Raw 2 and Wrestlemania 21

EJ!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gamecube?

Xbox for both games.

Raw 2 was good, I loved playing it. Wrestlemania 21 however was pure shit.

I gotta agree with you on that. Something about CAW mode really bothered me.

The CAW mode for Wrestlemania 21 was so limited. Like, it was 2/10, especially the moveset. Even as a heavyweight you didn't have cruiserweight moves although many heavyweights can do some stuff like moonsaults or whatnot. Raw 2 was like... anarchy while Wrestlemania 21 was dictatorship... although the story mode was decent it was the same old stuff over and over. Raw 2 at least could change it up a bit.

Gamecube?

Xbox for both games.

Raw 2 was good, I loved playing it. Wrestlemania 21 however was pure shit.

I gotta agree with you on that. Something about CAW mode really bothered me.

The CAW mode for Wrestlemania 21 was so limited. Like, it was 2/10, especially the moveset. Even as a heavyweight you didn't have cruiserweight moves although many heavyweights can do some stuff like moonsaults or whatnot. Raw 2 was like... anarchy while Wrestlemania 21 was dictatorship... although the story mode was decent it was the same old stuff over and over. Raw 2 at least could change it up a bit.

I remember being all hyped up over the graphics in the game by a few screenshots then I played the game and wanted to put Raw 2 back in the xbox.

WrestleMania 21 was one of my favourites. Like RAW 2, the entrance customization was amazing. It was like unlimited pyro. The in game models for an Xbox game looked very good and I really enjoyed the season mode. It featured full voice overs if I remember correctly. I never owned the game, just rented it, but the first time I rented it, I was hooked.

WrestleMania 21 sucked. And I'll give whoever thinks that game was good, an infinite amounts of reasons why thats wrong.

The engine was shit. The movesets were wayy tooo limited, the game had absolutley zero replay value. And the CAW mode which you could only use for the shitty season mode, blowed.

2k needs to learn absolutely nothing from Studio Gigante. RAW 2 on the other hand. I always found the gameplay to be stellar, as it was very similar to the N64 games. The season mode was pretty much endless and not really that bad other than the repitition.

CAWing, and entrances and the ability to edit the in-game roster however you felt like was the golden egg of that game. Hell, you could unmask Rey Mysterio if you knew the right mask combination to use.

WrestleMania 21 wasn't even that bad, I'd play it over Legends of WrestleMania any day.

Yes it was. The game was so bad, it would regularly realize how much it sucked and just stop. It was basically trying to save you from itself. That's how bad it was. The fact that a caw's moveset would be nonexistent outside the ring was also a deal breaker.

Since we are on the subject of bad WWE games. What about bad Wrestling games overall?

I'll name one that I played on PS2 called WWC. I bought it thinking it was based off Carlos Colon's company, But it was not & the game you would go for a grapple & nothing would happen. /it had a submission metre that never moved & it was just bad overall. To me that eas the worst Wrestling game ever

Another thing I liked about Raw 2 was the mix of the graphics being cartoony or like a comic book but yet the models themselves were realistic,it was just different and cool to have it like for at least one game(can't remember if it was the same for Raw 1)

image_zpsda5e83bc.jpg

Notice the streetfight attires for Taker & Brock.

Raw 2 is probably the best wrestling game I played on the old gens. Loved it, only thing it lacked was Elimination Chamber, blood, defending titles in exhibition.

The one thing bugged me, don't know if anyone noticed it, in the manual, there was a picture of Kane unmasked and face burned, I never found out, was it in the game, was it?

I thought there was blood... but there were some bugs with the game, like how the referees took too long to count, "comebacks," and CPU opponents kicking out at first or second finishers. Like, you had to keep doing tons of damage to keep them down. Triple H was particularly annoying as he kicked out a lot or somehow started a flurry of strikes and didn't let up.

Another thing I liked about Raw 2 was the mix of the graphics being cartoony or like a comic book but yet the models themselves were realistic,it was just different and cool to have it like for at least one game(can't remember if it was the same for Raw 1)

image_zpsda5e83bc.jpg

I'll take alternate wrestling attires over street attire EVERYDAY of the week.

image_zpsda5e83bc.jpg

You could replace those street attires with your own wrestling alt.attires in Edit a Wrestler as well as edit the default one

I thought everyone liked HCTP or No Mercy over Raw 2 and Wrestle-mania 2..

Most do but this thread is just about those 2 games for some reason

It was interesting and unique when each console had a different brand. Each game had a different developer and a different vision on how a wrestling game should be.

Gamecube - Day of Reckoning

Playstation - Smackdown!

X-Box - RAW

Now we all get the same experience (regardless of what console your on) and there's no point in trying to be innovative or different.

I've been trying to tell people this for years. Multiplatform games might be a good idea in other genres, but using the same series for every console has hurt the wrestling games.

image_zpsda5e83bc.jpg

I know Triple H had his signature one with his logo on the shirt and Rock had his black tracksuit aswell.

I think Hogan & Goldberg had them aswell which made a nice touch.

I noticed that even though Day of Reckoning and Smackdown vs Raw were made as separate series for different consoles they shared a lot of things like the graphical style, character models, aesthetics and even announcing. I'm not sure if it was the same team working on all the games (RAW series too) but it was obvious that what they used for SvR they also used in DoR.

Archived