Roster locked down in March

Hylton

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just wonder how long we'll have to wait for the confirmation of DLC.

That's the big question. It's been perfectly explained as to WHY certain people won't be in the game; the fact that some people want to ignore that is irrelevant.

As it stands, the only person on the current roster I REALLY want is Big E. I hate Fandango and Curtis Axel is bland as bland can be, so neither of them are really important for me. The Usos would be nice, but not a deal breaker. Everything else is a bonus after Big E.

I don't understand how they can have so much of Wrestlemania 29 in the game, which was in april, and lock down the roster in march.

Because characters take a long-ass time to make. Three months to make. Now take into consideration they start in November on the game, and they probably have all the models done by August so they can make sure they all work correctly (seeing as how the game is pressed around early October). That means one guy can make three characters by himself. That means it takes about 25 guys to get the whole roster done. Thats a lot of people working on one project.

Arenas use pretty much the same models with different textures on them. The same cannot be said about the character models.

I just wonder how long we'll have to wait for the confirmation of DLC.

That's the big question. It's been perfectly explained as to WHY certain people won't be in the game; the fact that some people want to ignore that is irrelevant.

As it stands, the only person on the current roster I REALLY want is Big E. I hate Fandango and Curtis Axel is bland as bland can be, so neither of them are really important for me. The Usos would be nice, but not a deal breaker. Everything else is a bonus after Big E.

Well its pretty why guys like Benoit, Owen, Wyatts, RVD wont be in but the others?

You know, I always get a bit teary eyed over the mention of Chris Benoit in a post about including him in WWE 2K14 due to the obvious reasons. I once created my own federation in S V R 2006 based on him and Eddie's move set, but others put in as CAWs and it was a wild card of fun. A month before he passed away in June of 2007, I for some random reason tracked down a VHS copy of that crappy pay-per-view from around 2000 where he won the WCW belt. Although that reign amounted to bugger all and was the start of a forerunner to the end of WCW, I still wanted to see it anyway, as it's still considered his first world title run before he won the 'big gold belt' once more in 2004. Even YouTube at the time did not yield an upload of him and Sid Vicious. I'd never seen it before and being a Benoit fan, I gave him the go ahead to carry on Eddie's legacy. When Eddie died, I was gutted. GUTTED! My favourite amigo, deceased and never to entertain anyone again. At the time, I thought of Benoit's honesty and passion, also being his best friend and I was like, I'll rely on him to carry on his legacy through the years. In a sad way, I felt let down that day I logged on to WWE.com and saw the haunting announcement. But I am not mad about it anymore. I don't hate the now jailed musician Phil Spector (from '50s group 'The Teddy Bears' either). I hate him for what he did also, yeah, but there is much appreciation from myself for his music and in Chris' case, for contributing to pro wrestling in his lifetime. I think a lot of people harshly blame Benoit for what happened, which is not fair. They are not really diagnostic folk that know the sacrifices that come with a job as a wrestler. I also like people to be remembered for the positive things they did and not the mistakes that branded them a f*ck up. :(

However, I appreciate all he did for the industry while he was busting his ass (and brain cells) for the very profession he loved and it is sad how WWE has blanked him, although again I do not really feel I can hate WWE for such actions due to what transpired. It sucks he and Eddie are gone, but I can always create an original CAW that uses their moves in memory of them both.

Daniel Bryan actually reminds me of a young CB. He has had his fair share of career threatening injuries just as Chris did. Not many people know this, but Daniel is practically blind in one eye. His retina detached once, yet he risks losing his sight completely for to keep us entertained. His often retitled submission finisher sort of looks like the Crippler Cross face and he also does a diving head butt and various suplex chains that Chris based his repertoire around, so I think guys like him are keeping Chris' legacy alive even if it's not referenced at all. :)

Edited 4 spelling!

I don't understand how they can have so much of Wrestlemania 29 in the game, which was in april, and lock down the roster in march.

Because characters take a long-ass time to make. Three months to make

Arenas use pretty much the same models with different textures on them. The same cannot be said about the character models.

Well maybe they should change the character model process then. So are you of the belief they start everyone from scratch every single year....because 3 quarters if the roster have the exact same model they had last year, 2 years ago or even 3 in some cases. Most to me look like just a new textured added to the attire.

Look at Dolph this year and tell me that's a new model..nope it's a retexture, they could even give him his new boot (had since Mania 28) they just textured over his wwe 13 gear.

Keep jumpng to their defence all you want but it's a load of BS they say they run out of time when most of the roster have just been retextured.

Saying they need to hold things off for DLC is also garbage, DLC should only be started one the entire production is completed not 6 months before release.

You know, I always get a bit teary eyed over the mention of Chris Benoit in a post about including him in WWE 2K14 due to the obvious reasons. I once created my own federation in S V R 2006 based on him and Eddie's move set, but others put in as CAWs and it was a wild card of fun. A month before he passed away in June of 2007, I for some random reason tracked down a VHS copy of that crappy pay-per-view from around 2000 where he won the WCW belt. Although that reign amounted to bugger all and was the start of a forerunner to the end of WCW, I still wanted to see it anyway, as it's still considered his first world title run before he won the 'big gold belt' once more in 2004.

Kevin Nash's post match comments about him getting a title shot on Nitro the next night.

Archived