Eras of TNA?

.Legacy

and they still do today but no there a difference

when the brand was split in 2002 to what it was in 2008 in 2008 the brands mingle

they both use the same pay per views before 2008 the brand split was pretty much had no cross over other then some random fued each brand had there own pay per view with only there brand wrestlers minus the big 4

after 2008 they mingles so the brand split was pretty much going away and led to the universe era

1. No. What is the last time you saw a WWE Event or went to WWE.com?

2. No. The Tag-Team Divisions got unified in 2010, but that's all. Unless you're talking about that SmackDown & ECW talent exchange thing, which was still just between ECW & SmackDown. Raw was completley seperated from the other two brands.

3. So what? Because they didn't have brand exclusive PPVs anywmore there was no draft split?

4. You're totally confusing 2008 with 2011/12

umm no raw and ecw had a talent exchange in sept of 2008 mnm and hardys

just cuz they have the brands still doesn't mean there still a brand split if so I wouldn't be seeing smackdown guys wrestle on raw or raw on smackdown

there are none no matter what u say u cant have eras when the company only 11 years old

13 years in WWE:

Attitude Era

Transitional era 1 (Invasion)

Ruthless Aggression

Transitional Era 2 (changing back permanently to TV-PG)

Reality Era

Universe Era....it is possible

there no transitional era the invasion is in attitude era and it what ended the era then ruthless aggression then universe there is no reality era

1997-2001 attitude era

2002-2005 ruthless aggression

2005-2011 pg era

2011-2013 reality era

2013- current i dont know

no u just see smackdown and raw guys fighting on ecw for the ecw title rvd held both wwe and ecw titles even tho it was different brands

agree to disagree

to me the eras are

golden

new gen

attitude

ruthless

universe

Dude...RVD wasn't even with the WWE anymore in 2008

The WWE Eras aren't really up for debate.

Golden Era

New Generation Era

Attitude Era

Ruthless Aggression Era

PG Era

Reality Era

^This is the general consensus.

sorry yes it is like everything else general consensus doesn't mean it 100% set in stone inless wwe saids what eras are what

it cant be a pg era then a different era if it still pg

The only era to have a definitive face of the company was Golden Era when hulk was the face. all other eras have debatable faces of the company. and AJ styles has been the face of TNA forever.

not really for me

golden was Hogan

new gen was bret hart

attitude was Austin

ruthless aggression was the rock

universe was cena

to me the only one debatable is new gen with hbk or bret but I chose bret

as aj the face witch is the only one I no of for tna but I don't think he is anymore

For WWE:

1984 and earlier - old school professional wreslting

1985-1992 - Golden era, Hulkamania era, Rock 'n Wrestling era, Federation era, whatever you wanna call it

1993 was a bit of a transitional year

1993-1997 - New Generation

1997 was another transitional year

1998-2001 - Attitude

2002 was a transitional year

2002-2007 - Ruthless Aggression

2008 was a transitional year

2008-current - PG era, Universe era, Reality era, whatever you call it today

But anyway, this is about TNA. and I've only followed TNA since like 2009 or 2010 or so, and I don't really know the history, so I don't really feel i'm qualified to divide that into eras

The only era to have a definitive face of the company was Golden Era when hulk was the face. all other eras have debatable faces of the company. and AJ styles has been the face of TNA forever.

not really for me

golden was Hogan

new gen was bret hart

attitude was Austin

universe was cena

as aj the face witch is the only one I no of for tna but I don't think he is anymore

Golden was Hogan, no doubt. New generation, it was Bret at first, HBK the second half. Kind of depends how you split it. Attitude was Austin, no doubt. Rock has gone on to become a bigger star through Hollywood and all that, but during the actual Attitude era, there was no doubt it was Austin # 1, everyone else a distant second.

For WWE:

1985-1992 - Golden era, Hulkamania era, Rock 'n Wrestling era, Federation era, whatever you wanna call it

1998-2001 - Attitude

But anyway, this is about TNA. and I've only followed TNA since like 2009 or 2010 or so, and I don't really know the history, so I don't really feel i'm qualified to divide that into eras

not really for me

golden was Hogan

new gen was bret hart

attitude was Austin

universe was cena

Golden was Hogan, no doubt. New generation, it was Bret at first, HBK the second half. Kind of depends how you split it. Attitude was Austin, no doubt. Rock has gone on to become a bigger star through Hollywood and all that, but during the actual Attitude era, there was no doubt it was Austin # 1, everyone else a distant second.

idk much about the new gen but wasn't hbk a heel at the time that the main reason I chose bret as I don't think a heel can be the face of the company

For WWE:

1998-2001 - Attitude

not really for me

golden was Hogan

new gen was bret hart

attitude was Austin

universe was cena

idk much about the new gen but wasn't hbk a heel at the time that the main reason I chose bret as I don't think a heel can be the face of the company

Bret was the babyface and HBK was the heel. This is around 93-95. Bret's the world champ at this point, second face of the company would probably be Lex Luger during the first part of Bret's run (see WM10), then Diesel around '95 (see WM11). Shawn really got pushed as a face once Diesel (Nash) and Razor (Hall) (along with Luger a year earlier) left for WCW

But he had been such a good heel for so long, it was hard to see shawn as the babyface,and this was around the time WCW was at their peak with the nWo angle, so HBK's run as the top guy was really at a terrible time as WWF was pretty much second rate at this point. It wasn't until he turned heel again with the original DX, and Austin got pushed as the main face that WWF really took off with the "Attitude" era.

So anyway, basically Bret was the face of the New Generation at first, then Shawn was for the second half of that era, but Shawn's run as the top guy came at the worst possible time as no one was going to outdraw the nWo juggernaut when that first started. So looking back, yeah, I'd probably put Bret as the face of the New Generation era.

Archived