Ric Flair on How Long He Thinks TNA Will Be Around: "I Don't Think Much Longer"

AustinFan

As we reported earlier today, Ric Flair was recently a guest on The Steve Austin Show, and part 2 of the interview is now online at this link.

Austin and Flair discussed a number of topics in the lengthy interview, and amongst them was Flair's thoughts on TNA, his experience there, and what he thinks the future holds for the company. While Flair maintained that working with Dixie Carter was "great," he had the following to say when asked how much longer he thinks the company will be around:

"I don't think much longer," Flair said. "They're making live TV now. Her [Dixie Carter] father's tremendously wealthy, but at some point of time, you've gotta say man," and then Austin added, "a write-off becomes a loss."

Credit: WrestleZone.com

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/277445-ric-flair-on-how-long-he-thinks-tna-will-be-around-qi-dont-think-much-longerq

The only why I see TNA dying is if Spike TV drops them. Much like WCW, if you don't have a timeslot on a network then your dead. I believe it's time for them to finally let go of Hulk Hogan and Sting. As much as I like Sting for being loyal to the company for so many years, induct him into the TNA Hall of Fame before Bound For Glory and give him a proper send off. Hulk Hogan is the highest paid performer on the roster who can no longer perform. If they would've dropped him from the beginning, they could've signed AJ Styles by now, and have kept some of the Gut Check guys.

The only why I see TNA dying is if Spike TV drops them. Much like WCW, if you don't have a timeslot on a network then your dead.

Exactly. And, as far as I know, TNA is still Spike's highest rated show, so they're not likely to drop them anytime soon.

Where does flair mention spike?

The company is funded by Dixie's dad, if the company isn't making money at some point he's not gonna want to spend money it regardless of what Spike wants. If anything that's an even bigger reason to drop it, they have a high rated show on a good network at a good time and still can't make a buck? That's called a bad buisness model, as a buisness man I'm sure he's going to get tired of it someday.

You spend money to make money, not break even. If he can't make that money he's not going to want to spend it anymore.
Wrestling almost has nothing to do with wether it sinks or swims in the next few years. It's money.

The only why I see TNA dying is if Spike TV drops them. Much like WCW, if you don't have a timeslot on a network then your dead.

Exactly. And, as far as I know, TNA is still Spike's highest rated show, so they're not likely to drop them anytime soon.

False. That's CSI.

Honestly if I was dixie I would have my dad buy out a company already established like RoH, sure you could become the biggest industry heel if that ends up going out of business, but I bet that RoH has more of a fan-base than TNA. Some of their show are just dreadful.

False. That's CSI.

To be fair, CSI is also on significantly more than any other show on that network.

EDIT: It's almost like that show, VIP. It would be on almost non-stop.

False. That's CSI.

To be fair, CSI is also on significantly more than any other show on that network.

EDIT: It's almost like that show, VIP. It would be on almost non-stop.

While very true, it's kind of sad when re-runs of shows do better against new episodes, not just TNA, but for any show for that matter.

Pretty sure TNA is one of Spike's highest rated programs. But then again, it could easily happen. Just look what happened to ECW. I mean I doubt Spike is currently looking for another wrestling show, but the same thing could easily happen with either another wrestling show, or even MMA.

Pretty sure TNA is one of Spike's highest rated programs. But then again, it could easily happen. Just look what happened to ECW. I mean I doubt Spike is currently looking for another wrestling show, but the same thing could easily happen with either another wrestling show, or even MMA.

Also depends on who is in charge of the network, that's how WCW actually died along with Superman The Animated Series, Pinky & The Brain, Batman The Animated Series, Freakazoid! & Histeria!. Jamie Kellner was the guy who decided to ended all those shows because he was in charge and he didn't like them. If someone new comes in and doesn't like wrestling and/or MMA, then he or she will drop it asap.

I still don't get why any of you are mentioning Spike or ratings.
Ratings don't equate to money.

They are spending more then they are making.
That's all there is to it.

Unless they can cut cost, or increase profit, TNA will dissapear sooner then later.

I still don't get why any of you are mentioning Spike or ratings.

Ratings don't equate to money.

Um.. yes they do. The higher your ratings, the more you can charge advertisers to play their commercials during your show.

The better rating you get, the better TV time you get because you bring more money. Ratings = Money. Anything otherwise is asinine and moronic.

Archived