But what about the gameplay?

Vapor

Everyone, including me, are pumped up for the game, because of it's historical campaign and the awesome roster, but what about the gameplay? I mean, WWE '13 is fun to play, but a reversal system change or easier strike combos (both are confirmed) are not gonna make the gameplay that much better. I just played the original SmackDown! vs. Raw and after I got past the almost ten year old graphics, I found an engaging, awesome wrestling game. It's so fast-paced and so intense. Everything happens quickly and the opponents actually stay down. I clotheslined Christian as my first move in a match, he stayed down for two seconds and then got up slowly. It's actually a pleasure to play matches, something I don't sometimes find in WWE '13. And the A.I. actually goes for finishers and taunts in original SVR. I'd definitely bring back some of the arcade-like gameplay back into the series and the body view to see how damaged your opponent and you are. How would you change the core gameplay? Now I'll go back to playing SVR despite the outdated roster.

Nobody should get up slowly in the beginning of a match.

And you can already see how damaged your opponent is

Disagreed. You can, yes, if you press the limb target button, but you can't see how damaged the wrestler you're playing as is and you can only do the limb target thing in some matches, not in Royal Rumble for example.

I played Here Comes The Pain all over again a few months ago and I couldn't believe how challenging the season mode was at Hard (which is not the hardest difficulty available in the game). The gameplay made you feel the difference that comes with different weight classes, something that sadly cannot be said about WWE'13. You would actually have a hard time trying to beat Goldberg as Chris Jericho.
A.I was a lot more challenging, the reversal system was better, and the submission system was perfect.
Oh, and you would actually lose matches at times.

I liked the gameplay in 13, with a few exceptions:

1. 2 counts..
2. AI will kick out of the first finisher, and lose to the second one 95% of the time on the normal setting. Made it predictable.
3. AI is pretty shitty.. you can kick it's ass with a bit of practice on legendary.

4. Those damned reversal chains (this was changed in 14 thank god)

5. Diving moves are ridiculously hard to hit against a skilled player.

14's looking good though.

I played Here Comes The Pain all over again a few months ago and I couldn't believe how challenging the season mode was at Hard (which is not the hardest difficulty available in the game). The gameplay made you feel the difference that comes with different weight classes, something that sadly cannot be said about WWE'13. You would actually have a hard time trying to beat Goldberg as Chris Jericho.

A.I was a lot more challenging, the reversal system was better, and the submission system was perfect.

If you want a arcade game, don't play a simulation game

SvR is a simulation game. It does have arcade elements though. Which was actually really *censored*ing fun.

SvR is a simulation game. It does have arcade elements though. Which was actually really *censored*ing fun.

I personally try to perfectly create realistic matches. It never was easier than in WWE'13.

I don't care how "challenging" the game is, because every game will get easy after a while.

(Yes, the AI of WWE'13 is still bad.)

The AI worries me...WWE 13s AI really put me off playing because of the constant dismantling of the announce table and constant Irish whips to do the barricade OMG moment, was so annoying, also annoying was how your opponent just walked on the spot or stood there like an idiot doing nothing. It seems the ref still runs around like a retard so the state of the AI worries me, if it is as shitty as WWE 13s was then that is a definite negative

Archived