Grand Theft Auto Series

Intentz™

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm really *censored*ing disappointed there was never any single player DLC for GTAV. I guess they were busy making too much money online. I hope they don't go down the same route with RDR2.

Yeah I would have liked to play as Paige Harris in a GTA story. I like her attitude in the Heist cutscenes with Lester, and wouldn't mind learning more about her.

Packie would be fun to play as also.

Where do y'all think the next GTA is

Kinda want it to be in a GTA equivalent of Cuba. With ties to Vice City.

That way, we get our Vice City successor...but avoid having a direct Vice City remake. Maybe they use the hot-swapping of multiple protagonists feature like they had in GTAV...but instead of just switching from one part of the map to another...it actually switches between the character in Vice City and the character in this Cuban map. And the story is connected...trying to secure a huge cocaine deal between Vice City and Cuba (the GTA equivalent of).

Yeah...that's what I want. Something old, but also something new. We get to see Vice City in glorious HD with all the modern amenities of the current Rockstar development...but we also don't find ourselves entirely stuck in a world that we've already seen. And if they want to go even further...maybe the huge deal that you're working to secure in this world is actually the very same deal that goes down at the beginning of the original Vice City. That would be kind of neat. So, it could be a prequel. Or not. I like a modern story just as much...

I'm really *censored*ing disappointed there was never any single player DLC for GTAV. I guess they were busy making too much money online. I hope they don't go down the same route with RDR2.

Indeed, sucks they went with microtransactions over real DLC

Not only the lack of single player story-based DLC...but the lack of anything for single player at all. They really went full online mode...and that really sucks, IMO. There wasn't even a reason for it. Everything they added to online (at least in terms of weapons, vehicles, etc.) could have just as easily been added to the main game as well. It was a conscious choice to say "*Censored* you" to anyone who chose not to be part of the online community.

Same with the avhiements, only like 250G was for offline so despite playing the game a lot (offline) I barely have any points in it

Not only the lack of single player story-based DLC...but the lack of anything for single player at all. They really went full online mode...and that really sucks, IMO. There wasn't even a reason for it. Everything they added to online (at least in terms of weapons, vehicles, etc.) could have just as easily been added to the main game as well. It was a conscious choice to say "*Censored* you" to anyone who chose not to be part of the online community.

Yeah, all 7 of ya.

Pretty sure there are plenty of people who never got into the online portion of GTAV.

It really wasn't that fun in the beginning. Catered too heavily to people who bought the stupid shark cards and spent actual money. Things have probably leveled out now...but the early online stuff was a disaster, IMO. Tons of people probably never gave it a second chance. I remember my first experience in GTA online being me casually walking outside and being blindsided by a fighter jet. It was a complete cluster*censored*...maybe it still is. Bet a lot of people like that kind of atmosphere...but I'm sure that plenty do not.

Pretty sure there are plenty of people who never got into the online portion of GTAV.

It really wasn't that fun in the beginning. Catered too heavily to people who bought the stupid shark cards and spent actual money. Things have probably leveled out now...but the early online stuff was a disaster, IMO. Tons of people probably never gave it a second chance. I remember my first experience in GTA online being me casually walking outside and being blindsided by a fighter jet. It was a complete cluster*censored*...maybe it still is. Bet a lot of people like that kind of atmosphere...but I'm sure that plenty do not.

You clearly dunno what you're talking about tho. You get fighter jets in the airbase...so...you could get one even at lvl 1.

That wasn't my point. My point about the fighter jet was that online back then was just about people wreaking havoc on random people for the shit of it. That part wasn't related to the shark cards, it was a separate thought. Two different statements about how the online portion of the game was/is. GTA online is cool...when people play it like it should be. It sucks when random people are more content to *Censored* your game up than to do the missions and things.

GTA Online was boring

Although I do also remember logging in, then being killed over and over within like 10 seconds

Other than that it was just driving though the GTA streets

GTA Online was boring

Although I do also remember logging in, then being killed over and over within like 10 seconds

No, no it's really not. Do people on here play something for 5 minutes and not try 99% of what the game has to offer and come on here to cry? Cus that's really really really far from all GTAO has (had) to offer.

Admittedly its slowing down and dying now, but the first 2/2 1/2 years had A LOT to do, and to sink days of time into. You're just basing it off the 1st 5 minutes you had. Most people who don't want to be constantly killed upon going online would go into passive mode for starters.

Look man, no one was ever picking a fight with the online mode or those who think it's fun. To the contrary, you made a joke about only 7 people playing the game offline. All we're saying is that your joke isn't accurate. Plenty of people don't enjoy GTA online, and wish there was single player DLC...

GTA Online was boring

No, no it's really not. Do people on here play something for 5 minutes and not try 99% of what the game has to offer and come on here to cry? Cus that's really really really far from all GTAO has (had) to offer.

Admittedly its slowing down and dying now, but the first 2/2 1/2 years had A LOT to do, and to sink days of time into. You're just basing it off the 1st 5 minutes you had. Most people who don't want to be constantly killed upon going online would go into passive mode for starters.

I don't think anybody's crying over it. Just because someone else's opinion differs from yours doesn't mean it's wrong. It's their thoughts on the online portion of the game and it shouldn't really affect you as much as it sounds like it does.

My daughter is 13 now and I've let her play the game since she was 10. Just driving vehicles, riding bikes etc. while I'm there to supervise of course. She asked me why Rockstar doesn't make a version for kids to play without adult content because she just loves going on exploring, doing races and all the other activities that are safe for kids.

The will use the same set up for RDR2 online. There is no doubt in that. They'll likely follow the same type of add on releases for it as they have for GTA Online.

Yeah, after the success of GTA Online, that's a guarantee and I want to point out that I don't have a problem with that. It's clearly got a massive user base and it has kept the game relevant for over 3 years now. I just hope they show a little love for gamers that wanna play some extra content in single player.

I'm sure it just comes down to money and resources though. From Rockstar's point of view, why make single player DLC when you can spend that time making content for online and flog more shark cards?

I think one big difference between single player and online is making money to buy luxury items. You can make a lot of money naturally in single player and online requires a lot of grinding. A guy at work said he makes a lot of money by doing the same heist over and over again using a bug and that's where I'd lose interest. I played all the heists and they were okay but I wouldn't want to keep going through them.

That is what it all comes down to is relevance. More and more (now it seems) developers would rather find a way that makes them money and keeps their game played for a longer period of time. Like what Rockstar has done with model they use in GTA Online. I've never really been a fan (as a single player focused player) but I get it.

Archived