Grand Theft Auto Series

Intentz™

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GTA V is undoubtedly the best overall video-game I've ever played myself. I reserved a special place for it prior to its release date, I knew it would surpass IV as a game.

Sinnerman: Are you talking about the repetitiveness of VC or stuff like the way the cars handle, the control system being awkward/off for you etc?

I think the driving was alright, and the missions were pretty good. I thought the driving on IV sucked at first, but once I got used to it it was decent. Player movement on VC and SA was more responsive, but too much, like too sensitive. Reflexes were too fast. I've just got up and can't find the best words to use, but for example, fighting the cops in the middle of the street, the way your player moves about, physics, the aiming system and camera are all really crap compared the newer ones. It seems too arcadey I guess?

The map on Vice City was shit too. Even at the time I thought it was very lacking. Not being able to swim and climb sucks. NPC's are really stupid. Some animations suck, like punch someone and they just hit the deck like they've been sniped.

I don't wanna be too harsh to it, because obviously it was good at the time, but it's not very good anymore. Reasons like this are why I think anyone who thinks the old games are better than the new ones just can't let go of the past.

Had a pretty awesome moment while playing as Trevor. So basically, I carjacked an SUV, unaware of the fact that a cop car was nearby. 2* wanted level off the bat, and I started my attempt to escape, bringing out my SMG and starting to fire at the chasers constantly while driving. The honors were returned and long story short, one of their shots hit and deflated one of my front tyres. Had a 4* wanted level in no time and to make matters worse, another shot deflated a rear tyre. So now I was left with two tyres against a 4* level and my only hope was shooting and, well, driving as good as I could. A few cops killed, a few cars damaged, the chase continued with still a shitload of them as well as a chopper chasing my now two-tyre vehicle! Somehow, someway, after dodging several of their bust attempts, I came across the railway tracks and started driving along them, entering the subway tunnel and the chase ending eventually. Clear of being wanted and priding myself in my efforts, I started for my exit from the other side of the tunnel and just as I saw the light of the open, voila! A metro was an inch away, and now I started for reverse, as accurately as I could within the limited space of the tunnel, using the rear camera with the metro charging at me. I managed to acquire a satisfactory distance and wasted no time in leaping out of my car and climbing up the railing just connected to the side of the tunnel and landing in the space. And right as I turned around to witness the carnage, the SUV was blown away in a flash, missing me in the same by a heartbeat!

Safe to say, was one of my awesome attempts to escape and a very climatic ending after I thought all was said and done!

• 3 weeks later...

I haven't finished the game but the first heist has to be up there for me. Just the feeling of experiencing a more-structured and grander Three-Leaf-Clover-type mission felt exhilarating to me.

Torture mission was also really fun. Don't quite know if it's one of the best for me, I feel the fun was really in the dynamic. I can't choose my fave missions as I feel the missions themselves weren't focused on as much as the freedom between using the three protagonists.

There weren't nearly enough missions you could instantly refer to/quote in conversations compared to IV.

Maybe because there was only one heist in IV and there were cops scattered around every corner (whereas, say, in the 1st heist; you had a time limit before you had to get out of the jewellery shop and it was kind of like a piece-of-cake if you're good at driving).

Still, I found the heists quite exhilarating -- especially the Blaine County one.

Had a pretty awesome moment while playing as Trevor. So basically, I carjacked an SUV, unaware of the fact that a cop car was nearby. 2* wanted level off the bat, and I started my attempt to escape, bringing out my SMG and starting to fire at the chasers constantly while driving. The honors were returned and long story short, one of their shots hit and deflated one of my front tyres. Had a 4* wanted level in no time and to make matters worse, another shot deflated a rear tyre. So now I was left with two tyres against a 4* level and my only hope was shooting and, well, driving as good as I could. A few cops killed, a few cars damaged, the chase continued with still a shitload of them as well as a chopper chasing my now two-tyre vehicle! Somehow, someway, after dodging several of their bust attempts, I came across the railway tracks and started driving along them, entering the subway tunnel and the chase ending eventually. Clear of being wanted and priding myself in my efforts, I started for my exit from the other side of the tunnel and just as I saw the light of the open, voila! A metro was an inch away, and now I started for reverse, as accurately as I could within the limited space of the tunnel, using the rear camera with the metro charging at me. I managed to acquire a satisfactory distance and wasted no time in leaping out of my car and climbing up the railing just connected to the side of the tunnel and landing in the space. And right as I turned around to witness the carnage, the SUV was blown away in a flash, missing me in the same by a heartbeat!

Safe to say, was one of my awesome attempts to escape and a very climatic ending after I thought all was said and done!

That feels like a mission in itself. Awesome!

Feel like I stopped playing this a lot earlier than I did IV, and I think it's because of online. All of the focus from Rockstar has gone into GTA Online, and the main game just feels like it's there. I don't have the drive to play it anymore. I'm sure I'll get back to it soon enough, but...eh...not yet.

I still play almost every day. I love trevors random rants when he runs over something(or someone). I also love finding stupid was to kill my self. (Train vs golf cart, off- roading in the mountains, and death by taco truck just to name a few)

Amazing game, and the fact it's the first new release game I've bought since early 2012(Yakuza: Dead Souls) shows it's my GOTY. But it had its issues; maybe my expectations were too high. I've also stopped playing games as much over the last couple of years so it may be because and not the game. Online was a disappointment for me though.

I haven't played this in over a month. Haven't even touched the case. It's not that I don't love the game but when we got to play it for the first time, it felt so surreal, right?

Now, I find it difficult motivating myself to play GTA V but I wouldn't pin this all on the Houser brothers. The campaign is much shorter and weaker in comparison to previous storylines but I just haven't played anything apart from FIFA anyway so yeah. Maybe it's just me.

I haven't played this in over a month. Haven't even touched the case. It's not that I don't love the game but when we got to play it for the first time, it felt so surreal, right?

Now, I find it difficult motivating myself to play GTA V but I wouldn't pin this all on the Houser brothers. The campaign is much shorter and weaker in comparison to previous storylines but I just haven't played anything apart from FIFA anyway so yeah. Maybe it's just me.

Yeah,same here.I just play FIFA Ultimate Team

Archived