Marvel: Avengers Alliance

Generations

Been wanting to make a topic for awhile now, but kept deciding against it for whatever reason. For those who don't know, it's a Facebook game where you build a team of Marvel characters and fight battles with a ton of different villains...both well known and obscure. I'm not making this topic to recruit friends or anything, as I don't add people I don't know personally on Facebook anyway...but I thought it would be fun to discuss different characters, their abilities, who works best in teams, etc. If you haven't played the game, or didn't even know it existed, check it out. I've been addicted to it since I started playing earlier in the year. It can easily be found by searching on Facebook.

Anyway, the number of different characters you can recruit is really impressive. I consider it to be one of (if not the very best) Marvel games to date. It's great at keeping with the classic feel of the comics. It doesn't try to be like the movies, which is great.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The spec ops are always ridiculous (because of the required deploys). I've got a couple of them, but always by using gold to skip the last objective. Anyway, below is who I have on my team. It doesn't show the alternate attires though. As far as those go, I have the brown and tan Wolverine, Iron Patriot, Classic Storm, Avengers Hulk, Phoenix Five Phoenix, and X-Force Archangel. Not sure if I want to get black suit Spiderman next, or save the points for another character. I don't think the alternate uniforms should be anywhere near as expensive as they are.

k4jy3t.jpg

I need to get the required heroes to complete Season 2, Chapter 1 for Heroic Age Iron Fist.

Think I got to 23/25 for that and had to stop because I lack the required heroes. But my perspective on the situation is that I'd rather save the points for characters that I really want, rather than spend the points on characters that I have no particular interest in...just to unlock another character or costume that I have no particular interest in. That's why I kinda stopped caring about the various quests...(unless it's someone I really want). I think my next purchase will either be Bishop or the black Spiderman suit.

Btw, what do you suggest for farming gold? I don't really know how to get much more...aside from getting four stars on the chapters and winning the daily lotto thing.

I was addicted to this game since release, but for some reason I finally grew tired of it and stopped playing not long before Ares' spec ops.

They actually kinda overhauled it recently. The new chapters play out like spec ops missions, and give you unlockables as you go...so it's easier to get stuff like command points and gold.

Jaysus, dude. Were you spending real money? :lol:

Nah, I'm a veteran at the game. I did buy an FB thingy card to buy gold tho ... but it wasn't that much gold and I only did that shit once.

There's one thing I always sucked at on MAA. P.V.P. I never got a single diamond medal in any PVP tournament lolol

PVP is rigged. I'm convinced of it. There are times where my opponents get every single advantage and I get none. I'm talking about everything just stacking and stacking...it's more than coincidence. I realize that some characters cause a lot of negative status changes, etc...but I swear, it's more than that. It's also pretty common that they get a ton of extra turns and I lose turns...even though there's no logical reason for that to happen with the characters being used. I just don't trust that shit. I think they even put out a message the one time that said "PVP is not rigged"...they must have people complaining all the time.

It's mostly the huge level difference, and the Offense/Defense difference, one guy could have like only 200,000 Offense/Defense stats each, while one (gold user) would have like a million Offense/Defense stats.

BTW are you part of any MAA-related group? If not, I could recommend you to join one, the people there are helpful most of the time.

Stacking of Negative Status Effects, many heroes nowadays have attacks and passives that give Negative Status Effects to opponents, so that really shouldn't be a surprise.

Stacking of Negative Status Effects, many heroes nowadays have attacks and passives that give Negative Status Effects to opponents, so that really shouldn't be a surprise.

Nah...I realize that. But every once in a while, it just gets out of control in favor of the computer. Which is what it is...when you play PVP, you play against the computer, using the team of a real player. I still say the computer finds every possible avenue to screw you over.

I need to get the required heroes to complete Season 2, Chapter 1 for Heroic Age Iron Fist.

Think I got to 23/25 for that and had to stop because I lack the required heroes. But my perspective on the situation is that I'd rather save the points for characters that I really want, rather than spend the points on characters that I have no particular interest in...just to unlock another character or costume that I have no particular interest in. That's why I kinda stopped caring about the various quests...(unless it's someone I really want). I think my next purchase will either be Bishop or the black Spiderman suit.

Btw, what do you suggest for farming gold? I don't really know how to get much more...aside from getting four stars on the chapters and winning the daily lotto thing.

At the moment I want Punisher, Bishop, and some unreleased costumes for some of the heroes I have so I'm going to save my CP for now. I wanna try and collect most of the unlocked heroes that are there right now just for the sake of adding to my collection, lol.

I just grind missions in general and get four stars, if not, I get lucky on the roulette wheel. There's really no sure fire way besides those and PVP, which is just *censored*ing rigged.

• 2 weeks later...

When I'm working for Heroic Age Iron Fist they release the Cyclops costume I want as the reward for chapter 2.... *Censored*. I'm pissed off too because I have 7 of 8 Thane comic covers and no lockboxes and no gold to buy any.... *Censored*.

The new Empowered Iso-8 cost CP and Gold... *Censored*.

Yeah...these bitches are getting ridiculous with the requirements for unlocking basic stuff. It would be one thing if doing the tasks could unlock the outfits for free, but you should still be able to buy them with points if you can't complete the tasks for whatever reason. I really want that Cyclops costume.

Archived