Update: Hulk Hogan Staying With TNA

After The Rain

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Or perhaps this was being done all along and the dirtsheet which said WWE made him a low offer really wasn't true at all...

If you watched the episode where he quit, you could've seen this coming. No way were TNA just going to let that storyline fade away with little or no explanation as to why.

Unfortunate that TNA's front office finds him so valuable but this isn't surprising in the least bit.

You people are taking this way too seriously. You don't have to like Hogan but come on now you all are using that same old shit that almost everyone who didn't like Hogan *the ones who didn't become successful or if they did became bitter*, used. This is a business, therefore people will do what it takes to get ahead. Triple HHH did it, Shawn Michaels did it, Andre the Giant did and Hogan did it, I don't really see the problem here.

No one complained about the things Michaels did to people that weren't about of his group back in the days, so why the double-standard for Hogan? Hogan said that the majority of the TNA roster wouldn't be on his level back in the 80's *Whilst he was a heel in TNA some years ago*. Could you honestly say he was wrong for saying that even if it wasn't him actually saying it in a live interview? I don't think anyone of you could argue that fact that what he said was wrong because the fact of the matter is, he's right. Hell even most of the WWE couldn't lace his boots. Even when Hogan was becoming stale and started to get booed by the Royal Rumble in 1992, he still managed to get some of his best receptions to date.

Now I know this is sounding like my usual "I'm a Hulk Hogan fan so get ready for me to defend him to the fullest" schtick but in all seriousness, no one can argue that what i'm implying here isn't atleast correct. Hogan played the game to the fullest and as a result he is still here. Ric Flair did the same thing yet no one says things about him *minus the "old flopping around like a fish" comments*.

Well because when Micheals was doing this in WWF he was in his 20's, was in his prime, and was something totally diffrent. Hogan right now is 60 years old, 30 years past his prime and there is a roster of talent that offers a shit ton more than he does at a much cheaper price.

Doesn't matter if he was 40, he still did it. And honestly just because you have a much younger roster who does it for a cheaper price, doesn't mean that they are good.

It does matter though. People paid to see Shawn Micheals. When he was on top there legitmatly was noone better on the roster. He and Bret ushered ina era where the smaller wrestler can succeed. He was the top star, and when he got older and matured he was still in the spotlight but was using his position to help other people. Hogan at this time does not add one single thing to this show. He can't wrestle worth a damn and his name isn't doing anything. All he is doing is earning a paycheck, and a big paycheck that TNA could use better elsewhere. The name Hulk Hogan in 2013 doesn't mean anything.

Honestly I don't think WWE offered Hogan anything because they simple have no need for Hogan.

I dont blame the E for making a weak offer, Hogan isn't gonna be able to pull off a decent match, he says he has 1 more left in him but he cant bump anymore, not without causing serious harm to himself, I dont think he'll pass a WWE physical

Hogan doesn't need to wrestle to be useful in WWE, there are plenty of other ways without getting into a match, most preferably via talking and supporting a wrestler like Bryan.

Hey guys, just wanna throw this in here...

HULK HOGAN-TNA UPDATE
By Mike Johnson on 2013-10-15 19:00:34

As a follow-up to my article on Hulk Hogan earlier today, PWInsider.com has confirmed with sources on both sides that no deal has been signed between TNA and Hulk Hogan.

So, Hogan remains a free agent.

Source: PWInsider http://www.pwinsider.com/article/80926/hulk-hogantna-update.html?p=1

HULK HOGAN-TNA UPDATE

As a follow-up to my article on Hulk Hogan earlier today, PWInsider.com has confirmed with sources on both sides that no deal has been signed between TNA and Hulk Hogan.

Source: PWInsider http://www.pwinsider.com/article/80926/hulk-hogantna-update.html?p=1

Good.

HULK HOGAN-TNA UPDATE

Phew........

Honestly I don't think WWE offered Hogan anything because they simple have no need for Hogan.

So why is it that 2k paid to have Hulk Hogan in the game this year...because they know wwe current roster".. can't sell it

Or they put him in the game because the theme is "30 years of Wrestlemania"...

Just a thought

So why is it that 2k paid to have Hulk Hogan in the game this year...because they know wwe current roster".. can't sell it

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Turnthepagecomics/370399103093229

Uhmm, what?

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Turnthepagecomics/370399103093229

Uhmm, what? wwe current roster".. can't sell a wwe video game

This is what you said

There are lots of other Wrestlers in 30 Years of Wrestlemania mode, Saying Hogan was paid because the current roster can't sell is ridiculous.

This is what you said

There are lots of other Wrestlers in 30 Years of Wrestlemania mode, Saying Hogan was paid because the current roster can't sell is ridiculous.

Cory ledesma stated a few times if they couldn't get Hulk Hogan, that they were not going to make this game a wrestlemania theme game

Still, Hogan will always be useful in whatever situation he will be given. (GM Role, please...)

Anyone could do that role for so much less.

This is what you said

Cory ledesma stated a few times if they couldn't get Hulk Hogan, that they were not going to make this game a wrestlemania theme game

Thats because he had so many huge Maina moments years ago.

For 30 Years of Wrestlemania and nothing else.

Still, Hogan will always be useful in whatever situation he will be given. (GM Role, please...)

In TNA? He shouldn't be with TNA unless he accepts a much smaller paycheck. THat's the main problem I have with him signing with TNA - the cost of having his name at little gain.

Besides, Hogan is better off with WWE.

That's because Hogan is one of the most important player in Wrestlemania. He played a big part in its success and is associated with many historic moments, like "first time" lifting Andre and the start (?) of Rock 'N' Wrestling era. There's no way anyone can deny Hogan was one of the most vital pieces for Wrestlemania and for WWE.

it has nothing to do with the game failing. That's more because of THQ/the game itself than the roster. I can bet you that with a great gameplay and content, the game would be a huge success even if Hogan was not in any way mentioned.

^ That's what all fans of THQ want to admit/say but then the gameplay is almost the same as last years, just with upgraded graphics. Don't expect anything good from THQ.... I've stopped since Wrestlemania 19* and Smackdown vs Raw 2008. And why should Hogan accept a lower paycheck for the sake of the rest of the TNA roster? That is illogical to even come up with. Do you want Hogan to be insulted with the amount of money or do you want him to atleast perform to a high standards to atest to how much money he receives?

(* - game)

THQ doesn't even make the game anymore. And I don't think anyone are fans of them. And if Hogan wasn't in this years game, it still would've sold well, just like it did last year, and the year before last and the year before that.

So saying Hogan is in this year simply because the current roster couldnt sell is 100% wrong and a retarded statement to make.

THQ doesn't even make the game anymore. And I don't think anyone are fans of them. And if Hogan wasn't in this years game, it still would've sold well, just like it did last year, and the year before last and the year before that.

So saying Hogan is in this year simply because the current roster couldnt sell is 100% wrong and a retarded statement to make.

No the games have not been selling. thats why THQ owed $45 million dollars

to WWE. it also one of the many reason they are no longer in business.

most people outside of wrestling don't know who people like cm punk is or care

ever one knows who Hulk Hogan is he's like what Muhammad Ali is to the fight night games

casual fans will pick the game up because of guys like Hulk Hogan and the Macho man.

not cm punk.

the fact that 2k is using ultimate warrior to promo

for the new game shows me how much faith they have in the current roster....

Archived