Grand Theft Auto Series

Intentz™

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Grabbed the classic trilogy for PS4, on sale. Definitely weird playing Gta 3 again. I think I've definitely played Vice City and San Andreas in various forms over the years...but I haven't touched or even thought about 3 in a long time. Also, it was the Xbox 360 port that I played San Andreas on...and PC for Vice City, so it never felt proper like it did originally playing them all on PS2. Playing on a PS system again is pretty nostalgic. And nostalgia is definitely the only thing keeping GTA 3 alive today, because it really doesn't hold up well. :lol: Dying from water, failing missions because your car flipped, being killed from two gun shots...not being able to properly aim (or even spin the camera so that you can see what you're trying to see). Shit is pretty hilarious by modern standards.

It does have charm, though. And I love that it still has all of the artifacting and clipping problems that it used to. Pretty entertaining to see an old game being played on a PS4...and you still have this ridiculous draw distances and weird clipping problems, including turning the camera a strange way to see that the blue abyss is still alive and well...I hated that blue abyss back in the day. Remember falling through the ground during a mission, free-falling for at least a minute or two, and then landing on one of the islands that I hadn't unlocked yet. Lmao...good times.

Got San Andreas downloaded. Play later on today, nostalgia incoming! I did play it once on 360 from Gamefly like 2 years ago but sent it back for something else. I actually never beat the game. Remember me and my friend, just being bored did multiplayer and just rode in a Semi(His girlfriend's dad is a trucker and he was thinking of doing it also one day) but wow haven't really played it since I stopped my PS2

Archived