Grand Theft Auto Series

Intentz™

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they make zombies, it better be a million miles better than RDR. That was the worst thing Rockstar has done in I don't even know how long.

Surely you must be kidding. The atmosphere for the Undead Nightmare DLC was perfect. I know people who like that DLC more than the main game. I personally like the main game a lot more than the DLC, but it was excellent DLC.

If they make zombies, it better be a million miles better than RDR. That was the worst thing Rockstar has done in I don't even know how long.

Surely you must be kidding. The atmosphere for the Undead Nightmare DLC was perfect. I know people who like that DLC more than the main game. I personally like the main game a lot more than the DLC, but it was excellent DLC.

I played it a few months ago and it was *censored*ed. Half of the time the zombies didn't have heads, so it was really hard to kill the fast moving crawling ones, or they would just turn in to normal peds (usually prostitutes) and run away flailing their arms, meaning I had to chase them all down to kill them and complete whatever tasks.

Even when it was working properly it just got repetitive and felt uninspired and like a chore sometimes. There were some good parts, but it was nowhere close to being as good as the main game. Story was pretty crap. It started off cool, some bits with Seth and other old characters were good, and a few areas like the nuns place, but overall it was just disappointing. Plus the ending stunk. I didn't expect a big spectacular happy ending or whatever, but I was just like wtf is that it?

Glitches aside, I think the general atmostphere was good, but as an overall experience Undead Nightmare wasn't very good to me.

Started collecting all 50 spaceship parts. This is gonna be a pain...

I didn't think it was that bad. None of the collectibles in V are as bad as the ones in past games, IMO. Mostly because they're all 30/30 or 50/50...not 100/100. With a printed map, a pen and a helicopter, you can finish any one of the given collectibles in a fairly short amount of time. I dread stuff like races and time trials a lot more than I do the collectibles.

Started collecting all 50 spaceship parts. This is gonna be a pain...

Do it with the police after you. At first I was collecting them in a chopper, and not being very careful so it would be wrecked after 3 or 4 parts, then stealing a car got the police on me which led to some great shootouts and chases in locations I wouldn't have otherwise had that experience... Like I never tend to go near the junkyard area, but had probably the best fight with the police I've ever had when I was around that area. Might take you longer, but it makes things more interesting.

Speaking of unexpected police chases and whatnot...

I started a stabbing spree with the broken bottle the other day (right in the center of Vinewood) and I really didn't make any attempt to escape the cops whatsoever. I just ran down the sidewalk, stabbing whoever I came across. I gained a four star wanted level and stayed alive for about ten minutes. It was strange...because the cops were all after me, but I kept somehow staying just far enough away that they weren't shooting me very often. At one point I almost even escaped the wanted level (unintentionally). I just looked up and the stars were flashing and the cops had lost me entirely. Then I got spotted by a helicopter, which is what eventually killed me.

It was funny though, because I never last that long in shootouts with the cops, when I go all-in. But here I was...making no real attempt to stay alive, and I almost got away with stabbing like 150 people with a broken bottle.

Is online down for everyone, or am I just having local issues? I wanted to play online this week, for the holiday themed update, but I hadn't yet played online with my XBO, so I needed to transfer. Long story short, I transferred my character and was then told that the transfer was pending, etc. Eventually the transfer went through and it went to start the session and all that jazz, and now it just won't let me on, stating that the Rockstar servers are not available. Hence, it sounds like a problem for the server overall...not just me, but the timing being right after I attempted to transfer makes me weary. It's been like three days or something...and if it is just my problem how do I fix it?

It was acting like that when I transferred my character as well, it would let me on occasionally, then kick me right off. I just gave it about a week, and now my online works fine. Not sure if it's the same issue as you, but that's how mine worked.

Gonna be pissed if it takes that long. I'll miss all of the seasonal stuff.

Stuck on the nuclear waste collectibles now. 28/30. I forgot how tedious and confusing it was to find all of these bastards in the 360 version...just as tedious and confusing in the One version. I feel like the radar intentionally throws you off.

It was acting like that when I transferred my character as well, it would let me on occasionally, then kick me right off. I just gave it about a week, and now my online works fine. Not sure if it's the same issue as you, but that's how mine worked.

It's been like this for me since the PS4 version came out. It's irritating as hell, glad I'm not the only one experiencing these server issues. It was like this for me on the 360 version last year, but after the 2nd week after online came out it rarely ever happened.

The other day I couldn't get on after not playing online for a while. It kept saying timed out loading session etc... Different issue I think, but maybe the solution I used might work. I went to the Social Club and unlinked my gamertag, then linked it again and it's worked fine since.

Sometimes it is just frastrating how long it takes GTA Online is to load, also I cannot stand it when the connection times out. For me personally I have to constantly find a new session just to get on to a full server or something.

I want the snow to be a permanent (optional) thing. It makes everything feel like an entirely different game. I love the fireworks launcher too.

I'll be playing this tomorrow on the PS4, is there any funny bugs I can look forward to experiencing at all? I do like those type of bugs lol. Can't wait to drive around San Andreas with the great graphics.

Is this your first time playing V, or are you just upgrading the the current gen version? If you've never played it at all, be prepared to be blown away by the overall atmosphere. Little things that you never thought you'd see in a video game...subtle noises, lighting effects...things like that.

I wish R* would give us some kind of option or ability to allow us to play as & create a character using pedestrian/gang member in single player without having to use a save editor or mod the game, that's one is of the features I loved most about GTA III-San Andreas. Then again I can understand if R* won't do it & doesn't want to risk getting sued by Volition or whoever, the developers of the Saints Row series, especially if you're creating an entirely new instance of a custom character using pedestrian & gang member parts into one of your own liking that doesn't even appear in the game. Though I don't see the problem if can just change the character's head/facial features, clothes, body type etc. no morphing.

Archived