Is it near?

EJ!

I'm just now really looking at the TNA threads and I don't watch TNA as much as I would like but from what I'm hearing and seeing, are we nearing the end of TNA?

I see these huge roster cuts theyve been having and hear how going on the road has been troublesome and just them never being able to get a significant amount of viewers or ticket sales. I hear about how naive Dixie seems to be and things aren't really looking good.

I don't wanna see it go under because they have/had so much talent that I want to continue to see on my TV. I know Vince could buy them whenever he wants but based on history, the talent that I go to TNA to watch will be gone within the year anyway if that happens.

Thoughts?

The death of TNA will come if they lose there timeslot, which was the biggest factor why WWE bought WCW rather then Eric Bischoff in 2001. Bischoff would've ended up purchasing WCW but once realising that it had no timeslot anymore due to Jamie Kellner he backed out of the deal. Spike TV is happy with TNA and Bellator at the moment and Dixie Carter was born into wealth, so as long as Panda Energy (her father is the chairman) is funding TNA and it stays on the air, it won't be going anywhere. Even WWE cuts costs but it's just not in the dirt sheets every day. Plus who knows, Dixie Carter may sell TNA one day and it doesn't have to be to Vince McMahon.

The death of TNA will come if they lose there timeslot, which was the biggest factor why WWE bought WCW rather then Eric Bischoff in 2001. Bischoff would've ended up purchasing WCW but once realising that it had no timeslot anymore due to Jamie Kellner he backed out of the deal. Spike TV is happy with TNA and Bellator at the moment and Dixie Carter was born into wealth, so as long as Panda Energy (her father is the chairman) is funding TNA and it stays on the air, it won't be going anywhere. Even WWE cuts costs but it's just not in the dirt sheets every day. Plus who knows, Dixie Carter may sell TNA one day and it doesn't have to be to Vince McMahon.

This. Especially the part about WWE's cost-cutting. I hate the WWE smark logic of WWE releasing guys and it's nothing, but TNA releases someone and it's a clear sign that they're dying. When you really look at it, they haven't really released anyone big. It's been mostly guys who got in via the Gut Check (And let's face it, if they were in real trouble they'd be losing names that are a lot bigger than Taeler Hendrix or Alex Silva). Going on the road probably hasn't gone as well as they'd hoped but at the same time there are reports that they're looking to go back to Orlando, or the old TNA Asylum. I believe it was D'Lo Brown who said that what TNA is experiencing right now are "growing pains". That sums it up perfectly IMO.

They're supposedly in bad financial standings right now. They've released a bunch of guys over the last couple months or so BECAUSE of the financial issues, and more are on their way out. I watched this last week's TNA for the first time in months, and I can say that it was pretty bad. The only remotely interesting part was the *happening at the end of the show* (preventing spoilers). Everything else was pretty bad; matches, promos, everything.

I can honestly say that I think they're in a spiral down the toilet, and its gonna be very hard for them to clog it before they go down. I don't believe they'll die off as WCW did, but I do believe that they will end up taking that big step back to being a lower-end wrestling company.

To be honest, I don't think they were aware of how much it would cost to run Impact every week on the road, the estimate going around is about $650,000 for the two tapings. Hulk Hogan (age 60) is rumored to be making around $50,000 - $75,000 per apperance (rumored to be around 2 Million per year). Sting (age 54) made around $675,000 with TNA in 2011, so I assume it's in that same ballpark now & Kurt Angle (age 44) makes $600,000+ as well. Maybe it's time to let all 3 men go, personal feelings aside.

The timeslot has nothing to do with the death of TNA. The death of TNA will be when Dixies dad decides he's tired of losing money.

Exactly, since Dixie "bought" the company, there has not been a single year where TNA actually ended in a profit, even a small profit, they almost always found themselves in the red, every single year. So it'll be when her dad decides he's had enough of losing money, year after year.

I'm glad someone else realizes it.

Just because TNA has high ratings (for Spike) and Spike makes money of TNA, it doesn't mean TNA makes money.
You have a lady who wants to run a wrestling company (but doesn't seem to know how) being funded by a guy that doesn't wan't to run a wrestling company (or he would be).

Dixies dad has to look at this as red or black. If he's any kind of buisness man he'll eventually cut his losses.
I have no idea when that will be, but all signs point to TNA trying to fix money issues incorrectly.

Instead of creating a product that's worth money, they are simply keeping it the same and attempting to remove cost.
This would work great for an indy company just trying to stay affloat, but for a buisness that's attempting to grow and become it's own stand out product it's simply a short term buisness plan that will do nothing for them in the long run.

Not to mention the most obvious cut they could make (Hogan) a guy that can't even perform in ring, a guy that is not putting money into the company as much as he is taking, stays while actual substance performers are being let go.

It's terrible and it literally makes zero sense.

Also, quit comparing TNA to WCW. It makes no sense.

WCW had the money coming in to stay affloat, they simply spent to much and had to many guys locked into contracts they couldn't afford to terminate (wether it be to a settlement or just the lawsuits) the final nail was losing their timeslot, but it wasn't because of lost money. They simply didn't want wrestling on their network, regardless of what was going on finanically.

TNA is the complete opposite. They have guys they can get rid of but won't, they never had the money to begin with, and they aren't doing anythign to get it. Their network will not drop them until they somehow lose money airing the show, which is damn near impossible. They might move them to a different time slot, but I doubt even that will happen.

To be honest, I don't think they were aware of how much it would cost to run Impact every week on the road, the estimate going around is about $650,000 for the two tapings. Hulk Hogan (age 60) is rumored to be making around $50,000 - $75,000 per apperance (rumored to be around 2 Million per year). Sting (age 54) made around $675,000 with TNA in 2011, so I assume it's in that same ballpark now & Kurt Angle (age 44) makes $600,000+ as well. Maybe it's time to let all 3 men go, personal feelings aside.

They should let them go, seriously the ratings would be the exact same. Make Samoa Joe and Styles the centerpoint of the promotion. Do something diffrent to actually bring fans in, just like they did way back when in 2004.

They should let them go, seriously the ratings would be the exact same. Make Samoa Joe and Styles the centerpoint of the promotion. Do something diffrent to actually bring fans in, just like they did way back when in 2004.

This is what boggles my mind. At one time, they had Hulk Hogan, Sting, Ric Flair, Mick Foley, Booker T, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Scott Stenier & Kurt Angle all under contract and yet the ratings never moved, well they moved in the wrong direction. When will they come to the conclusion that these guys don't draw anymore, nor appeal to there fan base? TNA is supposed to be an alternative to WWE, how can you be the alternative when your roster is made up of middle aged men who are hoping that WWE gives them a call to get out of there.

We'll see in a few months, Hulk Hogan will be gone from TNA and he'll return to WWE in some form or capacity and trash Dixie Carter/TNA saying that they had no clue what they were doing over there, that it's run by idiots and WWE is the best wrestling company in the world, just like how every ex-WWE guy who leaves TNA has said.

This is what boggles my mind. At one time, they had Hulk Hogan, Sting, Ric Flair, Mick Foley, Booker T, Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Scott Stenier & Kurt Angle all under contract and yet the ratings never moved, well they moved in the wrong direction. When will they come to the conclusion that these guys don't draw anymore, nor appeal to there fan base? TNA is supposed to be an alternative to WWE, how can you be the alternative when your roster is made up of middle aged men who are hoping that WWE gives them a call to get out of there.

We'll see in a few months, Hulk Hogan will be gone from TNA and he'll return to WWE in some form or capacity and trash Dixie Carter/TNA saying that they had no clue what they were doing over there, that it's run by idiots and WWE is the best wrestling company in the world, just like how every ex-WWE guy who leaves TNA has said.

This is what I have been preaching for years, every once in a while they would add a new star and the ratings would jump for a week or two than fall back to normal which means people tuned in to see what was going on cause Kurt Angle was coming to TNA and they didn't like the product being presented.

Thats why I keep saying TNA needs to be diffrent to be successful. Do what WWE doesn't. Cruserweights, legit tag teams, and a talented Womens divsion. They have done all of these things at one time but not all at once and now they are ALL devalued.

I'm glad someone else realizes it.

Just because TNA has high ratings (for Spike) and Spike makes money of TNA, it doesn't mean TNA makes money.

You have a lady who wants to run a wrestling company (but doesn't seem to know how) being funded by a guy that doesn't wan't to run a wrestling company (or he would be).

Dixies dad has to look at this as red or black. If he's any kind of buisness man he'll eventually cut his losses.

I have no idea when that will be, but all signs point to TNA trying to fix money issues incorrectly.

Instead of creating a product that's worth money, they are simply keeping it the same and attempting to remove cost.

This would work great for an indy company just trying to stay affloat, but for a buisness that's attempting to grow and become it's own stand out product it's simply a short term buisness plan that will do nothing for them in the long run.

Not to mention the most obvious cut they could make (Hogan) a guy that can't even perform in ring, a guy that is not putting money into the company as much as he is taking, stays while actual substance performers are being let go.

It's terrible and it literally makes zero sense.

Also, quit comparing TNA to WCW. It makes no sense.

WCW had the money coming in to stay affloat, they simply spent to much and had to many guys locked into contracts they couldn't afford to terminate (wether it be to a settlement or just the lawsuits) the final nail was losing their timeslot, but it wasn't because of lost money. They simply didn't want wrestling on their network, regardless of what was going on finanically.

TNA is the complete opposite. They have guys they can get rid of but won't, they never had the money to begin with, and they aren't doing anythign to get it. Their network will not drop them until they somehow lose money airing the show, which is damn near impossible. They might move them to a different time slot, but I doubt even that will happen.

Dude, it's been years since Dixie has been in control of TNA. Literal years. If it isn't drawing money, then surely this business man who isn't any kind of business man, yet manages to do well with his own business, would've cut his losses a longgg time ago.

I'd love to see TNA fold, to see the great talent there move on to better things, but at the same time I don't. If Joe/Styles/Daniels/Aries went back to the indies it'd overshadow the new talent that's being built there. Unless they went to WWE or Japan. Plus Angle could return to WWE when he's clear to wrestle which would be awesome.

Archived