Grand Theft Auto Series

Intentz™

It's pretty easy for me to escape them as well most of the time (online, cuz my cars are waay faster than anything they got). I often hide around random tall shrubbery MGS style or under overpasses in the shadows. For low stars like 3 & 4 at least, I can't even remember the last time I got to 5 stars in GTA 5. Must've been on Xbox some time last year.

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone else feel like San Andreas did not age well at all?

The graphics are absolutely horrid, even for a PS2 game.

Well I'd imagine they wouldn't have been able to fit the entire game on a single disc if they tried to make the graphics too good. Especially in San Andreas.

Speaking of the PS2 games, what if Rockstar made all 3 PS2 era maps available for online fun? As well as giving us the tools to customize online player models to look like any character who appeared in any of those games. (Main Character, supporting roles/enemies and pedestrians)

and of course you could change their clothes however you wish,

Oh and this DLC would make all the memorable vehicles (yes including the Jet pack from San Andreas) become available to use on their respective maps, as well as being able to bring them over to the others simply by selecting from a list of stored cars that you previously saved while playing on the other maps after purchasing garages on those maps.

Hope that made sense. but yeah who would want that?

Well I'd imagine they wouldn't have been able to fit the entire game on a single disc if they tried to make the graphics too good. Especially in San Andreas.

Speaking of the PS2 games, what if Rockstar made all 3 PS2 era maps available for online fun? As well as giving us the tools to customize online player models to look like any character who appeared in any of those games. (Main Character, supporting roles/enemies and pedestrians)

Oh and this DLC would make all the memorable vehicles (yes including the Jet pack from San Andreas) become available to use on their respective maps, as well as being able to bring them over to the others simply by selecting from a list of stored cars that you previously saved while playing on the other maps after purchasing garages on those maps.

Who wouldn't want that?

But it won't likely happen since we are talking about a whole new game basically

Sounds like an entirely new game actually. It would be cool to have some kind of San Andreas Anniversary game. If they remade it like that, it would be epic not only to play as remastered characters like CJ, Sweet, pedestrians etc., but to freely customize their clothes, etc. kind of like a character creation feature. They should include all the pedestrians/gang members from the original SA like this one for example:

AvTvFzN.jpg

characters etc. from underwear up like CJ. Unfortunately, the chances of it happening are kind of unlikely lol, but it would be epic!

Rockstar is envisaging a future Grand Theft Auto title that combines all of the series' past cities and allows the player to "fly" between them, according to an interview with Digital Trends.

In the interview, Grand Theft Auto series producer and head of Rockstar North Leslie Benzies talked about the legacy of Grand Theft Auto: Vice City 10 years on, and revealed the developer's hopes for the future of the franchise:

"Of course, at some point we would like to have one big world containing all our cities, and let the player fly between them and revisit their favourite areas; and in that context, re-imagining Vice City would be very interesting," Benzies said in the interview.

Link: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/rockstar-dreaming-of-gta-title-combining-all-cities-in-the-franchise-report/1100-6401593/

This is from 2012 so I'd say anythings possible. Also I could be wrong but I believe GTA online is it's own universe anyway. We already know Niko is available to use despite the main story claiming he's dead so that keeps it possible, and Claude is as well despite being from a different universe.

So I'd assume GTA online will only continue to evolve into something that has the main games map as well as others like the PS2 era ones, More past characters and maybe even go as far as letting us customize our own maps one day.

Rockstar is envisaging a future Grand Theft Auto title that combines all of the series' past cities and allows the player to "fly" between them, according to an interview with Digital Trends.

In the interview, Grand Theft Auto series producer and head of Rockstar North Leslie Benzies talked about the legacy of Grand Theft Auto: Vice City 10 years on, and revealed the developer's hopes for the future of the franchise:

"Of course, at some point we would like to have one big world containing all our cities, and let the player fly between them and revisit their favourite areas; and in that context, re-imagining Vice City would be very interesting," Benzies said in the interview.

Link: http://www.gamespot.com/articles/rockstar-dreaming-of-gta-title-combining-all-cities-in-the-franchise-report/1100-6401593/

This is from 2012 so I'd say anythings possible. Also I could be wrong but I believe GTA online is it's own universe anyway. We already know Niko is available to use despite the main story claiming he's dead so that keeps it possible, and Claude is as well despite being from a different universe.

So I'd assume GTA online will only continue to evolve into something that has the main games map as well as others like the PS2 era ones, More past characters and maybe even go as far as letting us customize our own maps one day.

Well if The Crew can do what they did, I'm sure Rockstar can do 100x better.

Although The Crew is just racing, going to Miami, New York, Vegas and California in one sitting felt pretty badass,

Body morphing is still something I'm waiting for, hopefully they'll allow us to build characters from pedestrians & not just scratch like it is now. Tired of everyone looking identical body wise & stuff. :/

GTA online is in the same canon as GTA 4 and GTA 5. Online takes place before the events of 5. In the same mission that Lester mentions Niko, he also mentions the Online guy by saying "I've been working with someone... but he's too unpredictable"

With it taking place before they should've had

Johnny

make appearances in Online

Have all 50 spaceship parts collected and all 30 nuclear waste barrels found. Now im working on the 50 letter scraps. Such a pain...

All of that for a 100% t-shirt doesn't make it worth the stress of having to collect it all honestly. Infinite ammo, play as peds, & other class options like riot mode & turning off wanted level etc. would have been fun.

Have all 50 spaceship parts collected and all 30 nuclear waste barrels found. Now im working on the 50 letter scraps. Such a pain...

All of that for a 100% t-shirt doesn't make it worth the stress of having to collect it all honestly. Infinite ammo, play as peds, & other class options like riot mode & turning off wanted level etc. would have been fun.

I didn't even know you got a shirt, I was just doing it to 100% the game :lol:

I managed to get all the letter scraps and spaceship parts on last gen, but not doing it all over again lol. I'm at like.. 70.3% currently, already finished Michael's '?' missions, and eliminated his creepy psychologist with a sticky bomb. got 2 more '?' missions for Franklin, and 1 '?' for Trevor.

I'm just doing police chases and randomly shooting folk for fun now lol, been wasted lots of times.. but haven't been busted yet. Trying to avoid that this time round heh.

Any word on whether or not the new DLC weapons will be available for everyone to use? I so want that rail gun!

Any word on whether or not the new DLC weapons will be available for everyone to use? I so want that rail gun!

Finish Minor Turbulence

I'm talking about the DLC weapons that people got when it released. I got my GTA V copy in a PS4 bundle at Christmas, wasn't able to get it on release day.

I really wish they'd improved their servers for next gen. It takes so *censored*ing long to join an activity and half the time you time out or fail to join.

Yeah, that's so annoying. Just when I was starting to like online mode lol. Don't think I'll be touching this until they fix their servers.

Archived