Grand Theft Auto Series

Intentz™

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, the new SA dropped yesterday (or at least, that's when I bought it). It costs about $4 (I think it was actually $3.74), and is worth every penny. The game definitely holds up to time, despite how outdated it is. Still a ton of fun. My one complaint thus far is the shooting. Targeting is heinous. Not sure if it was this bad in the original game. I can't remember. I need to check if the controls can be tweaked tho. I die a bunch of times in any mission that involves shooting/being shot at...just because I can't aim at what I'm trying to shoot. I did the mission where you first get a gun and you're shooting bottles. I put the cross-hair right on the damn bottle and unloaded and entire clip trying to shoot it. I had to run right up to it and unload again to actually hit it. Sad. Otherwise, still as great of a game as it ever was. The nostalgia is real as hell.

The graphics boost is also nice...the draw distance and overall polish of the game makes it feel like you're actually experiencing it again for the first time...not just rehashing an old game. Basically, this is the perfect way to kill time until the Xbox One version of GTAV is released. Just a shame that this is a 360 game. Still don't get why they didn't make this version for One instead.

So, the new SA dropped yesterday (or at least, that's when I bought it). It costs about $4 (I think it was actually $3.74), and is worth every penny. The game definitely holds up to time, despite how outdated it is. Still a ton of fun. My one complaint thus far is the shooting. Targeting is heinous. Not sure if it was this bad in the original game. I can't remember. I need to check if the controls can be tweaked tho. I die a bunch of times in any mission that involves shooting/being shot at...just because I can't aim at what I'm trying to shoot. I did the mission where you first get a gun and you're shooting bottles. I put the cross-hair right on the damn bottle and unloaded and entire clip trying to shoot it. I had to run right up to it and unload again to actually hit it. Sad. Otherwise, still as great of a game as it ever was. The nostalgia is real as hell.

The graphics boost is also nice...the draw distance and overall polish of the game makes it feel like you're actually experiencing it again for the first time...not just rehashing an old game. Basically, this is the perfect way to kill time until the Xbox One version of GTAV is released. Just a shame that this is a 360 game. Still don't get why they didn't make this version for One instead.

The shooting was pretty bad in the original, too, to be honest. Not sure if it's even worse in the newer version but it really shouldn't be. Anyways, I really want to cop it, I've been waiting for an XBOX360 version of it for so long.

I wouldn't be surprised if they did. I think a lot of people who already have the 360/PS3 version are going to "trade-up" to the new version. I'd be interested in knowing what the pre-orders look like...especially with the million dollars in-game currency for people who do pre-order. Wouldn't put a midnight sale out of question.

This video is old...but, whoa. My hype for this game is real. The difference is like night and day.

That's what I don't get, I see video-clips like that and think, "This is a pretty great difference, they're not just 'lifting the game over' to the new-gens", but my friend told me at work that it's not that big of a difference (graphically-speaking, too). Of course, I'm not expecting The Last of Us-type graphics, but I found his comment interesting considering that now I'm unsure on what is really the truth.

^ The difference in graphics is in the video above...it's a huge difference.

In fact, it's such a huge difference that it almost makes me feel like the game was developed for One/PS4 and then quickly downgraded to work for 360 and PS3 for an early release...although, I doubt that to be the case. Just goes to show how quickly Rockstar can work their magic though. A fully current gen game by them is going to be awe-inspiring (my money is on Red Dead).

Yeah, I'm looking forward to this more than 2K15 (now that the game is looking like a broken mess). Current gen GTAV looks like a whole new game though. I'm giddy just to explore the world and see how awesome everything looks.

Jesus Christ man...the fact that the 360/PS3 version (WWE 2K15) was watered down doesn't mean that the Current gen version will be the same...

Let me ask you this.Based on all the trailer/leaked gameplay you've seen you think it's crap?

Don't forget that for last gen we didn't receive any type of trailer nor info until the last 4 days....how would you expect this to be good?

Archived