Pin option gone?

Raddad88

Watched the reveals for today, and noticed I didn't see any indicators for pin options, thought back and realized I don't think In any of the footage so far I've seen an indicator for a pin....

Did they actually remove this?

I could very well be wrong, but I can't remember a single instance in any of the footage so far where there's actually been a smooth transition into a pin.

Anyone please post up a clip that proves me wrong?
This would REALLY bum me out if I'm right.

There were?

I can't think of a move without the pin prompt in 13.

Was hoping it was just indicators were turned off for a clean presentation in the finisher vids, but looked at the gameplay ones and the indicators are on.

This was probably my favorite addition to the series in a few years, I'm gonna be really bummed if they dropped it for no reason at all.

IMO, they need the pin option for most moves...even a chokeslam and stuff. Because there are times that wrestlers fall right into the pin with their finishers...and it isn't just for diving moves or reversals. For example, a pinning Rock Bottom would be ideal. Rock always falls into the pin for that. He doesn't hit it, stand up, and then lay back down for the pin.

Wait! Wasn't there a video of Warrior doing his finisher straight into the pin?

Yes, they probably removed on screen indicators because they're reveals. And the lifting reverse DDT that was dlc last year didn't have a prompt but it was a pin combo move.

And Sam, go and check out some of the 13 reveals namely mysterio in question, he didn't have the on screen prompt on his splash either; it's definitely in but they've removed the on screen indicators for presentation purposes.

They need more pin options rather than stick us with pin combo without changing the move. Tiger bomb with pin hits the guy on his neck, but if you choose not to pin, it's like a tiger bomb into a sitout powerbomb. I do not like that at all. Though, I don't remember any move but custom finishers having pin combo rather than pin option, and that's no fault of the custom finishers.

Okay, so first sentence is kinda redundant. But I still think they need to not change the move based on whether we choose to pin or not.

They need more pin options rather than stick us with pin combo without changing the move. Tiger bomb with pin hits the guy on his neck, but if you choose not to pin, it's like a tiger bomb into a sitout powerbomb. I do not like that at all. Though, I don't remember any move but custom finishers having pin combo rather than pin option, and that's no fault of the custom finishers.

Okay, so first sentence is kinda redundant. But I still think they need to not change the move based on whether we choose to pin or not.

That's because it's the Rodney Mack version of the non pinning move. If they didn't add them two completely separate moves together they'd have to animate a new tiger driver without pin. It's more work. That's probably why they'd didn't do the work.

Or they thought it was 'close enough'.

we need more pins. They removed alot of them in 2011.

backslide pin

running schoolboys

running small package pins

4 different Oklahoma Roll pins

Alot of them were relegated to Create a Special move.

Then last year a handful returned as leverage pins

Has anyone noticed that there is no normal pin in these games? If u look at a game like Firepro, where u can select many pins to do on a face up/grounded opponent.

Everytime u pin, its either the forearm to the face (ala Dean Ambrose/Randy Orton) style. Or its a leg hook pin.

there is no normal pin. Or a normal cover pin

IMO, they need the pin option for most moves...even a chokeslam and stuff. Because there are times that wrestlers fall right into the pin with their finishers...and it isn't just for diving moves or reversals. For example, a pinning Rock Bottom would be ideal. Rock always falls into the pin for that. He doesn't hit it, stand up, and then lay back down for the pin.

Goldberg for one.

we need more pins. They removed alot of them in 2011.

backslide pin

running schoolboys

running small package pins

4 different Oklahoma Roll pins

Alot of them were relegated to Create a Special move.

Then last year a handful returned as leverage pins

Has anyone noticed that there is no normal pin in these games? If u look at a game like Firepro, where u can select many pins to do on a face up/grounded opponent.

Everytime u pin, its either the forearm to the face (ala Dean Ambrose/Randy Orton) style. Or its a leg hook pin.

there is no normal pin. Or a normal cover pin

More pins are needed but I hated the days where wrestlers went for pins in Royal Rumbles and outside the ring in regular matches because they were grapple moves. Leverage pin ability is fine but I would like it for other positions (behind, down, turnbuckle, chain grapples, etc), but not pins as grapple moves.

Good point.

Archived