What are the benifits of the six-sided ring?

.Legacy

Most wrestlers say they don't like it. They trained on a 4 sided ring, then have to re-learn a lot because the ring has 6 sides. It looks stupid too, in my opinion. The only benefit is "it's something different than the WWE" College football is something different than the NFL. They don't play college football on a 6 sided football field..

Most wrestlers say they don't like it. They trained on a 4 sided ring, then have to re-learn a lot because the ring has 6 sides. It looks stupid too, in my opinion. The only benefit is "it's something different than the WWE" College football is something different than the NFL. They don't play college football on a 6 sided football field..

But that would be pretty cool if they did.

In the beginning, it benefited TNA's aerial style. It was good for doing springboard attacks. It lent itself to the "nonstop action" portion of the name. As time went on, TNA changed into a standard "entertainment" based wrestling show just like WWE...so the six-sided ring became pointless.

Pretty much this, I actually preferred it though.

People always talk about how they want the Six-Sided ring to return but I feel like it's similar to how people want WWE to go back to 14+. Rating. A rating or the number of corners won't improve the product at all.

But on topic the benefits I see are that it's bigger, more can be done move-wise, it allowed for more match types, and it was unique - Seeing it immediately made you realize that it wasn't WWE and made you realize what it was all about.

On the negative side though, I have read that a lot of wrestlers have complained because of them being used to 4-sided rings but I think after a while most would get used to it. I've also seen a forum post of someone who's worked for TNA as the ring crew and it supposedly takes a lot longer to put up and take down a 6-sided ring.

Archived