Grand Theft Auto Series

Intentz™

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wasn't SA only about $5 when it came to the Xbox Marketplace on 360? I'm sure they're exactly the same games, so $15 for each is ludicrous. It's cool that PSN gets III and VC though. I honestly have fonder memories of those games than I do of SA.

It did but that one was a weird iOS port.

I'd imagine these are better. And they do seem to be after watching gameplay. Wouldn't mind re-playing the storys.

I just bought this game earlier this year for PS3 and now I have to buy it again for PS4 for trophies and a higher resolution... :facepalm:

well...you don't have to do so, if you don't think it's worth the money

I'm saying I shouldn't have to switch systems to play GTA SA.... I shouldn't be charged again... I should be able to use my purchases throughout all systems it obviously isn't because the PS4 isn't powerful enough It's all for money. :rant:

I just bought this game earlier this year for PS3 and now I have to buy it again for PS4 for trophies and a higher resolution... :facepalm:

well...you don't have to do so, if you don't think it's worth the money

I'm saying I shouldn't have to switch systems to play GTA SA.... I shouldn't be charged again... I should be able to use my purchases throughout all systems it obviously isn't because the PS4 isn't powerful enough It's all for money. :rant:

But...that's how things worked since the beginning of videogames

If you have a digital copy of a game on PS3 or 360, you should definitely be entitled to a free download of the same game for PS4 or One...especially when the systems use the same accounts. My 360 profile is the same as my One profile...so, when it comes to something like Walking Dead, for example...those games should be free to me if I want them on One, since I already own them. If the games have been drastically changed somehow for the other system, that's one thing...but most of the games that are available for both systems are not changed at all. In the case of GTA, you should have to pay for new copies if they have new content...like trophy support...

Thats like saying your entitled to a free Blu-ray of a movie just because you owned the DVD before the Blu-Ray came out lol.

No...it's more like saying that you're entitled to a digital copy of a movie because you already own it on DVD or Blu Ray...which is something that happens quite often, actually. A ton of movies sell with a free digital copy included.

Thats like saying your entitled to a free Blu-ray of a movie just because you owned the DVD before the Blu-Ray came out lol.

No...it's more like saying that you're entitled to a digital copy of a movie because you already own it on DVD or Blu Ray...which is something that happens quite often, actually. A ton of movies sell with a free digital copy included.

I said before the Blu-Ray shit do people even read posts anymore? Thats like me saying the copy of Star Wars I own on VHS should entitle me to a free copy of it on DVD. If the games were released at the same time i'd agree (which is already a thing on a few select games for PS3/Vita/PS4 and 3DS/Wii U). Developers are still working on these games to port them with higher resolution, and no work should be free.

I said before the Blu-Ray shit do people even read posts anymore? Thats like me saying the copy of Star Wars I own on VHS should entitle me to a free copy of it on DVD. If the games were released at the same time i'd agree (which is already a thing on a few select games for PS3/Vita/PS4 and 3DS/Wii U). Developers are still working on these games to port them with higher resolution, and no work should be free.

I heard you...but it was irrelevant, because you're talking about PHYSICAL copies, and we are clearly talking about DIGITAL copies. Yes...it is retarded to think that a previous physical copy should entitle you to a new physical copy in a higher quality. But that is NOT what we are talking about here. We're talking about DIGITAL CONTENT. No one is suggesting that owning GTAV on 360 or PS3 should entitle you to a free copy of GTAV on One or PS4. That is an entirely overhauled game.

People are merely saying that if they already bought a version of the digital San Andres release for PS3, they should not have to buy it again for PS4...or at the very least, they should probably get a credit for it. Which I agree with. Hell, nobody is even suggesting that owning a PS2 copy of San Andres should entitle them to a free download...that would be equally ridiculous. People are seriously just talking about the PS3 and PS4 digital versions. If it's a port of the exact same game, then you should be able to get it free with proof that you already bought it. If they added things to it, then you should get $5 off or something. Just common sense...and it has nothing to do with Blu Rays or VHS tapes. You're oversimplifying a more complex issue.

Keep in mind, the San Andreas port was IOS, this is 1080p (uprendered), trophy support, shareplay, etc.

Yeah, and that's why I said there should be a credit for people who already owned the previous version in this case...not a fully free download. This is a case where they actually did update the product. If it's an exact port, you should get a free download. If it's something like this...giving $5 off on a product that they're asking $15 for seems more than fair. And it's not out of the question at all. In fact, State of Decay did exactly that. They came out with an XBO port of the 360 game...and it had the DLC included as well as some other little tweaks. They gave previous owners a pretty deep discount if they wanted to download the XBO version. It wasn't free (nor should it have been)...but it was heavily discounted.

Keep in mind, the San Andreas port was IOS, this is 1080p (uprendered), trophy support, shareplay, etc.

Yeah, and that's why I said there should be a credit for people who already owned the previous version in this case...not a fully free download. This is a case where they actually did update the product. If it's an exact port, you should get a free download. If it's something like this...giving $5 off on a product that they're asking $15 for seems more than fair. And it's not out of the question at all. In fact, State of Decay did exactly that. They came out with an XBO port of the 360 game...and it had the DLC included as well as some other little tweaks. They gave previous owners a pretty deep discount if they wanted to download the XBO version. It wasn't free (nor should it have been)...but it was heavily discounted.

Yeah, Minecraft did it as well, was only $5 if you bought it previously.

I honestly tried San Andreas on both iOS and Android, don't really care for it. I would mod the game so I could use cheats and play as pedestrians/NPCs with cleo scripts, but that requires you to Jailbreak your iphone/pad or unlock your android.

Archived