restaurant. I don’t think I’m done wrestling; I have a lot to give in terms of knowledge and helping other females.

On working in front of the same crowd each week versus working on the road:

Its apples and oranges. I enjoy going on the road and working different towns. (At TNA) the audience wanted to get more camera time (than the talent). I ended up knowing most of the fans that went there in Orlando. Performing in Madison Square Garden is surreal. I hope some of the TNA talent that has never gotten to do that gets a chance to do it.

On what’s missing with today’s female talent:

We had Fit Finlay as a trainer and agent. He made us and molded us. He got to know what made us tick, exposed that, and there was nothing we couldn’t do. Today, the girls pick and choose what moves they want to do. If Fit Finlay was around, that wouldn’t happen. We worked stiff. We made contact.

Kinda surprised to hear that from here. Seeing as how she was treated in the last couple of years in the WWE.

Anyone who jumps ship to TNA basically kills their career. TNA is essentially, if you cannot make it in WWE, TNA is your plan B. Too bad TNA has such horrible publicity. Dixie Carter can't run a wrestling federation worth diddly squat.

EDIT: When wrestling fans are calling your product a piece of shit, calling the owner a *Censored*, and insulting the people who work in the company, then something is wrong. Nobody would disrespect Vince McMahon like that. NOBODY.

Anyone who jumps ship to TNA basically kills their career. TNA is essentially, if you cannot make it in WWE, TNA is your plan B. Too bad TNA has such horrible publicity. Dixie Carter can't run a wrestling federation worth diddly squat.

EDIT: When wrestling fans are calling your product a piece of shit, calling the owner a *censored*, and insulting the people who work in the company, then something is wrong. Nobody would disrespect Vince McMahon like that. NOBODY.

Some people do that sadly

Good read. That restaurant sounds interesting and I bet she has a lot of fun with it. I'd keep her away from WWE if it were an in ring role but she could always be a trainer, or maybe an onscreen manager of sorts.

Very, very strange thing for her to say. Goes from making occasional appearances on Smackdown jobbing out to models here and there, to becoming Knockouts Champ. Besides, it looked like she was having a lot of fun with Brooke Tessmacher.

She hated being booked with Brooke.....she said she didn't like working Brooke, because she felt that Brooke was "incredibly green". That says a lot when you're working with someone & you make comments like that.

Blatantly trying to get WWE to give her a call

She doesn't have to since she is still friends with several people at the WWE.

She was also backstage at Raw a few weeks ago.

Archived