DLC Discussion Thread

djmann

Who's Bruno Sammartin? I didn't get him in the DLC pack.

Who or where? Bruno Sammartino used to wrestle for WWE way before Hogan and I think way before Vince was even a teenager.

If he's not in the DLC pack, then that's not good. You sure you checked? He was in mine.

Oh no I have Bruno Sammartino, but this Bruno Sammartin guy I don't have. It's shown on the News Feed when going Online that he's supposed to be included in the Legends and Creations pack.

(There's a typo on the News Feed that's what I was going on about :spas: . Thanks for the little background information though, didn't expect it :cool:)

Oh. X_X

Man, the DLC doesn't do much for me, to be honest. I'm mainly interested in doing my CAW's finisher, otherwise the game has no appeal for me.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who's Bruno Sammartin? I didn't get him in the DLC pack.

Who or where? Bruno Sammartino used to wrestle for WWE way before Hogan and I think way before Vince was even a teenager.

If he's not in the DLC pack, then that's not good. You sure you checked? He was in mine.

Oh no I have Bruno Sammartino, but this Bruno Sammartin guy I don't have. It's shown on the News Feed when going Online that he's supposed to be included in the Legends and Creations pack.

(There's a typo on the News Feed that's what I was going on about :spas: . Thanks for the little background information though, didn't expect it :cool:)

Oh. X_X

Man, the DLC doesn't do much for me, to be honest. I'm mainly interested in doing my CAW's finisher, otherwise the game has no appeal for me.

DLC has been killin me. Literally only getting use out of Rude/Roberts. Virgil I job out in universe. But I got back into it overall, I figured out a good balance and has been giving me some solid matches

Finally got a chance to play with the DLC. My favorite of this bunch is Dusty Rhodes, I love his taunts and his move-set. Jake is cool too, but I think his moves kinda glitched on me a few times. Virgil looks awesome, though not a big fan of his. Bruno Sammartino is a living legend, but I just don't get much use out of him in this game since he was way before my time. Finally, Rick Rude. If you zoom into his face in replay you can tell it looks like him, but the hair is awful, almost like a wig, and the attire is a bad choice too. I would give this DLC a 7 out of 10 without counting heads into the equation.

Am I the only one who replaced Jake the Snake's finisher with DDT 1?

I can get a good use out of DLC. I just put them in shows and let the Universe do its shitty booking, and wrestle using my CAWs with whoever my opponent is at the PPV. I rarely play the shows, I usually skip to the PPV.

I can get a good use out of DLC. I just put them in shows and let the Universe do its shitty booking, and wrestle using my CAWs with whoever my opponent is at the PPV. I rarely play the shows, I usually skip to the PPV.

I replaced Jake`s DDT with DDT 1 too..

It looks good!

It looks good!

i did it to.

Bruno Sammartino is a living legend, but I just don't get much use out of him in this game since he was way before my time.

He holds the record for longest single title reign that no other superstar in WWE history has even come close to. That is all you need to know to make use of him. My immediate thought was to book a match between arguably the two most storied world heavyweight champions of all time: Sammartino vs Ric Flair (even though I personally dislike Flair.)

Ric Flair always says "to be the man you have to BEAT the man." With that mindset there will be no greater measuring stick for any superstar ingame/CAW, real or original. PERIOD. Sammartino was before my time, that's not going to stop me from making good use of him. Just do yourself a favour and research him/watch some of his matches if that's what it takes to make you value him.

Bruno Sammartino is a living legend, but I just don't get much use out of him in this game since he was way before my time.

He holds the record for longest single title reign that no other superstar in WWE history has even come close to. That is all you need to know to make use of him. My immediate thought was to book a match between arguably the two most storied world heavyweight champions of all time: Sammartino vs Ric Flair (even though I personally dislike Flair.)

Ric Flair always says "to be the man you have to BEAT the man." With that mindset there will be no greater measuring stick for any superstar ingame/CAW, real or original. PERIOD. Sammartino was before my time, that's not going to stop me from making good use of him. Just do yourself a favour and research him/watch some of his matches if that's what it takes to make you value him.

I know extensively about his time in wrestling and he's still useless to me. Looks really off having CM Punk vs Dean Ambrose in one match, then the next is anyone vs Bruno. Bruno looks far too out of place. At least Rude and Roberts have gimmicks that keep them somewhat relevant to the game. Just don't like seeing stuff like "Devitt/Okada vs Bruno Sammartino/Brock Lesnar" getting booked by Universe

I respect the hell out of Bruno, and I always said the Hall of Fame was a joke because they didn't have him in it (until they finally inducted him). But in THIS game, he doesn't fit. The game features wrestlers from the 80's to today. If the game went back before the Hulkamania era and included wrestlers like Billy Graham and Bob Backlund, then yes, of course you would want Bruno in that game. But in this game, he just doesn't belong. That's not saying I don't know about his career or respect what he's done for wrestling, but just in this particular game, he doesn't fit in.

It would be like putting John Cena and no one else from the current era into a game like Legends of WrestleMania. Yes, Cena (like him or not) is a future legend and the face of the WWE for the past decade, but putting him in Legends of WrestleMania with no one else from his era and no arenas that he wrestled in would be kind of pointless.

It looks good!

i did it to.

Does it have the same kind of impact/feel like when he does it in real life tho? DDT 1 in-game looks a bit weak.

I just wish Roberts had come with his own DDT. I dont think any of the DDTs in the game look like his, without being rather badly done. But oh well, just my opinion on that.

I respect the hell out of Bruno, and I always said the Hall of Fame was a joke because they didn't have him in it (until they finally inducted him). But in THIS game, he doesn't fit. The game features wrestlers from the 80's to today. If the game went back before the Hulkamania era and included wrestlers like Billy Graham and Bob Backlund, then yes, of course you would want Bruno in that game. But in this game, he just doesn't belong. That's not saying I don't know about his career or respect what he's done for wrestling, but just in this particular game, he doesn't fit in.

It would be like putting John Cena and no one else from the current era into a game like Legends of WrestleMania. Yes, Cena (like him or not) is a future legend and the face of the WWE for the past decade, but putting him in Legends of WrestleMania with no one else from his era and no arenas that he wrestled in would be kind of pointless.

You could aways create those older wrestlers you know. I created the guy in my atavar pic, the Spoiler. He's deceased, but he wrestled from the 60s through the 80s. Sammartino wrestled well into the 70s which would cross paths with Andre the Giant and Big John Studd, both of who wrestled in the 70s. Btw Hogan wrestled back then too, he just didn't become the face of WWF until the 80s. There's also Ric Flair and Macho Man Randy Savage. You're all just making false assumptions about the game's roster, and putting too much emphasis on realism.

Was a manager at wrestlemania 1. Michael hayes was in low and hes never been involved at wm as a manager. Ill never complain if they give us extra characters but wish more low guys would have been included (bigelow, valentine, honky tonk man, brutus beefcake, etc) but bruno is in 100% bc thats what his wwe contract stipulated.

Was a manager at wrestlemania 1. Michael hayes was in low and hes never been involved at wm as a manager. Ill never complain if they give us extra characters but wish more low guys would have been included (bigelow, valentine, honky tonk man, brutus beefcake, etc) but bruno is in 100% bc thats what his wwe contract stipulated.

Why'd ya edit? Michael Gayes was perfect. :XD:

What false assumptions? The game is based on 30 years of WrestleMania, which started around the Hulkamania era. yes, guys like Hogan, Andre, Flair, etc are featured in the game and were around in the 1970's, but in the game you get their 80's and 90's versions, not their 70's versions. Has Bruno even had a WrestleMania match?

More false assumptions. Sammartino managed his son at the very first wrestlemania. Also, Andre's older attire is in the game. He wrestled a lot more in the 70s than the 80s. By the time Hogan bodyslammed him he had hardly anything left in the tank and could barely even walk.

Flair has looked the same for like 45 years and the game gives you his older looks. All you have to do to make 70s Hogan is make his yellow trunks white. Even Dusty Rhodes wrestled all through the 70s, and let's be honest, no one is going to use him with the default polka dots.

Finally got a chance to play with the DLC. My favorite of this bunch is Dusty Rhodes, I love his taunts and his move-set. Jake is cool too, but I think his moves kinda glitched on me a few times. Virgil looks awesome, though not a big fan of his. Bruno Sammartino is a living legend, but I just don't get much use out of him in this game since he was way before my time. Finally, Rick Rude. If you zoom into his face in replay you can tell it looks like him, but the hair is awful, almost like a wig, and the attire is a bad choice too. I would give this DLC a 7 out of 10 without counting heads into the equation.

Yeah, it looks like you could take off Rick Rude's hair, and he'd look like the 1997 short-haired version. His threads are pretty useless too.

Archived