Raw 2 and Wrestlemania 21

EJ!

Not sure where to put this.

These are two games that were widely regarded as bad WWE games but I think they both had potential.

Raw 2, even though the gameplay was pretty balls, took hours of my time. There were so many moves, so many move positions, so many creative options including the ability to add and remove clothing from in-game superstars. The Season mode was just loads of fun to play. It was short enough for you to wanna play it over and over again. I think the 2K series could take a lot from this game.

Wrestlemania 21 looked like it was gonna be a revolutionary game but it missed the mark by a longshot. The good of the game is that the in-game models were pretty good looking and it's fun to imagine what it would look like if it were remade on a next-gen console. The complicated controls contributed to the downfall of this game as well as the glitchy and stale gameplay and limited movesets. But I think 2K or whoever should take another stab at this engine because in my opinion it was a good foundation to build from.

Thoughts?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

WrestleMania 21 was one of my favourites. Like RAW 2, the entrance customization was amazing. It was like unlimited pyro. The in game models for an Xbox game looked very good and I really enjoyed the season mode. It featured full voice overs if I remember correctly. I never owned the game, just rented it, but the first time I rented it, I was hooked.

I loved Raw 2 because it was the only game with a proper Hogan finisher,.

Svr 06...

SVR 06 wasent the same. In Raw 2 when you hulked up the camera was right there in the face up close as the ai hit you and the move didnt complete till you hit 3 punches and the ai was laying on the ropes.

Then you just hit the finisher to irish whip, big boot and Legdrop.

2006 didnt even come close to replicating how authentic the Raw 2 move was.

Raw 1 I think was worse than Raw 2. I actually liked Raw 2 better. Wrestlemania 21 I don't think was that bad. Way to many bugs, The worse part about that game was that if you chose custom music & played through Story mode it froze after a while. Other than that I don't really see an issue with it.

I agree with you they need something similar to this in the game.

http://m.youtube.com/?reload=2&rdm=up56e3ji#/watch?v=uRWHutYn-os

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRWHutYn-os

Fixed that for you.

I dont see why other fans call a game bad because its not fast enough. SD games have always been fast compared to other ones.

It was interesting and unique when each console had a different brand. Each game had a different developer and a different vision on how a wrestling game should be.

Gamecube - Day of Reckoning

Playstation - Smackdown!

X-Box - RAW

Now we all get the same experience (regardless of what console your on) and there's no point in trying to be innovative or different.

Ah raw 2..the good ole days where weapons didn't disappear and could keep using them even when broken,The days when a story mode had original stories that were actually great ones than recreating or buildig it up to WM matches,The days where Create an Entrance was truly advanced,Oh and when Edit a Wrestler was actually that

Archived