Hulk Hogan's Agent Explains Contract Situation w/ WWE 2K14

AustinFan

According to ProWrestling.net, Hulk Hogan's long-time agent Peter Young signed a deal back in 2008 with THQ, the original makers of the WWE video games franchise. The deal was for Hogan's character to be included in a THQ-made WWE game (likely "WWE Legends of WrestleMania", as "WWE All Stars" was not in production until 2010), and the contract included a renewal agreement that was picked up by 2K Sports when they purchased the rights to the series from THQ earlier this year.

Young continues to claim that Hogan has not signed any sort of new contract with WWE or 2K Sports, backing up earlier statements from Eric Bischoff, and that they simply cashed in on an old renewal agreement to make the upcoming "30 Years of WrestleMania" mode possible in WWE 2K14.

Credit: WrestleZone.com

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/277821-hulk-hogans-agent-explains-contract-situation-w-wwe-2k14

make sense I wonder if that was the reason they did wrestlemania if he didn't have an agreement I doubt they do wrestlemania mode

I forget who, but one of those THQ guys (I guess 2K guys now) said if they couldn't get Hogan, they weren't going to do the mode since he was such a big part of the first 9, plus you can't do WM18 without him either.

TNA signed him to a contract that allows him to deal with outside licenses, are they that stupid to think if WWE or whoever wanted him in a DVD or a Video Game he wouldn't take advantage of that clause in his contract? If it's such a big deal to them, then fire him and save some damn money to spend on your future.

TNA: "Why did you sign a contract with WWE games, Hulk?"

Hogan: "I didn't, brother. They signed with my twin, Hank Hogan, dude!"

TNA: "It says 'Hulk' right there..."

Hogan: "You know those guys at WWE...always making typos, brother..."

*Pockets explode and cash falls out*

:lol:

Archived