Would anyone like to play svr 06 online again?

VeryEuropean92

I was really disappointed when I found out the servers for this game have been shut down. Of all the classic games i get the impression that there's still a lot of people playing judging from the forum activities. So do you think asking 2K (since they practically own thq) to open them again via email would be wishful thinking? Is there something we can do about it?

I think the servers are just lost. Most of the people from THQ will work only this year on 2K14. Then, it will all be 2K's business. The way I see it, they wouldn't have interest in re-opening an eight year old PS2 game, sadly. I don't think there's too much people on SvR '06.

• 4 weeks later...

The server will not be online, I've emailed THQ asking them for the rights to host the server and I would pay to keep it online, but they said "The servers are no longer being hosted by THQ, and we have no information on how to host these servers".

However you can stil play SvR06 online... not on a PS2 but on a PSP.

1 Get a PSP and SvR06 disc

2 http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/ make an account there and you can try to find people with this and other PSP / Xbox games and you can "mesh" two local connections together. I really want to spread the word so I can play this online again, I used to have so much fun.

Archived