Things In WWE 2K14 You've Seen That've Saddened You

Kenobi-Wan

^ Attire, model and face. They are the problems, how can it be a retro HHH if it's just the attire that's changed. HHH has changed dramatically over the years, that's the problem this is just like 13. But that is my only complaint this year along with a few other minor things, overall this year looks amazing.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

^ Attire, model and face. They are the problems, how can it be a retro HHH if it's just the attire that's changed. HHH has changed dramatically over the years, that's the problem this is just like 13. But that is my only complaint this year along with a few other minor things, overall this year looks amazing.

In-Game Model wise, Triple H hasn't changed whatsoever; Smackdown! Just Bring It - WWE'2k14 the Models look pretty much the same.

In-Game Model wise, Triple H hasn't changed whatsoever; Smackdown! Just Bring It - WWE'2k14 the Models look pretty much the same.

No. They've changed facially, morph and size, considerably. HHH model bulked up in SYM/HCTP. You just don't want to admit you are wrong, and you see nothing wrong with the models. They are completely different era separated by over ten years. Keep defending and justifying. You probably said the same last year about HHH's models. They are just simple regurgitation.

But, I am not going to argue with someone who on his own on this issue, only YOU cannot see the problem. Arguing over something that is simply oblivious is not only pointless but fruitless.

Now like always I'm still excited for the games, can't always dwell on what could have or should have BUT, when they add something to the game that you've wanted but is executed poorly...thats a different story.

Triple H(Retro)

- How disappointing. This looks like some modder changed his tights logo on his WWE '13 model.

Its just terrible being this is my favorite look for The Game. Why didn't they just use the Triple H '98 -'99 model dammit! Make new hair, add some stubble, and call it a day. Can't believe they did that...

http://downloads.2kgames.com/wwe/site/img/thm-roster-final-triplehretro_081720131033.jpg<---HE SURE AS HECK DIDN'T LOOK LIKE THIS!

THIS is how he looked!(Just pause at 3:40...Despicable.)

Just pause at 3:40...Despicable.

PS: Shawn Michaels hair always being the same through the ages is also annoying. Like his '97 model wearing an '03 attire and being the referee for a 2012 match when the have a more recent HBK model model in the game that has a ponytail more suited to be there!

But.....still looks like fun!

What are you dissapointed about?

What saddens me is that its the end of Aug and I'm not sold on the game yet... Usually I am. We usually have the full(first day and some DLC) roster by now. This game is looking more like a LOW game(which I don't like) than a WWe 2k1? game..

*Shrugs* Perhaps I don't give a damn about In-Game Models all that much, it's not Booker T. quality :censored: -up so I'm fine; Looks like a perfect In-Game Model to fit in with the Evolution look.

Well, if it fits in with his evo look, WHY give him an attire from 4 year prior? Why give him an attire from 2000? It's easier, that's why.

What saddens me is that its the end of Aug and I'm not sold on the game yet... Usually I am. We usually have the full(first day and some DLC) roster by now. This game is looking more like a LOW game(which I don't like) than a WWe 2k1? game..

Don't know how'd you compare WWE'2k14 to WWE Legend Of Wrestlemania, but none the less we have little information. Marketing thinks it's hype, it's not though it's a disaster in the making for these type of games everything should be released in stages so fans can fix what the designers missed.

Agree with baby-boi. Only thing that saddens me about the game is that I don't know whether or not I want it.

I mean the Lita attire being the wrong one is annoying but I won't touch WM mode anyway. Soon the full roster shall be revealed and I'll have my answer.

...One of those Unlock All folks, great; Gamer you aren't.

^

Way to keep on topic... that comment's just funny.

Not that my gaming history is of any relevance but what would it matter to you or this topic if I am a gamer or not? Clearly I'm interested in WWE games so what else should matter on a forum based largely in WWE games? You are right about me using the unlock all feature though. But then I only use that because game modes like AE mode and Road to WM are so bad I'd rather not put myself through them.

Back to the topic at hand:

Just watched some of the gameplay footage and tbh it looks pretty similar. Not a bad thing because it's what's expected but it's a little disheartening because you just know 1/2 of the effort has gone into 30 years of 'Mania.

^

Way to keep on topic... that comment's just funny.

Not that my gaming history is of any relevance but what would it matter to you or this topic if I am a gamer or not? Clearly I'm interested in WWE games so what else should matter on a forum based largely in WWE games? You are right about me using the unlock all feature though. But then I only use that because game modes like AE mode and Road to WM are so bad I'd rather not put myself through them.

Back to the topic at hand:

Just watched some of the gameplay footage and tbh it looks pretty similar. Not a bad thing because it's what's expected but it's a little disheartening because you just know 1/2 of the effort has gone into 30 years of 'Mania.

How in the bloody hell do you know how bad they are, which they aren't if you haven't played them? What is so bad about them, it's a normal match; Historical attributes are optional...

^

Again with the off topic post but I'll indulge it.

For Road to WM I watched my younger brother play them... they were terrible.

I should state that I did actually trial AE mode but after 20mins or so I just had to turn it off.

To be fair it doesn't help that:

a) It's the AE... a time where I enjoyed WCW and disliked the WWE. To this day I watch WWE matches/angles from the 90's and honestly feel it sucks. WCW was no better but I do get a bit of nostalgia from events like the triple cage match.

b) They put the difficulty on legend I think which is only a problem because the only increase in difficulty is the increase in number of kickouts after finishers from the CPU and the increase in reversals from the CPU. It's not harder, just longer and really boring.

But those attributes aside, I found the AE mode felt dis-jointed. It all felt a little bit crap. And on a side note, if you don't try and do the historical achievements then what's the point? I think I got through 2 matches and started the 3rd before deciding it wasn't for me... and that is why I turned it off, got the unlock all and started enjoying the game at least a little. Though to be honest I still much rather play 90% of the other games I own.

- How hard is it to create alternate models for classic JR and King? Seeing King at ringside in a T-shirt calling a match from 1994 completely takes me out of the action.

- They created a bald Fink model. Cool. But why is the classic haired Fink ring announcing up to WMX8? WMXIV should be the last WM where he has hair. He was completely bald by WMXV.

I want to see a story for Caws. My idea is this. Have your caw travel back in time in a "Time Machine" to watch WM1 live. But you land in Mr T's Gym & injure him. Mr McMahon worries & names you as the replacement. Perfect way to add matches if 2K could not sign that star for what ever reason.

I want to see a story for Caws. My idea is this. Have your caw travel back in time in a "Time Machine" to watch WM1 live. But you land in Mr T's Gym & injure him. Mr McMahon worries & names you as the replacement. Perfect way to add matches if 2K could not sign that star for what ever reason.

Your idea has one flaw...

Your idea has one flaw...

indeed it does.....no one could ever beat up Mr T! ;)

Triple H's look has been pretty much the same for the past 13 years (with exception of the recent haircut). I don't see the big deal. Personally, my favorite HHH has always been the 1998 "leader of DX" Triple H.

Google 2000, Hunter and 2013 Hunter and tell me they've been the same. Again, I don't know how people can justify the devs cut/pasting a model and expecting it to be good enough.

You probably think Mysterio hasn't changed at all throughout the years, lawl.

Triple H's look has been pretty much the same for the past 13 years (with exception of the recent haircut). I don't see the big deal. Personally, my favorite HHH has always been the 1998 "leader of DX" Triple H.

Google 2000, Hunter and 2013 Hunter and tell me they've been the same. Again, I don't know how people can justify the devs cut/pasting a model and expecting it to be good enough.

...Cause he really hasn't; none the less it's small barely noticeable details that wouldn't have mattered anyways.

...Cause he really hasn't; none the less it's small barely noticeable details that wouldn't have mattered anyways.

Smfh... Lmfao.

Archived