Grand Theft Auto Series

Intentz™

25% complete with GTAIII.

Not sure if I will do 100% before moving onto VC, or if I will just beat the main story of all three first. Probably depends how bored I get by the point that decision arises. Right now, I'm actually getting back into the game pretty deep. Didn't really expect to be fully into it again, but I am...and I kinda take back what I said before. These games are still great by modern standards...but they take a pretty serious "warming up" period to appreciate again. Once you get back in the proper mindset, there's something about the classic games that is actually still missing from the new ones.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

51% complete now.

Just finished doing the 100 Taxi missions trophy. Also got the trophy for obtaining $1,000,000, and the one for killing 1,000 people, as well as the "blow up 5 helicopters". Just felt like banging out some of the easier trophies today. Probably go for the firetruck, ambulance, and vigilante missions the next time I play. Though, I remember those being a much bigger pain in the ass, due to the tier system. Also sitting at 46 hidden packages...but not really feeling committed to diving into that can of worms yet.

Really wanting to move onto Vice City now. But, I'm gonna stick with 3 for as long as I reasonably can. Since the entire point in replaying these games, for me, was to experience them like I originally did...and that would be pointless if I didn't milk each one for every last possible statistic.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

56% complete. Really hating the paramedic missions just as much as I remember them sucking back in the day. Would be fine if I didn't have random gang members shooting and trying to pull me out of the vehicle on every single block. Smh...

IF I stick with it long enough to do 100%, those damn ambulance missions will probably be the last damn thing that I bring myself to do. Lol.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Finished the main story of GTA3. Overall completion at 76% or something. Remaining shit to do...unique jumps, paramedic, vigilante, patriot playground missions, etc. I'm determined to 100% this again, even though I truly hate the idea of doing some of these things. Can't go anywhere without being shot at, so the paramedic and vigilante are going to be a HUGE pain in my balls.

I feel like the main storyline missions were nowhere near as hard as I remembered them being. Surprising case of me actually being worse at a game when I was a kid than I am now. Usually it goes the other way...usually find old games harder now than back then (sometimes they even feel unplayable).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just a random thing, I've been looking for awhile for an almost perfect version of the Ox Blood Boulson Jacket. Just can't find one that looks exactly alike. Been wanting one for ages. I found one kinda like it and may get it. Just my favorite jacket in GTA Online

I did find one almost perfect..but it was Black and not the dark red

• 2 weeks later...
Some GTA IV Music Has Been Patched Out of the Game Today

Rockstar has issued an update for Grand Theft Auto IV on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 today, removing several music tracks from the 2008 open-world crime saga. Predicatably, this is due to licensing agreements on some of the game's music coming to an end after ten years. GTA IV first launched on 29th April 2008.

The tracks nixed from GTA IV's radio stations, such as Liberty Rock Radio and Vladivostok FM, include the likes of "Fascination" by David Bowie and "Heaven and Hell" by Black Sabbath, although Rockstar has apparently added a few extra tracks to compensate for the ones cut from the game.

The music in question has also been nixed from DLC expansions The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony, so if you're used to hearing certain tunes while living the criminal high life as Niko Bellic, Johnny Klebitz and Luis Lopez, you might find your next visit to Liberty City a little jarring.

https://www.xboxachievements.com/news/news-29713-Some-GTA-IV-Music-Has-Been-Patched-Out-of-the-Game-Today.html

• 2 weeks later...

I really wish I cared about GTAV still.

That is to say, I wish you could just buy these things in the main game and not need to do the online thing to benefit from the awesome updates that they roll out. I know that GTAV is killing it right now. It looks awesome every time I see it. But, alas...I still have no desire to be part of that online community.

My (gaming) bloodlust is back, was looking for a pre owned copy - but they're still going for nearly £40 at Game.

I have been having a blast in GTA Online recently. Still have to deal with annoying ass trolls, but I am still having a good time nonetheless.

Id be glad if they ditched Online altogether and went back to how it used to be inviting a friend over.

My (gaming) bloodlust is back, was looking for a pre owned copy - but they're still going for nearly £40 at Game.

My local gameshop has 3 copies all at £25 each.

Which system? You can get a brand new PS4 copy on Amazon for $29.99 USD...

PS4, I was stunned it was still so high, I mean Assassins Creed came out a couple of months ago and is only £25.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived