Mr. Anderson's Contract To Expire Next Month, Written Off Television

After The Rain

Credit: Gerweck

Mr. Anderson’s status with TNA remains a mystery as the former two time TNA champion was written out of television during Thursday’s Impact with his contract expiring next month. Similar to the case of AJ Styles’ contract negotiations with the company, financial terms was the major issue for a new deal that would keep Anderson in TNA beyond the almost four full years he’s been working there. Anderson lost a last man standing match against his fellow Aces & Eights member and TNA champion Bully Ray on Thursday’s show and did the stretcher job. The attack on Anderson continued afterward though as Ray piledrived him on the stage for what seems to be either a long injury angle or his final appearance.

I was a big Mr. Kennedy fan ever since he debuted in WWE, I honestly think if he wasn't so injury prone at that time then he would've been a multiple time WWE Champion by now. In the beginning of his TNA run, he was booked really strong but what really hurt him in my eyes was the constant face/heel turn flip flop almost every few weeks, once he joined Aces & Eights I found his work to be very bland and boring, felt that he was possibly burned out or just stopped trying all together. I think getting back to WWE is out of reach and out if the question, so hopefully either some time off from TNA or possibly being a face might rejuvenate his career.

Archived