Roster locked down in March

Hylton

Cory Ledesma ?@RealCoryLedesma 7h

Folks, the roster has to get locked down in March in order to get the game done in time. Lot of debuts since then. That's why we have DLC.

Expand

So there. It's official. The reason guys like Fandango, Big E Langston, RVD, The Wyatts, Curtis Axel and others aren't on there is because they weren't on TV or heavily featured on TV until after the cutoff date.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So what on earth do they do between March and November, gameplay only has tweaks each year. Hopefully some upgrades to Universe and CAS but I'm not holding my breath.

I guess they get the current roster out of the way and then work on the legends mode, should do it other way round

So what on earth do they do between March and November, gameplay only has tweaks each year. Hopefully some upgrades to Universe and CAS but I'm not holding my breath.

I guess they get the current roster out of the way and then work on the legends mode, should do it other way round

how long do u think it takes to create the arenas im assumeing around the same time as the wrestlers added story mode it takes time

and he only said that the roster gets locked down in march they prob start creating the wrestler after it gets lock down sense they cant do it before hand

how long do u think it takes to create the arenas im assumeing around the same time as the wrestlers added story mode it takes time

and he only said that the roster gets locked down in march they prob start creating the wrestler after it gets lock down sense they cant do it before hand

Zero chance they make the current roster AFTER Wrestlemania, why does everyone have an attire from 2012 then?

@Da prophet2.0

You make it sound like one guy works on everything and has to do one thing at a time. They have different staff for different jobs and I can say with almost certainty that the guys who make the arenas do not also make the roster and vice versa. I'm sure some guys work on both but for the main part I'm pretty sure it would be seperate people working on seperate aspects.

On a side note. I find it funny that the roster is locked down before Wrestlemania... the biggest PPV of the year. Just sounds dumb. I mean come-on... the biggest event on the Wrestling calendar, the thing that changes things, and we cut things off before then? XD.

If they'd just put in a full roster each year then these "debuts" wouldn't be excluded bar those who actually debut/re-debut. By this I mean that if a guy like Axel was created anyway (under the McGillicutty persona), regardless of TV time we'd actually have him on the roster if and when he actually recieves a damn push he'd be in the game... and all they would have to do is rename him. In this scenario, DLC would be fine for a guy like RVD who wouldn't be created as he wasn't even on the pay-roll back then.

@Da prophet2.0

You make it sound like one guy works on everything and has to do one thing at a time. They have different staff for different jobs and I can say with almost certainty that the guys who make the arenas do not also make the roster and vice versa. I'm sure some guys work on both but for the main part I'm pretty sure it would be seperate people working on seperate aspects.

On a side note. I find it funny that the roster is locked down before Wrestlemania... the biggest PPV of the year. Just sounds dumb. I mean come-on... the biggest event on the Wrestling calendar, the thing that changes things, and we cut things off before then? XD.

If they'd just put in a full roster each year then these "debuts" wouldn't be excluded bar those who actually debut/re-debut. By this I mean that if a guy like Axel was created anyway (under the McGillicutty persona), regardless of TV time we'd actually have him on the roster if and when he actually recieves a damn push he'd be in the game... and all they would have to do is rename him. In this scenario, DLC would be fine for a guy like RVD who wouldn't be created as he wasn't even on the pay-roll back then.

well to be fair we don't no how big yukes team is im only going by what they said that it take I believe 3 to 4 months to create one guy

well to be fair we don't no how big yukes team is im only going by what they said that it take I believe 3 to 4 months to create one guy

Don't believe everything a PR guy tells you. That said, I wouldn't be suprised if it took that long but again they don't just make one model at a time. Otherwise we'd have a 4-man roster by that logic.

It's not 3 months of solidly working on one guy - it's 3 months of working on loads of guys which is great... but complete the damn roster before adding all of the extra bells & whistles.

The problem is that they create all (well most) of the people that were "on TV" (i.e. RAW) at the time of the cut-off and ignore everyone else, not anticipating the fact that the world of wrestling is ever-changing and as such people will be pushed between March and the release date in October... that's 7 months for crying out loud.

I'll agree, we don't know how big the Yukes team is... but it's not going to consist of a few guys in a room now is it... Otherwise the credits at the end of the game would be 10secs long.

Zero chance they make the current roster AFTER Wrestlemania, why does everyone have an attire from 2012 then?

because they dont get to march and THEN start creating people for the game. it often appears to be that the dead certs for the game are made first (late 2012), its always been the way that some of the lower roster has had more recent attires and this is exactly why. the 'march to november' thing someone above mentioned is irrelevant , march is the cutoff for the on disc roster, as much for logistical reasons as anything.

in the game a character needs at least 2 entrance announcements, then cole and king commentate on them. as wwe is constantly on the road, theres only going to be so many times they can all get together at once. 2k games is apparently based in new york, and wwe was in new york in march. i dont think thats any coincidence. the year before, thq was in california, and wwe was there a similar time of year.

therefore its pretty obvious why some people arent in the roster. presumably they do another VO session later in the year, when wwe is back in town for the dlc stuff.

Cory Ledesma ?@RealCoryLedesma 7h

Folks, the roster has to get locked down in March in order to get the game done in time. Lot of debuts since then. That's why we have DLC.

Expand

So there. It's official. The reason guys like Fandango, Big E Langston, RVD, The Wyatts, Curtis Axel and others aren't on there is because they weren't on TV or heavily featured on TV until after the cutoff date.

No, March is an estimated cut off date; there are and there has been numerous exceptions. And FYI, the Uso's, Maddox, Dallas, Fandango and Big E were all featured heavily before March, some way back in November.

I'm guessing they just wanted to wait for the likes of Fandango, Big E, and even in the case of like The Bellas, to have matches before they put them in the game to see if they needed to add anything specific to their moveset. Fandango would require a good amount of mo-cap to look accurate.

because they dont get to march and THEN start creating people for the game. it often appears to be that the dead certs for the game are made first (late 2012), its always been the way that some of the lower roster has had more recent attires and this is exactly why. the 'march to november' thing someone above mentioned is irrelevant , march is the cutoff for the on disc roster, as much for logistical reasons as anything.

in the game a character needs at least 2 entrance announcements, then cole and king commentate on them. as wwe is constantly on the road, theres only going to be so many times they can all get together at once. 2k games is apparently based in new york, and wwe was in new york in march. i dont think thats any coincidence. the year before, thq was in california, and wwe was there a similar time of year.

therefore its pretty obvious why some people arent in the roster. presumably they do another VO session later in the year, when wwe is back in town for the dlc stuff.

The "march-to-november" thing isn't irrelevant. My point was that if they actually made the people who wern't on TV at the cut-off... they would actually be in the game in the event of said person getting TV time... so no... it's not irrelevant.

Case in point - Curtis Axel a.k.a Michael McGillicutty. Employed and on pay-roll... wrestling on all shows except RAW & Smackdown and got The Rock match ready for Wrestlemania.

And before people start... I'm not suggesting that they make guys like Kassius Ohno or Corey Graves because they've only ever been on NXT (even though it is televised here in the UK). But someone like Curtis Axel, Fandango, Tyson Kidd, The Bella Twins (who returned in March for the record) etc... should have had models made (under their old personas in the case of Axel & Fandango - though Fandango was actually involved heavily on TV anyway so there really is no excuse).

I have a feeling they won't be doing another game that features so many legends.

And replace them with who? Look, these are the guys who are on the current roster who didn't make the game:

Big E Langston

Jimmy Uso

Jey Uso

Luke Harper

Erik Rowan

Fandango

Curtis Axel

Primo

Epico

Yoshi Tatsu

Alex Riley

Tyson Kidd

Hunico

Camicho

Ezekiel Jackson

Curt Hawkins

Evan Bourne

JTG

That's a whopping 18 guys. Eleven of them aren't featured on TV and five of them had their first matches after the cut off date. The other two (The Usos) are probably being saved for the Total Divas DLC pack. Is it sneaky of them to do that? Yeah, it is. But companies do that all the time. Even so, The Usos have not been major players on TV in forever. They have a few wins and many more losses, and they'd be lucky to be DLC.

So why is zack ryder and David otunga in the game then?

*are. Why "are" they in the game. And they "are" in the game because they're both very marketable stars that the WWE uses on promotional stuff, fan meet and greets and media outlets.

Archived