Update: Hulk Hogan Staying With TNA

After The Rain

THQ doesn't even make the game anymore. And I don't think anyone are fans of them. And if Hogan wasn't in this years game, it still would've sold well, just like it did last year, and the year before last and the year before that.

So saying Hogan is in this year simply because the current roster couldnt sell is 100% wrong and a retarded statement to make.

No the games have not been selling. thats why THQ owed $45 million dollars

to WWE. it also one of the many reason they are no longer in business.

most people outside of wrestling don't know who people like cm punk is or care

ever one knows who Hulk Hogan is he's like what Muhammad Ali is to the fight night games

casual fans will pick the game up because of guys like Hulk Hogan and the Macho man.

not cm punk.

the fact that 2k is using ultimate warrior to promo

for the new game shows me how much faith they have in the current roster....

THQ owed WWE money because THQ was poor and had to get money to produce the games...

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

THQ doesn't even make the game anymore. And I don't think anyone are fans of them. And if Hogan wasn't in this years game, it still would've sold well, just like it did last year, and the year before last and the year before that.

So saying Hogan is in this year simply because the current roster couldnt sell is 100% wrong and a retarded statement to make.

ever one knows who Hulk Hogan is he's like what Muhammad Ali is to the fight night games

casual fans will pick the game up because of guys like Hulk Hogan and the Macho man.

not cm punk.

Or, and stick with me on this one. They are trying to sell the main feature in the game which features Hogan and Warrior. Honestly with the create a wrestler onlien feature there really is no reason to care about the roster since 90% of the time you can download the perfect person you are looking for. Personally i don't even use the roster given and download a ton of indy wrestlers to use.

If Hogan was a name that still sells than TNA would be in a better position then they are. You need to take the fanboy blinders off and realize these things.

Or, and stick with me on this one. They are trying to sell the main feature in the game which features Hogan and Warrior. Honestly with the create a wrestler onlien feature there really is no reason to care about the roster since 90% of the time you can download the perfect person you are looking for. Personally i don't even use the roster given and download a ton of indy wrestlers to use.

If Hogan was a name that still sells than TNA would be in a better position then they are. You need to take the fanboy blinders off and realize these things.

That's not true because Ecw and wwe was on spike an also did poor as well even in the wwe attitude era...

create a wrestler, in no way is the same as having the official wrestler on the game.

your missing moves call names. not only that the caw models have not been updated for like the last five games.

yes and they needed Hulk Hogan for that mode

THQ owed WWE money because THQ was poor and had to get money to produce the games...

it's kind of like the movie business if you make a movie and the movie makes money you can use that money to make the next movie. but if you keep on making movies that or not making the money you go out of business

^ That's what all fans of THQ want to admit/say but then the gameplay is almost the same as last years, just with upgraded graphics. Don't expect anything good from THQ.... I've stopped since Wrestlemania 19* and Smackdown vs Raw 2008. And why should Hogan accept a lower paycheck for the sake of the rest of the TNA roster? That is illogical to even come up with. Do you want Hogan to be insulted with the amount of money or do you want him to atleast perform to a high standards to atest to how much money he receives?

I'm not a fan of THQ at all, they have pissed me off and ever since WWE 13 and their shit customer service, I've wished them painful death. THe gameplay is worse than last year's, I think.

Why should he be paid high amount of money for doing almost nothin for the company? This is a business - if Hogan wants to be paid a lot, he has to deliver. Paying him tons of money when he's barely earning TNA anything is far more illogical. I'd rather he be insulted with low amount of money to keep TNA alive than be paid a lot for doing nothing. If he did perform to high standards in correlation to the money he gets or got, then I would not mind him being paid a lot. If TNA earned tons of revenues and ratings because of him, then I'd say the money was well spent. However, it's a waste of money when or if he doesn't help out TNA much and even harms it with his bad ideas.

If you can show me that Hogan deserves the amount of money he gets, then cool. Until then, I personally think it's a waste.

not cm punk.

Hulk Hogan is NOT the reason why the games haven't been selling. The games haven't been selling because they're not good. Hogan being in the game won't make the games sell better if they're not good. WWE 13 would still have failed even with Hogan because the gameplay was bad, it was buggy, and there were problems with the game. Unless Hogan can magically remove all problems and add the things we need, the addition won't change much. Besides, 2k14 is focused more on Undertaker and Rock than Hogan.

Look at who's on the cover of the regular game, and to whom the special edition is dedicated to.

not cm punk.

#1. The WWE games sold well, despite what you'd like others to believe.

#2. They owe WWE because of the money that remains in the contract that WWE had to opt out of, because THQ went bankrupt.

#3. The fact that WWE were among THQ's highest selling video games, its NOT the reason they went bankrupt.

#4. The investment in the Udraw which got cancelled and THQ's dependence in movie licensed games IS the reason they went bankrupt.

And #5. The success of the WWE video game franchise does not depend on Hulk Hogan. You say the current roster doesn't sell. All 2k and WWE has to do is put John Cena in the commercials and the games will sell with the current audience more than anything Hogan related.

Sorry we gotta burst your bubble, bruh.

not cm punk.

#2. They owe WWE because of the money that remains in the contract that WWE had to opt out of, because THQ went bankrupt.

#3. The fact that WWE were among THQ's highest selling video games, its NOT the reason they went bankrupt.

#4. The investment in the Udraw which got cancelled and THQ's dependence in movie licensed games IS the reason they went bankrupt.

And #5. The success of the WWE video game franchise does not depend on Hulk Hogan. You say the current roster doesn't sell. All 2k and WWE has to do is put John Cena in the commercials and the games will sell with the current audience more than anything Hogan related.

Hate to burst your bubble but the current wwe audience is not near as big as the wwe audience was 15 years ago..John Cena has made more people stop watching wrestling. then he ever got to watch it. I stoped watching around 2007 when all the fans were booing John Cena yet wwe still

wanted to push him on ever one. Fyi if want people to take you seriously don't use a profile picture of a child molester

You're acting like Hogan is the selling point of the game, when like Paulie said, The Rock is the one on the cover and the Undertaker is the one who has a special edition of the game. And wrestling is as strong as ever but we live in a age where Nielsen ratings are really obsolete and a lot of media is consumed online which isn't accounted for in viewership. WWE is still selling merch like crazy, selling out arena's and touring more than they ever did. You can even say at this point WWE is over-saturated the market.

And as much as you don't want to admit it Cena is a household name, along with CM Punk.

M3J said the cover thing, I mentioned Cena. :-P

not cm punk.

Hate to burst your bubble but the current wwe audience is not near as big as the wwe audience was 15 years ago..John Cena has made more people stop watching wrestling. then he ever got to watch it. I stoped watching around 2007 when all the fans were booing John Cena yet wwe still

wanted to push him on ever one. Fyi if want people to take you seriously don't use a profile picture of a child molester

Majority of the people on this forum I conversate with take me seriously, because they're adult enough to realize that whatever we're discussing, it has nothing to do with Michael Jackson. :lol:

If you want people to take YOU seriously, you should learn to keep your personal opinions about things that are off topic, to yourself, especially when it goes against all of facts regarding said situation.

Is there any proof John Cena made people stop watching wrestling? You can't blame one man alone, especially when there are so many other wrestlers and segments without Cena. Besides, Cena's this era's Hulk Hogan - both play good guys who try to do right regardless of circumstances and are role model to kids. Main difference is Hulk was in an era where being a superhero was accepted by people of all ages.

Archived