Christian York Talks About His Release From TNA

After The Rain

Credit: 411Mania

Christian York was interviewed by Chad Dukes of ChadDukesWrestlingShow.com and spoke about his TNA release, Bobby Roode, and more. Below are some highlights:

His Release From TNA: “It was the same time everyone else was getting released, they just called, I guess it was like July 2nd or 3rd or something, said ‘they gotta give you your release.’ I hadn’t heard back from them at all in a while, in May whenever I worked for them last, it was just, they had to let me go. They had to make budget cuts. When they have nothing that they can do for ya, they can’t fit you into the stories, you’re just sitting at home collecting a paycheck they’re gonna have to make a budget cut. That was just the way it was.”

If He Feels That He Got A Fair Chance: “I don’t know if I’d say I didn’t get a fair shake, I don’t think I got to live up to the potential that I think I have. I think maybe in the beginning they were just testing the waters with me to see if I could get over. I really have no idea because I never got any feedback. I thought I was having some good matches with people, especially with Jeff and Bobby Roode, had some good stuff. Then all of the sudden you don’t show up for TV anymore, you’re just sitting at home collecting a paycheck. I was doing house shows and stuff but that was it. I was just grateful that they gave me a shot.”

I was pretty surprised with how things went with York, considering he got a strong push, but for some reason it led nowhere. He was solid but he didn't really belong in the X Division, he looked slow and out of place with guys like Zema Ion or Kenny King. If TNA's midcard was better defined he could've done well in a TV title area.

So...is this a big loss? Because I don't have the slightest idea who this guy is. Ball couldn't be dropped too much if (as a wrestling fan), I don't even know who this character is. The general public must really not give a *Censored*.

From what I remember, he wrestled on TNA's first show back in 2002 and used to team with Joey Mercury. But he finally got his big break after ten years when he won Gutcheck last year. I remember he had some decent matches with the likes of then X-Division champ RVD and then world champ Jeff Hardy. He didn't win those but had pretty good showings.

Archived