Several WWE Superstars Comment on People Who Say Wrestling Is Fake

Mr. Carlton

To promote the upcoming tour in Abu Dhabi, TheNational.ae recently spoke to several WWE Superstars on topics such as fans behavior, life as a wrestler and more. They also talked about people who say wrestling is fake:
Brodus Clay: "I love it when people say WWE is fake, it makes me laugh. You know, when you see Clint Eastwood, Arnold Schwarzenegger or Bruce Willis in Die Hard on the screen, no one says: ‘It’s all fake.’ You believe that he’s The Terminator and he’s beating up all the people. You know, I still go to a movie and think Darth Vader is a real dude."
Titus O'Neil: "You think it’s fake? If I pick you up and slam you into the ground, you’re going to feel it. If you get hit in the back with a chair, you’re going to feel it. You can’t fake that stuff. We’re trained professionals. I think of myself as an entertainer, but I’m definitely an athlete, too."
Booker T: "Every fan that comes to a wrestling match, the majority know what it’s about. You know if you go to watch a movie, sometimes you find yourself clapping or cheering the characters on, even if you know it’s not real and they can’t hear you. If you go to a sports match, it could be a really dull game. But with WWE you know every match is going to be the highest form of entertainment."
The Miz: "If you know the answer, why would you ask? Most people treat it as a movie or a theatre show. It’s as simple as that."

^^What'd he say? I only see Clay, Titus, Booker and Miz

m.youtube.com/watch?desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DLFvmJt82eLM&v=LFvmJt82eLM&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DLFvmJt82eLM%26desktop_uri%3D%252Fwatch%253Fv%253DLFvmJt82eLM

Who cares? There will always be people who will doubt the actuality of wrestling, and consider it too 'extreme' to be real. Doubters will always be there, but we know it's real. Entertaining should be the main focus, because during an entertaining match, nobody bothers to think whether it's 'real' or 'fake'.

As they shouldn't consider it 'fake' to begin with...

Just kills me when people will give me a 10 minute speech on how "wrestling is so fake. You're watching a bunch of men writhe around on the ground not even actually fighting." Then continue to talk with their friends about how unreal this season of The Real World or Jersey Shore was for a few hours

Archived