Elite Pro Wrestling (and Introduction)

Illgamesh

What's good people. I want to start by giving a little backstory to myself. My love of customization really grew with the Armored Core series (anyone who knows AC, knows most CAW makers would feel right at home). I put wrestling games down for a long time, because I felt Yukes efforts got really stale after the subtitled Smackdown games, and the WWE brand in general at the time.

I was browsing Youtube one day and came across Golden Standards CAW show and thought "Hmph there is something to this Universe Mode" so I actually picked up the series again just from CAW potential. I got a roster I enjoyed seeing and playing as up and running pretty quickly but lost all my data. Hadn't touched the game since and then I found Oz70NYC's face morphing tutorial and after watching it was inspired to step up my CAW game. And found this place. The CAWs on this forum are by far the best I've seen on the net, so I know I can only improve by being here.

So with ALL THAT said, I started down the road to getting a roster I can really be proud of for WWE2K14 when all the leagues will be in full swing again. And here are my first two efforts (WIP)

Firstly: Marcus King "MK Ultra"

Combination of two previous characters Darius King "King D" and Andre King "AK47" Using Oz70NYC's tutorial, he looks MUCH more like a believable black dude. So thanks for that.

MKFace_zps1818a7e5.jpg

MKUltra_zps818e252d.jpg

And secondly: Ash Riley

Formerly "Kid Crimson" because of his attire, Went with a very modern sounding name. Something like you'd hear in NXT or PWG. Again, 10x more face morphing than I would have done before.

AshFace_zps334ea7f9.jpg

AshRiley_zps69d5ec83.jpg

So obviously I have tattoos to add, but I'm currently still practicing how to get them right and will be putting a bit more detail into attires. Good to be here, lemme know what you think.

MK Ultra's Theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0UsdW91IN0

Ash Riley's Theme: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHNn882wSCY

As one of the official "unofficial" leaders of the PS3 Original CAW community here, I'd like to say "welcome" to our humble corner of cyberspace. Off the bat I have to say your facemorphing = excellent. Very well done, dynamic and unique on both guys. Obviously they're incomplete works, so I won't harp on the attires, but for a 1st attempt after a long layoff from CAW making, you've done a good job. I look forward to seeing your growth as a creator.

Alvaro1_zpsdfd97058.jpg

Alvaro2_zps8cb0fb28.jpg

Alvaro "Thunder" Silva. Tried to get him as close as possible in the face to one of my favorite characters in an action movie, The Colombian from Undisputed 3. Music is Alberto Del Rio's theme.

DCain1_zpsacc543d7.jpg

DCain2_zps47521054.jpg

Donovan Cain. A favorite of mine the first time around, he looked too much like the template in the face and hair. Looking up CAW shows I found a million and one guys who looked like him so I retooled his face/hair combo to look much different.

As entertaining as some CAW shows are, I find a lot of the CAW designs and face/body morphs of them rather uninspiring. That's actually going to be a future subject of a video I may do once 2K14 is out and I've gotten a few of my flagship characters completed.

On topic, you latest 2 show promise and improvement. They're not over done, but they're unique enough that you can get a general idea of what their personalities are without having to be be told. Which IMO is the definition of a good original CAW. When a person can look at your CAW and without a description tell what kind of character they are, you're doing it right.

• 2 weeks later...

So taking a hiatus of sorts to wait on 2K14. No sense in putting any more effort into WWE13 when it's on it's way out the door. Doing a lot of prep work though as far as gimmicks/names/colors schemes/research for my characters. So you should see me in full force, maybe even with a youtube show (might have to partner up with someone as I have no capture equipment etc.).

I think with the face morphing I will be using real life people to try and target like I did with Silva. He is based on Marko Zaror, who is a real martial artist. I think I'd be much better at creating dynamic faces basing them on real people.

EPW....be prepared....

Archived