Dream matches you never knew already happened

Crowley

WWE.com has a good top ten article on this, check it out:

http://www.wwe.com/classics/classic-lists/10-dream-matches-that-actually-happened

RVD vs Mr. Perfect happened on SUNDAY NIGHT HEAT!?

Also, Savage vs Michaels is the dream match to end all dream matches for me.

Randy Savage has faced HBK. Savage was defending the WWE Championship, I think. It is on Savages' DVD.

WWE.com has a good top ten article on this, check it out:

http://www.wwe.com/classics/classic-lists/10-dream-matches-that-actually-happened

RVD vs Mr. Perfect happened on SUNDAY NIGHT HEAT!?

Also, Savage vs Michaels is the dream match to end all dream matches for me.

Yeah that RVD/Perfect match happened unfortunately when Curt Hennig came back after WCW ended and the fans, and especially WWE themselves didn't show him the respect he truly deserved. To turn one of the greatest technical performers in pro wrestling history into a Sunday Night Heat jobber is blasphemous in wrestling terms.

Brets match vs Hogan, and his backstage scuffle with Sting, if you want to call that a match, clearly outlined what a disappointment Brets stay in WCW was. Then to be literally booted out by Goldberg just left a bad taste in my mouth as a longtime fan of his. Feuds vs Hogan, Sting, Benoit, Curt Hennig, and even Rey Mysterio would have been awesome if done right and would have made for an epic tenure at WCW, but well...you know.

Its a shame we never got to see any of those feuds. I would love to see Bret and Rey Mysterio lock up.

I had never seen Mr. Perfect vs. RVD until now. What an enormous disappointment that was. I think Mr. Perfect's return to WWE was almost as much of a let down as Bret's time in WCW. There's so many amazing matches that could have and should have happened.

This is an awesome thread and I hope it lives long and prospers. :cool:

Taker vs Hakushi was new to me, and so was Steamboat vs Trips

WWE.com has Steve Austin vs Great Muta up on their site. It's not that rare of a match as it happened on an old WCW PPV (Spring Stampede '94), but it was long before either of them developed gimmicks that caused one to become the greatest ANTI-HERO of American wrestling and the other to become the greatest ANTI-HERO of Japanese wrestling.

Still, that Spring Stampede match is pretty well known to American fans at least, but this one from about a year later isn't.

NJPW - Stunning Steve Austin vs Keji Mutoh

Excellent, that is exactly the type of matches I'm hoping to see. That was a new one for me. Keep them coming!

Archived