Roster locked down in March

Hylton

Ah, I can sort of agree with Corey. However, I think the DLC thing was a done deal anyway. Every year we get some sort of DLC like this based around guys they could not put in the final product. Ryback debuted in April, but was DLC in 2012. So I reckon Fandango and Summer Rae are top of the DLC list. Keep in mind, Summer would be a manager.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a feeling they won't be doing another game that features so many legends.

And replace them with who? Look, these are the guys who are on the current roster who didn't make the game:

Big E Langston

Jimmy Uso

Jey Uso

Luke Harper

Erik Rowan

Fandango

Curtis Axel

Primo

Epico

Yoshi Tatsu

Alex Riley

Tyson Kidd

Hunico

Camicho

Ezekiel Jackson

Curt Hawkins

Evan Bourne

JTG

That's a whopping 18 guys. Eleven of them aren't featured on TV and five of them had their first matches after the cut off date. The other two (The Usos) are probably being saved for the Total Divas DLC pack. Is it sneaky of them to do that? Yeah, it is. But companies do that all the time. Even so, The Usos have not been major players on TV in forever. They have a few wins and many more losses, and they'd be lucky to be DLC.

has this been confirmed?

I have a feeling they won't be doing another game that features so many legends.

And replace them with who? Look, these are the guys who are on the current roster who didn't make the game:

Big E Langston

Jimmy Uso

Jey Uso

Luke Harper

Erik Rowan

Fandango

Curtis Axel

Primo

Epico

Yoshi Tatsu

Alex Riley

Tyson Kidd

Hunico

Camicho

Ezekiel Jackson

Curt Hawkins

Evan Bourne

JTG

That's a whopping 18 guys. Eleven of them aren't featured on TV and five of them had their first matches after the cut off date. The other two (The Usos) are probably being saved for the Total Divas DLC pack. Is it sneaky of them to do that? Yeah, it is. But companies do that all the time. Even so, The Usos have not been major players on TV in forever. They have a few wins and many more losses, and they'd be lucky to be DLC.

has this been confirmed?

no, but would you put it past WWE to call up 2K and say "Hey, make one of the DLC packs the 'Total Divas pack'" just to help promote that show?

I think the cut off thing is nonsense. It does make sense at some point. But if u try to remember I think it was wwe12 where sin Cara debuted and they said they had to work extra hard on him cause he debuted late. I know its only one guy so it can be added as an exception. But with Kharma, she debuted around 2011 or something and they said they couldn't add her because she debuted late but they booked her for next year's DLC!! Doesn't that show they set dlc way before even working on them. So its not about cut off dates. Its all about who the company wants in the game. Kharma never wrestled, yet she had a move set. They made a moveset without her fighting in the ring.

They decide early who is going to b dlc and who is going to make it in the game. They add a few new guys every year. This time its 5 so th others will be dlc, I wanted fandango but I knw how business works. We as consumers would think its pathetic to add him as payable dlc, but the company won't mind u calling them names bcuz by the end of the day, sum people will pay.

Big E Langston and Fandango..tell me, how many matches did they have before 'Mania again? Surely they should have been in based on those...

Cherry picking, nice. And you and Corey never said matches, you both stated "featured heavily". Fandango had a huge debut, loads of hype, Big E was in a program with ziggler, huge debut vs Cena. Maddox is a prime example of debuting but not having many matches, yet he was featured heavily in the punk/Ryback storyline. All three we're featured heavily from November to March.

When Fandango & Big E. debuted people here stated they'd be DLC, The Usos where tossed in for more DLC; quite frankly I don't see what they could have given us as DLC if Fandango, Big E. Langston and The Usos weren't DLC. Curtis Axel/The Wyats and RVD have no chance in hell of being DLC for this game.

When Fandango & Big E. debuted people here stated they'd be DLC, The Usos where tossed in for more DLC; quite frankly I don't see what they could have given us as DLC if Fandango, Big E. Langston and The Usos weren't DLC. Curtis Axel/The Wyats and RVD have no chance in hell of being DLC for this game.

Mick Foley returned to WWE in November 2012 and they were able to get him as DLC for WWE '12. There's no excuse as to why RVD, Axel & The Wyatts should NOT be DLC.

Since people are talking DLC I'll post my 2 cents on it.

It should be started after the game is produced.

It should be created to enhance a game not complete it.

It should be cheap... ish...

With all of that said... the WWE franchise does it wrong imo. But they're not the only one.

In terms of the WWE DLC, I see no reason why guys like Axel, Wyatt etc... can't be in the game barring a general consensus of cba or "wait until next year - we need something to sell the same game again" and I'll explain why:

The last DLC pack usually comes around in January. They say it takes approximately 3 months to create a model. January is 3 months later than this games launch date so anyone who debuts between now and the launch should stand some sort of chance though they blatantly don't. In terms of someone specific like Wyatt - he wrestled on NXT for a while under the new gimmick so his moveset can be plucked from there and he debutted in July on RAW with a massive wave of hype behind him (vignettes started in May).

Mick Foley returned to WWE in November 2012 and they were able to get him as DLC for WWE '12. There's no excuse as to why RVD, Axel & The Wyatts should NOT be DLC.

If they just made every one in the game what would they expect from fans to buy the next game. They have to have some new guys in the new game.

If they just made every one in the game what would they expect from fans to buy the next game. They have to have some new guys in the new game.

There will be new guys around Wrestlemania next year...

Big E Langston and Fandango..tell me, how many matches did they have before 'Mania again? Surely they should have been in based on those...

Cherry picking, nice. And you and Corey never said matches, you both stated "featured heavily". Fandango had a huge debut, loads of hype, Big E was in a program with ziggler, huge debut vs Cena. Maddox is a prime example of debuting but not having many matches, yet he was featured heavily in the punk/Ryback storyline. All three we're featured heavily from November to March.

But he hadn't wrestled on TV. What was 2k supposed to do, just go with the NXT gimmicks and movesets? Think about it, man.

I'd say the only reason Kharma was included in the game two years ago was because she was GOING to be featured, but couldn't be for obvious reasons.

Archived