Grand Theft Auto Series

Intentz™

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Herb was right. I'm pretty sure I am more than halfway through the storyline right now but I'm not finding it any stronger than predecessors such as San Andreas's or Vice City's. What I genuinely liked about IV's story more was how original it felt; it didn't feel like a narrative I have watched or been through investing my time in before.

This storyline feels heavily inspired from an amalgam of movies. Don't get me wrong, I find the story quite good but it's not superior to previous storylines for me so far. Maybe there will be some plot-twists further on that lead me to thinking different...

Vice City wasn't original. That was heavily based on many movies; such as scarface, carlitos way etc. the same can be said about every gta game. The storyline borrows so much from pop culture and movies.

I'm not downplaying your opinion; you can feel and say what you want I'm just saying that gta has never been original. It's not meant to be nor was it ever intended to be.

Maybe you are right on that, tbh, but I'm attempting to get across the point that I've come across a storyline such as GTA V's one too many times for me to consider it particularly stronger than some of its predecessors. However, with Vice City, I was kind of new to how the storyline panned out as I wasn't hot on '80's Miami/Al Pacino movies at the times.

Possibly because of me not having much knowledge of the movies it was inspired from at the time, that's why I felt more connected to the storyline, the characters and the vibe although I can see where a lot of these aspects bare similarities with their real-life counterparts.

I can see what Generations is saying too. I'm just saying that for the most-ambitious open-world video-game they have ever created, I was hoping for a storyline that could at least pack as much panache as previous storylines FOR ME. It comes down to personal preferences, people may be able to shimmy through that and understand why the Houser brothers may have made the characters much more of a focal point than ever before. I'm not saying I don't understand it, just that I was expecting for there to be a stronger storyline (although I do like the backdrop to Michael's story and all of that -- this is why I'm openly subject to changing my opinion should there be any plot-twists regarding his bit).

How do you get in to knife fights? Noticed it was a requirement to win 8 to get 100%. I remember some black gang member randomly stabbing me once when I stood next to him and put my controller down, presuming that would have been one.

Is it knife flight challenges and not knife fight? I could be wrong cos I haven't done it yet myself but I remember seeing something about knife flights.

How do you get in to knife fights? Noticed it was a requirement to win 8 to get 100%. I remember some black gang member randomly stabbing me once when I stood next to him and put my controller down, presuming that would have been one.

Is it knife flight challenges and not knife fight? I could be wrong cos I haven't done it yet myself but I remember seeing something about knife flights.

Yea it has to do with planes, not knives. ;)

Yea it has to do with planes, not knives. ;)

if u done any flight training u no what he talking about i for one thought it was knifes not planes

Knife flights. Flying your plane vertically, you have to do them between buildings etc. I got confused too.

I was impressed by the game, certainly the story had me captured and immersed within their characters; the freedom on how you wanted to complete the heists was probably the selling point for me - I really enjoyed that aspect to the game. It is certainly a different game to say Grand Theft Auto IV and visually it is one of the nicest current generation console games that I have witnessed. Great game. Online is awesome. Well done again, Rockstar.

Just beat the main story today.

The last Heist, The Big One, gave me a Fast Five vibe.

Am I the only one?

Depends on how you did it, I guess...

I went through the wall with the drill and took the gold that way...so there was really nothing "Fast Five-esque" about it. I'm guessing you jacked the trucks...

Well those missions involving planes can *Censored* off. Skipped that shit after failing like 15 times. Any future missions involving planes are being skipped. They really want me to hate Trevor.

What also made it a little more jarring was how Trevor's flying skills are close to 100% from the start so how could they have made it so *censored*ing difficult for us to land planes and make the simplest of turns with him?

I'm kind of getting the hang of balancing them but still not a fan at all with plane controls. They need to make plane missions optional and not mandatory for players in GTA VI.

Will I have to go back on (as in mission replay as I read you can do that afterwards) to actually do them without skipping (if there's more than just that one...) to get achievements for them to count or something or is that pos done and dusted forever?

Archived