Grand Theft Auto Series

Intentz™

im pretty sure gta doesn't care bout controversy I just think it be awesome it will reset if u turn on or off the game I just don't like how I cause destruction in one area and then come back a sec later and it all fix

I just had the most wtf day of the game yet

first I got to trevor throwing a guy off the bridge took the lost van and park it cuz I wanted a cab some fat chick in sweats came a jacked it

then with franklin I started fallowing this one girl first she walk faster then ran then tased me

I switch back to Trevor and he wearing a dress

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Herb was right. I'm pretty sure I am more than halfway through the storyline right now but I'm not finding it any stronger than predecessors such as San Andreas's or Vice City's. What I genuinely liked about IV's story more was how original it felt; it didn't feel like a narrative I have watched or been through investing my time in before.

This storyline feels heavily inspired from an amalgam of movies. Don't get me wrong, I find the story quite good but it's not superior to previous storylines for me so far. Maybe there will be some plot-twists further on that lead me to thinking different...

I don't think V is meant to have a very powerful story. They want you to focus on the characters, IMO. By having a somewhat generic storyline, your attention is pulled more towards the quirks of the individual characters than to any background scenarios.

Having the backstory of Michael and Trevor was an interesting element, and watching their past unfold into the present was interesting too. I think the pinnacle of the story was obviously when Trevor learned that Brad was in Michael's grave. Then, wanting to kill Michael, and eventually coming to terms with everything and moving on...coming to save Michael even though he'd wronged him. The storyline of GTAV seemed to focus on the intricacies of friendships and relationships...how friendships start and end, how people can neglect friends that they've had for a long time in favor of people that they've only just met, how people neglect their families, etc. In that sense, I think GTAV had a stronger message than any of the past GTA games.

The story really picked up for me when Trevor went to Brad's grave. That cutscene with Michael and Trevor in North Yankton really got me invested into the story.

You need to put this in spoiler tags brah.

Although that was the highest point in the story for me.

The story really picked up for me when Trevor went to Brad's grave. That cutscene with Michael and Trevor in North Yankton really got me invested into the story.

Remember to keep all plot details in spoiler tags. There are people still playing the game. You need to consider them before you spoil the story for people.

so my firends wanted me to be in there crew so now i got gta fro both systems. anyway is anyone having an issues with gta for xbox. i have a werid issue. when it is sunny outside it looks amazing but when it turns night any car i drive or the roads, sidewalks are all green and stuff like i have a losse wire but i dont

I think Herb was right. I'm pretty sure I am more than halfway through the storyline right now but I'm not finding it any stronger than predecessors such as San Andreas's or Vice City's. What I genuinely liked about IV's story more was how original it felt; it didn't feel like a narrative I have watched or been through investing my time in before.

This storyline feels heavily inspired from an amalgam of movies. Don't get me wrong, I find the story quite good but it's not superior to previous storylines for me so far. Maybe there will be some plot-twists further on that lead me to thinking different...

Vice City wasn't original. That was heavily based on many movies; such as scarface, carlitos way etc. the same can be said about every gta game. The storyline borrows so much from pop culture and movies.

I'm not downplaying your opinion; you can feel and say what you want I'm just saying that gta has never been original. It's not meant to be nor was it ever intended to be.

In terms of storyline, GTA V's was good, but maybe not as good as Vice City and San Andreas. But I haven't played those two in a while so I don't remember it as vividly as GTA V. The storyline for IV got spoiled for me before I played it so I can't really judge that fairly.

Honestly, my main issue with the story was that most of the missions were pretty easy. Even the heists didn't provide a huge challenge.

In terms of favourite missions, mine were the one mentioned in those spoilers above, the one at the Kortz Center and the yoga mission :P

Archived